Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dewey68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I picked up a Rollergames this week. Cleaned it up and put new rubber on, leveled, etc. Slope is at 6.5 degrees. I don't have experience with this game, so those that do hopefully can answer this question. At 6.5 degrees of slope, should the upper flipper be able to make the wall shot every time it's held by the magnet? I'm probably successful 40% of the time when held, but can hit it many times when it's not held and just "passing through". Wondering if I need to look over the flipper or this is normal.

#2 7 years ago

IMO it's not a guaranteed shot under any circumstances, although if you get the timing just right it should be pretty predictable when the magnet holds the ball.

#3 7 years ago

I've always been curious about that too. The only one I've ever played the magnet never helped at all.

#4 7 years ago

With the magnet activated that should be a 100% shot all the time. The problem I had with mine at one time was the magnet post had a groove worn into it. I took it out and smoothed off the groove. Readjusted to the proper height and I was making that shot once again everytime. Rebuilding the upper flipper might be needed too as that flipper coil strength isnt' the strongest since it is such a close shot. Just throwin ideas out there.

#5 7 years ago

When I had my RG the left ramp was also 100% with the magnet energized.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

I took it out and smoothed off the groove. Readjusted to the proper height and I was making that shot once again everytime.</blockqu

The problem I had with mine at one time was the magnet post had a groove worn into it. I took it out and smoothed off the groove. Readjusted to the proper height and I was making that shot once again everytime.

There is a little wear around the magnet so maybe it's sitting too low. The flipper seems to have decent power as I can make the wall shot if timed right going through the loop.

Thanks for the pointers guys, I figured it should be almost a sure thing when held by the magnet.

#7 7 years ago

If i remember right that magnet post is threaded. Just adjust the height a tiny bit for starters to see if that helps.

#8 7 years ago

The magnet shot should make the wall every time.

#9 7 years ago

Looking at the base of the ramp both holes where the screws hold it down are broken, so I'm thinking that is the problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Sebring, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside