(Topic ID: 115439)

Picked up my first Stern today

By Turboderf

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

well today I got my first stern rawhide its not working been sitting for a few years lets see if I can get it up and running soon

#2 9 years ago

A word of warning - you might actually be working on a Chicago Coin machine. Rawhide & Stampede were two machines being produced by Chicago Coin when Stern bought out Chicago Coin and some of the machines are actually Chicago Coin with Stern labels on them.

I know this from an experience a few years back when I was trying to locate an odd coin door trim for a Stampede I was working on. After I sold it without the trim (because I couldn't find a Stern one the right size) I found out my machine had a Chicago Coin coin door on it.

After talking to several people I found out Stern actually kept using the balance of Chicago Coin inventory when building those two machines so when looking for parts if a Stern part isn't right you need a Chicago Coin part.

Not a bad looking or playing machine but parts are a little crazy on some of the earlier production ones.

#3 9 years ago

thanks for the heads up I will start messing with the game this weekend and let you know

#4 9 years ago

Has Stern completed the code on this one yet

Fun game, good luck with getting it up and running.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-my-first-stern-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.