I will tell you the secret.
Facebook. It's all about facebook.
I am a avid user... a rabid user. I could bore you with the facts... but I actually get paid to do it for a living. Its a long story.
Anyways, my approach has been pretty simple... not only to get deals on pinball... but also to help me in many other ways.
1. Have as many friends as possible.
2. Have as many followers as possible.
3. Post everything on 100% open, public privacy settings.
4. Make it very well known that you love pinball and collect machines.
5. Become "the pinball and arcade guy" on all of your friends list.
We forget sometimes... we are like... 1 in 50,000. Most people dont play, forgot about, and have no interest in pinball anymore. Its sad... so sad.
Anyways, when friend x sees a pinball machines in their:
-Friend of a Friends
They say to themselves:
"Hey, that Jared dude is always posting about pinball machines on facebook, I think I will message him about this thing". Message comes in... deal is made.. presto... pinball machines.
I have had extremely good luck with this. Exposure is key. There are more pinball machines out there than any of us would think... sitting... waiting...