(Topic ID: 250744)

Picked up a Williams Stripes and Solids (1971)

By RecceDG

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solids n Stripes schematic example (resized).jpg
MC-Example-B (resized).jpg
MC-Example-A (resized).jpg
0Magic-Clock-pinside-ori-E-margins (resized).jpg
0Solids-N-Stripes-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Jones Plug drawing.png
0Strike-Zone-Work-04 (resized).jpg
schematic symbol.png
SolidsNStripes-schematic.png
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Best way to do this is one problem at a time. So #1: Since all 3 ROs are affected, those switches are likely ok, but give them a good check anyway. They should make solid contact and be nice and clean. Then check the switches on this relay for the same thing. It is also possible that score motor sw. Impulse-C needs to be cleaned, so loosen the sw. stack screws and check that. Also, don't run amok cleaning everything or you can create new problems. And do you have a high-quality schematic scan you can post? IPDB does not have it.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

How do I identify "impulse cam switch C"?

Last one or two of the stacks that make up the score motor. Lettering starts at the bottom. The schematic, which you need to buy, shows it and what each sw. does. Snippet is from a Ding Dong, but all Williams follow the same pattern.

On your logic: sw. A on the 3000 relay keeps it energized

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

Holy crap that PBResource guy does not make it easy to order from him. No credit cards, no PayPal. Email sent while he is on vacation is dumped with instructions to re-send when he gets back....

Ooops, should have mentioned that ... you could try Marco.

Quoted from RecceDG:

The lights are intermittent, but the main player selection logic appears to work.

Could be the Lock relay and/or Game Over relay M/B sw. (for player up, yes?)

Quoted from RecceDG:

Is it normal for EMs to have a "shoot again" feature for when a player shoots but scores nothing before draining?

Williams Ball Index relay will do that.

#13 4 years ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/

Try the middle two sw. on the Lock relay for the lights.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Try the middle two sw. on the Lock relay for the lights.

OK, losing it ... first thing I thought of this morning was that the Lock relay sw. would involve the whole backbox. Check the M/B on the Game Over relay.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

6. 100pt chime not chiming;

Check sw. C, and if not that, the coil on the chime box. Did you check that Impulse sw. for the 3000?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

so I guess I try PB Resource again tomorrow.

Email Jimmy at [email protected]

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

Cleaning switch C on the impulse cam changed nothing.

Be interesting to see what else is involved once you get the schematic. Can you take it to Staples when you get it, have it scanned and saved as a PDF and post it here? $2. Bring a thumb drive.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

So after cleaning the contacts on the 3000pt relay, I'm pretty sure that it is not being energized properly by the score motor. It runs the score motor and then immediately clicks off - unless you hold the rollover switch down.

Try doing a jumper from Imp-C to the sw. on the 3000. You could have a cold solder, bad wire, etc.

#26 4 years ago

It could also be that not all of the pulses are getting thru.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RecceDG:

I really really wish I had the wiring diagram right now.

It should answer many questions. I had to read and re-read your last post a number of times and still not sure I got it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-williams-stripes-and-solids-1971?tu=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.