Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by amkoepfer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0AA49FCC-2233-4E12-9D35-B594EE1FE9B4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Need some quick advise. going to pick up a system 3 after work in a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee. From what I read, it will not fit, but maybe sideways? Anyone have any incite on this? If you transport it sideways, does that prose any issues to the cabinet? it will be a 2.5 hour trip each way.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

If you transport it sideways, does that prose any issues to the cabinet?

As long as there are no structural issues with the cabinet and you stretch wrap it well with several layers to protect the artwork, it should be fine.

#3 3 years ago

System 3s are notoriously taller than most any other machine with the head folded down. So much so, that I had to lift the shell on my Tacoma 3 to 4 inches to make one fit where all the others just slide in.

You might want to take measurements.

#4 3 years ago

Yup they are way higher, everything else fits in my escape, system 3 did not.

#5 3 years ago

the jeep has 31" height and 45" wide so some decent room but don't know the dimensions of the system 3 game

#6 3 years ago

should be able to disconnect the head hinge without the wiring harness coming off. slide it down the cabinet, pack well, and then stretch wrap. taking the head completely off is not that big of a deal either. I did that when I moved a world challenge soccer downstairs mostly because it was so damn heavy. Took the PF out too.

Bally 6803 are tall too. Special force did not fit in an old blazer where everything else did.

#7 3 years ago

right on. I appreciate all the advise. will see how it goes later tonight

#8 3 years ago

Barakandl is spot on. When I bought my wipeout I had to slide the head down a good ways and strap it down. I did not have to take the wire harness off.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Barakandl is spot on. When I bought my wipeout I had to slide the head down a good ways and strap it down. I did not have to take the wire harness off.

that might be the best vs being on its side right

#10 3 years ago

Sideways will be fine. I transported a capcom game (similar cab dimensions to a system 3) 10+ hours on its side. Just wrap it up good to protect the art from scratching as you slide it in and out.

#11 3 years ago

heading out in an hour to go pick it up!!! thank you for all of the advise guys. greatly appreciate it.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

should be able to disconnect the head hinge without the wiring harness coming off. slide it down the cabinet, pack well, and then stretch wrap. taking the head completely off is not that big of a deal either. I did that when I moved a world challenge soccer downstairs mostly because it was so damn heavy. Took the PF out too.
    Bally 6803 are tall too. Special force did not fit in an old blazer where everything else did.

Ive done that with system 3s too

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Yup they are way higher, everything else fits in my escape, system 3 did not.

new gen? 2013+?

They fit in my 2005 but not my 2015 escape.

I have also had to tip a gladiators sideways to fit in a escape or pilot. otherwise on a waterworld I unscrewed the head and slide it forward to fit it in.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

new gen? 2013+?
    They fit in my 2005 but not my 2015 escape.
    I have also had to tip a gladiators sideways to fit in a escape or pilot. otherwise on a waterworld I unscrewed the head and slide it forward to fit it in.

Ya, 2015

#15 3 years ago

Quit stalling and let's see your new project L7

#16 3 years ago

Was a successful pick up of a gladiators. Put it on its side and no issues getting it to fit

#17 3 years ago

Slid right in.

0AA49FCC-2233-4E12-9D35-B594EE1FE9B4 (resized).jpeg0AA49FCC-2233-4E12-9D35-B594EE1FE9B4 (resized).jpeg
    #18 3 years ago

Looks like it fit like a glove, cow-lynn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-a-sys-3-advise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.