(Topic ID: 35186)

BTTF from 1400 miles away...Great Scott! UPDATE!

By shacklersrevenge

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RawleyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg
bttf.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Well, a trip to Disney from MA, and the pin is south of Disney. l'm going to save the clock tower!!! save the clock tower!! Lightning struck that clock...okay, you get it

This was/is an ebay buy/gamble. Bought it for $586. lt will need a paint job on the cabinet in the blue badly. If i'm lucky, the batteries are dead. If i'm a little less than lucky, Power supply is shot. If i'm not lucky at all, well...acid damage cpu...
I have a soft spot for some of DE's creations. The theme is cool, and haven't really played one (Though i know what to expect from this alpha pin) I figured i'd give this a shot and bring it back to life nicely, if possible, so stay tuned for a step by step thread bttf.jpgbttf.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Never played one either. Good luck I'll be waiting to see the threads!

#3 11 years ago

I was watching that one. I want one but its so far away

#5 11 years ago

Good luck to you! You will end up spending more on gas then the pin cost!

Are you at least going to stop at Disney?

#6 11 years ago

Hey I was watching that one too....good luck with the trip.

#7 11 years ago

I've been to Florida by auto over 50 times (I honestly lost count) So yes, this pin is added gravy for the long drive to Disney World

#8 11 years ago

I was the high bid before you ended up trumping me. Congrats

#9 11 years ago

saw that on ebay, good luck with fixing it up.... long drive for sure, would rather pay navl to deliver it, but warmer weather would be nice

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

I was watching that one. I want one but its so far away

As was I. I guess no pin on eBay goes unnoticed by the Pinside crowd.

#11 11 years ago

I was bidding as well but sounds like mpu is shot from auction description so stopped bidding.

#12 11 years ago

You need to sell your Black Hole pinball to make room for this, right? Still interestedddddd.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

You need to sell your Black Hole pinball to make room for this, right? Still interestedddddd.

You ready for system80?

#14 11 years ago

Congrats! Never actually played it myself. Can we officially start teasing you about picking it up in the Delorean? You know you can save a lot of money when it runs on beers cans and coffee grounds. Thank you... Im here thru the weekend and be sure to tip the staff.

#15 11 years ago

haha, actually, it's being picked up in a Tahoe...so I have to go back to 1955 to afford the gas

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You ready for system80?

It's time for me to step up. The things I haven't learned yet are painting/Woodworking and board repair/troubleshooting. Less messy to do the latter

#17 11 years ago

I have pages and pages of notes and videos, and system 80 will still get the best of me on an off day....and I've had them for years. Granted, I'm light on board work, but pretty decent at troubleshooting. System 80= the jungle of pinball.

#18 11 years ago

and look at that flyer above- who knew Gary Stern doubled as Dr Emmit Brown? Makes sense, he goes back in time to finish code

#19 11 years ago

You do realize that at some point on the way back home with it in your vehicle, you HAVE to go 88mph, right?

If you don't, you might need some of your pinball/nerd cred taken away.

#20 11 years ago

Cool to know who got it, surprised it was someone from so far away.

#21 11 years ago

And of course.. Keep us all updated on your restore. Congrats! It was obviously your density....

#22 11 years ago

Wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine, fun pin.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

And of course.. Keep us all updated on your restore. Congrats! It was obviously your density....

You mean, your destiny???

#24 11 years ago

Well, as long as you were heading that way, no harm done, right? Good luck with it!

#25 11 years ago

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpgI_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

#26 11 years ago

It's official... We are all dorks

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from DK:

It's official... We are all dorks

That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.

2 weeks later
#28 11 years ago

Just wanted to update this post to those that were curious. I put my trip off until March, so NAVL arrived today with the ebay BTTF.
Amazingly, NO ACID DAMAGE AT ALL. At power on however, there was no led lights on the mpu. I then went and grabbed a spare rottendog power supply I had, and bingo- all came to life, save for a few glitches.
One, some of the flashers are locked on, so I removed the flashers that were locked until I feel like tackling that issue.
Second, the eject hole under the clock tower would lock on once any one solenoid was activated/fired off. I traced this down to a bad transistor on the cpu solenoid drive line, happened to have a tip 122 on hand, replaced and all seems well there. Need to mess with the VUK switch, new rubber, etc, but it plays fast! I will update pictures soon.

#29 11 years ago

Glad it made it home! Once you get it all 100% you gotta LED it out, the multiball light show is one of it's best features and the led's really pop on that one.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just wanted to update this post to those that were curious. I put my trip off until March, so NAVL arrived today with the ebay BTTF.
Amazingly, NO ACID DAMAGE AT ALL. At power on however, there was no led lights on the mpu. I then went and grabbed a spare rottendog power supply I had, and bingo- all came to life, save for a few glitches.
One, some of the flashers are locked on, so I removed the flashers that were locked until I feel like tackling that issue.
Second, the eject hole under the clock tower would lock on once any one solenoid was activated/fired off. I traced this down to a bad transistor on the cpu solenoid drive line, happened to have a tip 122 on hand, replaced and all seems well there. Need to mess with the VUK switch, new rubber, etc, but it plays fast! I will update pictures soon.

Congrats on the game man, i have never played that one...

I'd like to give it a shot some day....

#31 11 years ago

thanks- I have never played one either and was skeptical but after a couple plays I'm pretty impressed! It's pretty friggin fast too!
If you dig the early DE pins you'll feel right at home with this one

1 month later
#32 11 years ago

Great thread! I just traveled over 1500 miles round trip for my BTTF this week. Great pin and I love the theme!

#33 11 years ago

One of the best multiballs.
congrats

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-a-bttf-about-1400-miles-awaygreat-scott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.