(Topic ID: 15970)

Picked up a real nice JP at allentown this year.

By dannunz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have always liked the game but every time I found one to play on location it was beat up. This one is a very nice example. Still in the van but will post some pictures when I get it set up. Wondering what tweaks can be made to this game to get it dialed in. thanks

#2 11 years ago

Nice find.

Enjoy your new game.

#3 11 years ago

Nice. Did you get it yesterday? I didn't see any JP's and not too many games with decent prices. Well at least no projects I wanted for a decent price. 1400 project system 11's where not what I was hoping for.

#4 11 years ago

Yes at the end of the day around 6. $1700 with topper and cliffys installed. Game looks like it wasnt played much and still has origonal manual and extra parts. Also still has the large piece of out cardbord covering the bottom cabinet inside. Never seen one with this still there.

#5 11 years ago

Good score that was a pretty nice machine. Yeah that beater Getaway II for $1400 was just way overpriced, especially since there was a nice one that sold for $1500.

#6 11 years ago

Fun game. As for setting it up, make sure the plunge launches into the pops reliably.

The eject from the Bunker should hit the left flipper and be able to be stopped most of the time. It shouldn't trigger the left sling.

Make sure the diverter is not bound up or dragging on the ramp. The coil that moves it is pretty weak and if anything is gunked up it often doesn't work.

The T-Rex has its own set of problems: making sure the switches are set correctly, the wire for the coil that closes the mouth breaking, the link that moves the jaw breaks.

Make sure the game ROMs are updated to version 5.13 as this has a revision that helps keep the left right motor for the T-Rex from stripping the gears.

That's all I can think of now. Have fun!

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on the JP. I'm looking for one too.

#8 11 years ago

JP was my 1st pin that I bought back in 09 and I still have it. I sometimes think of selling it because I don't play it as much as I use to, but sad to say it is still my newest pin, year-wise. So I keep it right here in the game room. Once every month or so I'll fire it up and see if I can make it to System Failure.. That never gets old!

Enjoy your New game

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Fun game. As for setting it up, make sure the plunge launches into the pops reliably.
The eject from the Bunker should hit the left flipper and be able to be stopped most of the time. It shouldn't trigger the left sling.

Mine sometimes triggers the left sling. Something need to be adjusted or recalibrated?

#10 11 years ago

Congrats! JP is an awesome pin

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

stangbat said:Fun game. As for setting it up, make sure the plunge launches into the pops reliably.

Mine sometimes triggers the left sling. Something need to be adjusted or recalibrated?

I was wrong - played all day today and it never happened once (: !

#12 11 years ago

nice score on the JP dannunz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-real-nice-jp-at-allentown-this-year and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.