• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.15.41 AM (resized).png
20200720_213435 (resized).jpg
20200720_213426 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Picked up some of those Japanese Pachislo slot machines. From Facebook marketplace. One works great, other two no keys but turn on and half works. "Cranky condor" takes coins and just spins till it eventually stops. "Getter Mouse" plays music but coins go straight to tray. Gonna work on getting them open to try and see what I'm working with.

Anybody else have some experience with these? Little start for my slot machine collection. Gonna get a full size US machine soon.

20200720_213426 (resized).jpg20200720_213426 (resized).jpg20200720_213435 (resized).jpg20200720_213435 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Mafia_Metals:

Picked up some of those Japanese Pachislo slot machines. From Facebook marketplace. One works great, other two no keys but turn on and half works. "Cranky condor" takes coins and just spins till it eventually stops. "Getter Mouse" plays music but coins go straight to tray. Gonna work on getting them open to try and see what I'm working with.
Anybody else have some experience with these? Little start for my slot machine collection. Gonna get a full size US machine soon.
[quoted image][quoted image]

All pachislos have an easy access channel in the bottom.
There should be a hole you can reach up into and pull down near the lock mechanism to open it up.
Don’t be like me and drill them out!! None of them need to be drilled.
Japan was ahead of the curve with that idea. It may be hard to figure out where the pull bar is but you should be able to feel the rubber grip. If the bottom hole is covered just punch through it. Usually it’s very thin Luan they cover them with. It’s 1000x easier to pull open the latch from the underside than to drill them out.

#3 3 years ago

It won't let me share, but if you type in pachislo machine errors to the google , there is a nice 42 page manual on these games.

#4 3 years ago

https://www.pachislodb.com/manuals/Yamasa.pdf

See page 12

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.15.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.15.41 AM (resized).png
#5 3 years ago

Was able to get Getter mouse open. Looks like it needs coin mech and hopper to work. Cranky condor I'm still working on getting open. Yellow ball works fine, I accidentally dropped keys for it when I bought it from seller. So need to go get them to reset the machine after my grandma won the jackpot haha.

#6 3 years ago

Hoppers are readily available on Ebay, I believe. The site JethroP mentioned also has some repair tips. I have one I bought for the theme (Speed Racer). You may have to wire in a potentiometer for volume control, they are loud and the volume control doesn't always work.

#7 3 years ago

Go to pachitalk.com. Any info or help you need should be there. They are built like tanks and typically easy to fix if all the parts are there.

#8 3 years ago

Years ago when I wanted a pinball machine but didn’t have room for it, I ended up buying a pachinko and Pachislo. I found Pachitalk.com to be very useful (almost like a pachinko version of pinside). Now I just need Stern to make a Jaws machine to go with my Jaws pachinko.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-some-new-japanese-slot-machines?hl=mafia_metals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.