(Topic ID: 88097)

Picked up Lotr yesterday...missing a figure?

By pinsrus

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140419_081822_025.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, so I picked up Lotr and I'm not sure which figure is suppose to be there? And any clue where to get a replacement? Thank you

#2 10 years ago

A pic of the empty spot will help immensely. Usually can find them on Ebay.

#3 10 years ago

IMG_20140419_081822_025.jpgIMG_20140419_081822_025.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Lol

#5 10 years ago

Nothing is missing in that picture, the third Orc is near the top right tower.

#6 10 years ago

So where those plastic post are, nothing goes there?

#7 10 years ago

Just googled it, sorry I just assumed something went there seems odd for that to be there.

#8 10 years ago

As a new LOTR owner (for two months), let me tell you that there's a lot of stuff that's odd on that game. There's a post next to the Barad Dur tower that seems to do nothing, as is the post(s) next to Balrog that are connected to nothing and seem to serve no purpose. Then there was another thread about a hole in the ball guide at the back of the PF that doesn't have anything screwed into it (normal), and other random posts like the one you have pictured. It's like they designed the game with all this extra stuff then figured, "screw it," and kept the extra stuff out but all the hardware to install them in the game. 'Tis weird.

#9 10 years ago

The extra posts are typically placed in those spots to prevent ball traps (places where the ball could get stuck during play). Mfgs have been doing that for a long time.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

The extra posts are typically placed in those spots to prevent ball traps (places where the ball could get stuck during play). Mfgs have been doing that for a long time.
Steve (in Escalon, CA)

Ah! I stand corrected. Thanks. Can't see how the ball would get caught up in those areas, though, and I don't think Stern needed a 5-inch post to keep a one inch ball away from Barad Dur.

*Sigh* The place they needed an extra post is between Orothanc and the first post next to it on the PoTD. I always have balls nestle up in there and have to nudge the machine to get it out. Thankfully it doesn't require a tilt.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-lotr-yesterdaymissing-a-figure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.