(Topic ID: 101675)

Tech: Picked up WOZ, Monkey no worky

By ovfdfireman

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys, traded for a WOZ last night, super excited!

I just put a couple games on it and every game was stopped short by a non working monkey!

Little F'er is pissing me off, ruined my excitement already for the game.

Could use a little help if you have had the problem before. No I have not jumped in yet..... Had to walk away
But here is what's happening, monkey comes down and never goes back up. It's not an intermittent issue, it's every game.
In test mode the monkey tests fine as long as you don't go all the way to the bottom, if you do, it takes a few button presses to come back up.

I would like to crack this open with something to start on, I won't have much time this weekend so I guess I won't play it, but come next week, I wanna get this thing fixed.

Appreciate it guys!

#2 9 years ago

If it goes down and not back up, go to switch test and make sure that the monkey down switch is being activated. That tells the monkey to come back up. The switch may need an adjustment. It is easy.

#3 9 years ago

Okay thanks, I will start there

#4 9 years ago

Also to make things easier pull the playfield back up out of the machine. If you are used to working on others you might not think to do this. Find something to put under the back rails and you can actually get to the monkey, switches, etc.
Once I realized I could do this it made it so much easier.

#5 9 years ago

Probably not a bad idea to ask jjp to join the woz forum. There are a few good threads on fixing the monkey (and many other fix it threads). And you also have Lloyd to offer some tech adv on this issue.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Hey guys, traded for a WOZ last night, super excited!
I just put a couple games on it and every game was stopped short by a non working monkey!
Little F'er is pissing me off, ruined my excitement already for the game.
Could use a little help if you have had the problem before. No I have not jumped in yet..... Had to walk away
But here is what's happening, monkey comes down and never goes back up. It's not an intermittent issue, it's every game.
In test mode the monkey tests fine as long as you don't go all the way to the bottom, if you do, it takes a few button presses to come back up.
I would like to crack this open with something to start on, I won't have much time this weekend so I guess I won't play it, but come next week, I wanna get this thing fixed.
Appreciate it guys!

I would PM LTG if he does not see this thread. He is the expert WOZ/JJP technical assistance person.

#7 9 years ago

Speaking of the monkey, is white lithium grease the proper lubricant for the threaded rod?

EDIT: Found the answer on another thread - Lloyd says white lithium grease.

Post edited by txstargazer3: Found answer

#8 9 years ago

I had a similar problem with mine. Turned out to be four very small Allen screws on a coupling attached to the motor shaft. Tightened them up a bit after seeing that fix on the woz forums, worked like a champ!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Little F'er is pissing me of

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys, gonna get to it this weekend. I have just played it anyway, though the monkey has yet to work! Not even once…….I plan to do all of this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-woz-monkey-no-worky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.