IMG_20190211_163310 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190211_163222 (resized).jpg
IMG_3406 (resized).jpg
IMG_1535 (resized).JPG
IMG_1534 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1533 (resized).JPG
IMG_1532 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

The journey begins! So excite!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

First time I have ever flown to pick up a game.

#4 5 years ago

Current flight to Chicago and then onwards

For those of you that know the surprise, don't spoil the fun.
I will drop some hints as we go.

#5 5 years ago

Love these early morning flights into chitown and always amazed at the monsterous size of this city!

IMG_1532 (resized).JPGIMG_1532 (resized).JPGIMG_1533 (resized).JPGIMG_1533 (resized).JPG
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is it a Metallica?

Super LE and I am flying in special to try out a beta set of "blinding zebra strip man those are Fing bright" aftermarket lights on it!! So bright you will only be able to see half as well.

#9 5 years ago

Great game and i like how you think, but we already have one of those

#11 5 years ago

Next flight. This one will be a bit longer, but takes us to a beautiful place.

#14 5 years ago

Roger that, cleared for take off.

IMG_1534 (resized).JPGIMG_1534 (resized).JPG
#16 5 years ago

Sure is purdy, but i guess that is all about the eye of the beholder?

IMG_1535 (resized).JPGIMG_1535 (resized).JPG
#18 5 years ago

Reveal coming soon. If you are sharp, you may have picked up on the theme of some of the clues by now...

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Flying or driving the game back?

After I pick up the game, the plan is to ship if back to myself.

#21 5 years ago

First hint was the picture of me only showing a single eye.
Next hint was the Monsterous city
Then it will be so blinding you will only see Half as well.
Followed by one eye winking emoticon
No human image was a hint also
ROGER that.
EYE of the beholder
If you are SHARPe you have figured it all out by now.
After i pick up the GAME, i PLAN to ship it...

#22 5 years ago

Boom!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Congrats, I'd love to just get to play one, much less own one.

Thx, this one is a survivor. Bought in an uction, but has been in the same home for the past 20 years. Should clean nicely when I am done with it. Boards all look clean, bglass is mint, pf just minor stuff. Very happy to ge this one to eventually put next to Andomeda.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Let me guess, this whole adventure came about from playing one at Pinburgh?

Nope, beenwanting one for a few years and ramped up the hunt after getting a nice Andromeda and realizing what a great game it is. Played it again at pinburgh and got a perfect round 10 of 12 points largely due to crushing Cyclopes. That really solidified that this game would be in my collection.

Crazy thing is that quite a few people notified me of this auction coming up and i had a needed trip out to SEA anyway. Made it all come together and total sense to bid. Ended up at a great price by the time I get it home and I considier it to likely be the second nicest one I have seen. The perfect backglass really pushed it over th top!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I hope he made you sign a waiver.

Funny enough... i did have to sign a waiver. Made total sense to. I was actually surprised they did not take proof of ID. Just made me sign to pick up and waive any issues post pickup.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So, you’re shipping the game home? How will you be packing it up? Just roll up to the ups store and buy all their bubble wrap? Or do you already have access to a place where you can pallet it up properly.

Crating it and shipping it home to myself. Half brother lives out here so giving me a hand.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funny - when I smash a game, I have no desire to buy one.
I got the highest score on Star Light at INDISC Classics this year - 2m in the playoffs. Cool, rare game, but I did everything the game could do, so now I don’t need to own one.
But I know you wanted a Cyclopes, so congrats! Safe travels!
rd

For me, smashing a game is a rare occurance and I just smashed my opponents, far from completing the game. I will say you must have played the easiest starlight ever, but if you did not collect everything on a single ball then you still have a ways to go

Im super stoked to have this one, great art, shooter, and roger sharpe last designed game. Guy was revolutionary in his time for really thinking about what a game needed to keep you playing.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Congrats!
So what are you in on it for? Since it's a rare game, will be beneficial to other collectors to get a handle on it's market value.

Likely end up a little over 4000 when all said and done.

Game was 3525 plus shipping it home to myself. Can't count the plane ride or other costs, but the hunt and trip are all part of the experience for me. I know of two others for sale right now and sellers are asking 4500 but I was not happy with how things were going down on either of those (playing potential buyers against each other ) so happy to pull the trigger on this one and have a fun trip to go along with it.

#45 5 years ago

Thx guys. Hope he makes it home safely.

#49 5 years ago

Unlikely to be at mgc this year but may feature it in scs if you qualify. Got another big project in cue right now but hope to get cyclopes up to snuff sooner than later.

#51 5 years ago

Thx brother

#53 5 years ago

I typically bring games I have restored to MGC as I enjoy sharing rare and good playing games which I can trust to hold up to 600 plays without any baby-sitting. I am sure cyclopes will make an appearance for the public eventually, but won't make the cut this year.

Play in one or two more of the big competitions in appleton and greenbay and you have a good shot at SCS. Keep in mind it looks like top 24 this year, so going a bit deeper.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Congrats buddy! I know you've been looking for one and glad you found it! I'll have to swing by when it's ready to put a few games on it

For sure! Now that I am done with major house stuff, it is time to rearrange some games and start working on newer pickups! Excited to refresh some of the lineup!

#56 5 years ago

All packed up and on the pallet. Travel safely and see you in a week.

IMG_3406 (resized).jpgIMG_3406 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#61 5 years ago

Game is still on track to arrive to Madison sometime this week.

Fingers crossed for a safe arrival.

#62 5 years ago

Game arrive in town and getting it from depot later today. Shipping guy says it looks good...

So excited!

#63 5 years ago

arrived safely it appears. Hope to unwrap this weekend and start working to bring it back to life!

thanks to those that followed along.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

You have more patience than me...id have it unwrapped and setup already lol

too busy finishing up games for route. We are supplying a bunch of new stuff for the brand new bar cade in town which opens very soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-a-new-game-today?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.