• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi, I'm new here...

Anyway, I was recently able to convince the wife to get Bad Cats... I'm a pinball guy and she is a cat lady (not that I don't love cats, too). Not paying TOO much but unfortunately the Fish Bone-Us target is currently not working. Cab has some fading and is pretty much yellow instead of orange but I am super pumped. Hopefully I can fix the target with a cleaning and maybe some simple maintenance.

#2 11 years ago

Welcome, I've been looking at that machine for my son, who LOVES cats. I had the chance to play one @ RustyLizards in WI and thought it was a pretty neat game! Nice find!

Check the mechanics of the target, sorry for such a vague suggestion, I'm not terribly familiar with the design of the mechs on this game.

GL!

#3 11 years ago

Congrats. Enjoy your new game!

#4 11 years ago

Congratulations! Bad Cats is not a bad game at all. It's a very strange theme for a pinball machine, but somehow it works.

#5 11 years ago

welcome and congratulations

#6 11 years ago

Congrats. Got to play that for the 1st time last week at Pinball Wizard. Pretty fun game, agree w/ pose though.....kind of an odd theme.

#7 11 years ago

meow meow meow, you should get the cool cat MOD, you get double sided tape and stick your real cat to the playfield it will bat your balls around more then any other toy

#8 11 years ago

I'm glad you've found this site! I enjoy Bad Cats! Its not the most common game. But it has some fun aspects to it. That target shouldn't be too hard to get fixed. With all of the talented pinball repair people around here, one of us can step you through it.

The bad news... More then likely, this pin will be number one of lots to come!

Trust me on this! I once thought ONE WAS ALL I'D EVER NEED.

-Aaron

A Pinball Wizard of the Iowa Pinball Club

#9 11 years ago

Had a hell of a trip picking it up. Car battery died right after the purchase in a mall parking lot. Noticed a Sears in the mall, bought a battery. Sat about 20 cars back from a huge traffic accident for about an hour and a half. 7 hour round trip ended up taking 10+...

Finally made it back and set it up. Good shape, faded side art, a couple broken plastics here and there, nothing that affects gameplay. Bone-us target stuck in, works once if I manually pull it back out so it shouldn't be too hard to get fixed! A spring and some post rings should do the trick.

Can't stop playing it. I love this table.

#10 11 years ago

CPR is releasing a plastic set along with their playfield when it is done. I was lucky enough to get one with a painted cab so I don't have the fading, just some flaws in the wood and paint. It's not real deep but it is a cool game.

#11 11 years ago

lots of cat lovers on pinside

#12 11 years ago

I played Bad Cats for my 1st time at Gamewarp this year, one of my favs there actually. Well played with the wife and congrats.

#14 11 years ago

Now that's an epic win for a first pin.

#15 11 years ago

Congrats on your first pin!

I got into pinball about a year ago. Since then I have bought 8 pins, sold two, and have learned a great deal about repair etc.

This site is an immense resource for you.

The target fix will be simple.

Start saving for #2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-my-first-table-this-weekend-bad-cats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.