(Topic ID: 250744)

Picked up a Williams Stripes and Solids (1971)

By RecceDG

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solids n Stripes schematic example (resized).jpg
MC-Example-B (resized).jpg
MC-Example-A (resized).jpg
0Magic-Clock-pinside-ori-E-margins (resized).jpg
0Solids-N-Stripes-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Jones Plug drawing.png
0Strike-Zone-Work-04 (resized).jpg
schematic symbol.png
SolidsNStripes-schematic.png
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hyperball91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 4 years ago

I hadn't redrawn a schematic before, so I thought I'd have a go at yours RecceDG. Most of it is readable but there's a few vague spots, and I'm sure I'll find a few more later on...
Such as this symbol to the left of the 2. Any idea what it means or what it's supposed to look like as? as it's a bit blurry.
Anybody else feel free to chime in. I'm guessing a Jones plug or pin maybe?

Thanks, Mal

schematic symbol.pngschematic symbol.png
#40 4 years ago

Hi Rolf,
thanks for the pic, seems like it's a Jones plug after all. It looks like they just drew a little square/rectangle to represent it on the schematic. Here's what I ended up drawing as I thought it was most likely a Jones plug, so I'll leave it at that.

How do I redraw it? lol, thanks for the kudos. Resample it to 600dpi in Photoshop for a start, then start drawing over the bluriness. I'm not sure why I'm doing this schematic, but somebody might find it useful one day. At least I learnt how to draw a sprocket properly in photoshop, and a hexagon. Both took a while to get the hang of but I've got it now.

You might have seen mrm_4's score card thread for his Rio machine. That pic was very blurry and a tough one to draw but we managed to get it done in the end, so your schematic doesn't look so bad, why do you find it unreadable? Send it over if you like and I'll see how bad it is. Doesn't look any worse than RecceDG's png file of his Solids n Stripes schematic. I might even redraw yours too if I get bored.

~ Mal ~

Jones Plug drawing.pngJones Plug drawing.png
#43 4 years ago

Thank you. That'd be great. PM sent
~ Mal ~

#44 4 years ago

Rolf - MSPaint? OMG! Photoshop is tons better. I've recently moved up to Photoshop CC, finally, and it's got lots of nice new features that I quite like,
Yes I guess I misinterpreted your English sorry, but I think I have it now. That Magic Clock schematic looks quite readable, just a bit chewed up.

Here's a snippet of how the redraw is looking so far. The clone tool is great, you just draw something once then copy and paste it all over the place. The transformer, fuse, make/break relays etc. Drawing rings in PS is easy too. MSPaint doesn't have any tools like that so you're doing it the hard way.

~ Mal ~

Solids n Stripes schematic example (resized).jpgSolids n Stripes schematic example (resized).jpg
1 year later
#48 3 years ago

Hey RecceDG I finally got that re-draw of your schematic finished just now.
I haven't worked on it for ages, that's why it took a year to finish, lol.
If you'd like a copy of it let me know. It's almost 493 megs so it's very big and very readable.
Turned out great I think. Should print out nice. Cheers, Mal

Edit: and if anybody else, such as Barr993, who has a Solids 'n' Stripes wants a copy, just ask.

#50 3 years ago

Hi Alberto, no probs, I'll PM you.
Mal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hyperball91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-williams-stripes-and-solids-1971?tu=Hyperball91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.