• Latest reply 4 years ago by Mitch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181023_162315 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I’m going to be picking up a slugfest and besides the usual ratchet for the leg bolts, what do I need to remove the baseball card holder for transport? Suggestions on how to best do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m going to be picking up a slugfest and besides the usual ratchet for the leg bolts, what do I need to remove the baseball card holder for transport? Suggestions on how to best do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Its a crap shoot on how to remove the card chute...mine had bolts....the only issue with SlugFest is that its quite a bit bigger than a pinball machine....if your using a truck its not an issue, but with a car it is....for example a pinball machine fits easily in my land cruiser, but SlugFest does not....

#3 4 years ago

All you've got.

No way of knowing if it's stock, or parts replaced.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

And remember , the back of the game is heavy with little to grab onto!

#5 4 years ago

I was worried about the fit into my 4RUNNER, but I think it should work. I’m more worried about not being able to lay it down because of the card chute device and how to go about removing it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I was worried about the fit into my 4RUNNER, but I think it should work. I’m more worried about not being able to lay it down because of the card chute device and how to go about removing it.

ITs easy to remove so I wouldn't worry about it....no way it fits in your 4Runner unless u leave the hatch up....

#7 4 years ago

Bring a helper, it’s heavy

#8 4 years ago

I’m a tool, bring me

#9 4 years ago

Don't forget the money! Happened to me before.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ITs easy to remove so I wouldn't worry about it....no way it fits in your 4Runner unless u leave the hatch up....

Is it longer than a standard pin? I usually have a few feet left over with a pin.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Is it longer than a standard pin? I usually have a few feet left over with a pin.

its much bulkier and yes its longer....All I know is that it doesn't fit in my LandCruiser

#12 4 years ago

I think I had to load it on its side. I know it was difficult to get it in my Traverse. I think the head was detached. Odd shaped game.

#13 4 years ago

Thanks for the information. Might just have to rent a truck to do the pick up.

#14 4 years ago

Had to remove the head and put cabinet on its side to get it in my 2013 Pathfinder.

#15 4 years ago

I had to remove the head to slide it in the back of a Sienna minivan. Just open the back head door and you'll see the bolts and connectors to remove.

The card chute was just nuts and bolts on mine, easy to remove.

#16 4 years ago

Fit into my 4Runner with room to spare.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Fit into my 4Runner with room to spare.

Congratulations on your new game.

#18 4 years ago

Now I’m looking for custom arsenal cards with Deadpool, Punisher and Venom to fit the rest f my theme.

#19 4 years ago

Like others have said this thing is a beast... taking the top off buys you a bit of space but not as much as you’d think. I was able to fit it in my Mazda 5 on its side with the top on but just barely. Seller had no keys and it was late and I didn’t bring my drill for the locks so we squeezed it in.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Like others have said this thing is a beast... taking the top off buys you a bit of space but not as much as you’d think. I was able to fit it in my Mazda 5 on its side with the top on but just barely. Seller had no keys and it was late and I didn’t bring my drill for the locks so we squeezed it in.

I was able to leave the top on with out issue. It’s a 2018 4Runner and it had room to spare. It had roof clearance as well as clearance on both sides. You guys had me worried until the seller told me he was easily able to move it on his jerk grand Cherokee. I just wish i had the room to pick up my big blue I’m still working logistics on. Easy load on and a breeze to pull out. Now I will say this, it’s one have MOFO due to a lack of places to
Hold it.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Congratulations on your new game.

I haven’t had this much fun since STTNG and Deadpool. Man I wish I’d have picked this up sooner. Also, open invite to my local IL northwest brothers and sister, let’s have a gathering and make this into a fun drinking game.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I haven’t had this much fun since STTNG and Deadpool. Man I wish I’d have picked this up sooner. Also, open invite to my local IL northwest brothers and sister, let’s have a gathering and make this into a fun drinking game.

It's the ultimate 2 player shit-talking game.
I managed to squeeze one in my Honda Fit! Albeit I had to drive with the hatch open!

IMG_20181023_162315 (resized).jpgIMG_20181023_162315 (resized).jpg
#23 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from PtownPin:

its much bulkier and yes its longer....All I know is that it doesn't fit in my LandCruiser

Ya landcrusier doesnt have good interior space. 4runner has way more room. I move 2 ss pins in my 4 runner all the time.
Had a hottdoggin wide body and a catacomb in mine at the same time last week, hatch closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 40.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-slugfest-what-tools-do-i-need-to-bring?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.