20200919_141853 (resized).jpg
20200919_141846 (resized).jpg
20200919_140705 (resized).jpg
20200919_140700 (resized).jpg
20200919_140657 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200918_132241_676 (resized).jpg
20200920_164954 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200918_132241_676 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

It's been an exciting 24 hours for me! Won this Gottlieb Royal Flush in an online arcade auction last night in my home town and got to pick up the machine today. Me and my buddy managed to move it the 2 miles from the auction house to my house with just taking the head unit off and we got it down the stairs without issue on my lunch break today.
I paid $950 + 18% auction fee + tax = $1,188 , so not the best deal I am sure, but I checked out all the machines in the auction and this was the one that really caught my eye.
I've had Williams Pat Hand growing up and my dad still has it and I love that game, I can play for hours, so I'm hoping for the same for this one.
This certainly won't be a showroom quality machine but I took some 99% isopropyl alcohol and cleaned the gas and that already made a huge difference. I'm back at the office, so I have time to type and post this, but I only managed to get one photo of it after we got it set-up. It's attached.
Some items I've noticed so far that I will need to resolve / improve right off the bat:
1. The lower right rear leg bolt is stripped and needs to be replaced. This missing (it's in there and I got a nut on the end since it isn't catching the threaded insert, but the nut barely threads on, so it's not tight) bolt is causing a lot of looseness in the feel of the machine, so I need to get that resolved ASAP.

I'm not expert, but might be able to help with a few things.

I'd call or email Pinball Resource and purchase a manual and a schematic. You can also ask about the Leg Plate when you call. It's probably this one, but I can't say 100%.

http://www.pbresource.com/hhouse/leg-tee.jpg

The Part Number for that is Leg-Tee

Quoted from BrettRS:

2. I need to figure out how to properly level this thing, but I'm sure there's plenty of support for that around this website and more.

You can do that with your phone or with an electronic level. I used to use my phone, but with the new iPhones, the camera sticks out from the back and makes it worthless. I use this when I level games now.

I'm not sure if they sell them anymore or not.

https://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P

The level goes between the flippers. You'll screw in or out the leg levelers in all 4 corners to get the machine level and at the correct pitch. For an EM, that's typically 5.5 degrees. There is a jam nut on the levelers, so you'll probably have to loosen that before you can move the levelers. The levelers might also be rusted fast. I keep a big bag of them around just for when I buy games. The levelers are typically shot.

Quoted from BrettRS:

3. There seems to be a little dust on the playfield and it could probably use some wax. I will research how to clean and wax it properly, but I'm assuming that a can of air might be a good place to start for clearing some dust?

Microfiber cloth + Novus 1 for cleaning. Spray some Novus on the cloth and go to town. Then you want to wax it with high quality 100% Carnauba wax. I would recommend Blitz wax. I'd also highly recommend you replace the actual pinballs. As they scratch, they can turn into sandpaper and are really hard on the play field.

Novus - https://www.pinballlife.com/novus-1-plastic-clean-and-shine-8oz-bottle.html

Blitz - https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

Quoted from BrettRS:

4. It is currently set in 3-ball mode and I want it in 5 ball mode. Also, I think the rules are something non-standard, because the big circular bouncer thing at the top is worth 1000 points and that seems way too high to me. So I'll have to read all the manuals and stuff about that.

I think with Royal Flush the 3-ball to 5-ball adjustment is in the head. It's going to be a Jones plug that you move from one position to another. The paper might have fallen off, so if it has, I'm sure there is someone here that can take a picture.

Quoted from BrettRS:

5. I think because my floors are a little spongy (basement, so vinyl plank on concrete), the tilt needs to be turned down a lot. I managed to set it off a few times in the few games I played in the basement.

It looks like it's out of center in the picture you posted above. You want the tilt bob to be centered in the ring. If you need to loosen the tilt, squeeze the clip a the bottom and slide the bob down.

Quoted from BrettRS:

6. The score on Player 4 isn't working properly, the 10,000 reel isn't turning over after 9,990 and I think it is because the 0X,000 reel is not in the correct position to make the 10,000 reel roll, if you can see in the photo, the 0X,000 reel is sitting back about an inch further than the other reels on the board.

There is a carry over switch that isn't making contact on the 1000 point reel. That's what tells the next reel to move. You'll want to pull out the reel and watch it as you rotate it using the solenoid plunger. What you're looking for is switch state change. Meaning if you step through 0-9 and see one switch that doesn't move from open to closed or closed to open at some point, that's most likely your culprit. You can find the wire color from the schematic as well.

Quoted from BrettRS:

8. It would be prettier with a lock and key, but not a dealbreaker for me. It does have all the manuals and schematics and extra balls and fuses inside

Ignore what I said about buying the schematic and manual above. I didn't see that you had it until I got down here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-my-first-ever-pinball-machine-today-gottlieb-royal-flush?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.