Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Goonie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Picking up a strange science on Thursday....no topper. Wondering if the neon light will stay put without the plastic cover, or does that hold it in place? Seems the neon is available but the cover is not.

Anybody have one for sale ?

#2 7 years ago

Also never played this game. Hopefully it's a litte fun?

#3 7 years ago

I always liked the theme of Strange Science. Never seen or played it though, less us know.

#4 7 years ago

Will do! Got it for a nice price And had some extra cash so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Also never played this game. Hopefully it's a litte fun?

Very fun, like Space Shuttle, you steal the other player's locked multiballs for much screaming.

#6 7 years ago

Oh nice. I didn't know that!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Will do! Got it for a nice price And had some extra cash so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try!

I assume you are picking up the Strange Science in Michigan, just N.E. of Traverse City. If so, I hope the seller told you that the backglass is either a translite or a paper copy.

#8 7 years ago

I really like the game but the parts are expensive so you need to know what you are getting into.

Neon topper $80 (not held in place by cover)
Partical separator ramp $115
Cliffy for antigravity $36
Flipper coils $15 each
Flipper rebuild kit $40

It is supposed to have a painted back glass, it might be a hard sell with a paper or translite replacement. A really nice example is worth $900 to $1200.

#9 7 years ago

The neon is held in place by the topper box. It has white nylon loop clamps that support it. The "insulators" are merely for looks and neither insulate nor support the tube

Thank goodness James reproed the Particle Separator ramp! It had been needed for YEARS and now we have it. Now if only he could find the mold for the anti-grav

#10 7 years ago

I would buy an anti-grav in a heartbeat, fortunately there is a cliffy for it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

....no topper. Wondering if the neon light will stay put without the plastic cover, or does that hold it in place?
Anybody have one for sale ?

The plastic cover is for protection only. There are stand-offs that hold the neon tube in place.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I assume you are picking up the Strange Science in Michigan, just N.E. of Traverse City. If so, I hope the seller told you that the backglass is either a translite or a paper copy.

yeah, I was fine with it. Doesn't have to be perfect for me to enjoy playing it I suppose. Got it for 500 bucks which I think is fair.

#13 7 years ago

$500 sounds about right. Pics?

#14 7 years ago

Very fun game. One of the best late 80s Bally games, before being absorbed by Williams.

#15 7 years ago

Fun game with a great soundtrack.

#16 7 years ago

Congrats, great game.. I love mine! Also one of the toughest yet most rewarding multi balls in pinball.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Congrats, great game.. I love mine! Also one of the toughest yet most rewarding multi balls in pinball.

Yeah, it's a great feeling when all those balls come down isn't it. Tough to keep them all going, but there in lies the excitement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 137.00
$ 49.95
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside