Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punk! 3.jpg
punk! 2.jpg
punk! 1.jpg
punk!.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Son of an itch, this game is stupid hard to find. Has nos backglass, playfield needs some easy touchup, complete though! Cabinet needs some love, some splitting, and headbox is in pieces but all there. Couldnt be happier to land this though, so a big thanks to my pal Kevin.
l will post some pictures and more info later.

punk! 3.jpgpunk! 3.jpgpunk! 2.jpgpunk! 2.jpgpunk! 1.jpgpunk! 1.jpgpunk!.jpgpunk!.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Congrats! Looking forward to pics.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Son of an itch, this game is stupid hard to find. Has nos backglass, pkayfield needs some easy touchup, complete though! Cabinet needs some love, some splitting, and headbox is in pieces but all there. Couldnt be happier to land this though, so a big thanks to my pal Kevin.
l will post some pictures and more info later.

Congrats James...

Let me know when you're selling!

#4 9 years ago

That is one you don't ever see at the shows

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That is one you don't ever see at the shows

Ive never seen one anywhere! Makes you wonder, where could they have all gone??

#6 9 years ago

Ive never seen one anywhere! Makes you wonder, where could they have all gone??

Europe my man, Europe....

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Europe my man, Europe....

sooo l hear...if they have too many over there, maybe we can build a raft and...

#8 9 years ago

I told Rob the same thing....

We are going to get a container and cleanse France out of all their System 80 gems!

#9 9 years ago

CONGRATS!!!!!!
Looking forward to pics.

I would be in for a midwest container of some less popular gems. If anyone ever wants to seriously do this, keep me in mind.

#10 9 years ago

Btw James: Where was your buddy Kevin hiding this whole time?

#11 9 years ago

Congrats man, looking forward to the pics!

#12 9 years ago

Need youtube video, big punkmusic fan here, but never played this title yet...

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Btw James: Where was your buddy Kevin hiding this whole time?

That's a good secret for now

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Promise this is in the works. It needs Youtube justice.

#14 9 years ago

Way to go James! I know you and a few others have been looking for this title for some time now. Like Spirit, they just don't show up for sale much anymore. When I finally get my game room floor done, I'll be getting around to swapping playfields in my Punk. I'd like to bring it to the next PAGG show in 2015, perhaps I should start looking to contact all the Punk owners near me and have a Punk assembly line reunion at the show. It could be fun to do it again and see how many are actually out there. We'll see if time permits.

Steve

#15 9 years ago

I had a Punk! back in the mid-80's...never made it into my house because it smelled so heavily of smoke. Other than that, it was an incredibly clean game-playfield and reliability-wise. It was probably placed on location in a bar where no one played it. It got much much play in my poolhouse where I kept it. I picked up a companion Rock! a few months later from the same operator. IIRC, I think I paid 100.00 ea. for them, working 100% which is rare for this generation Gottlieb. For what it's worth, though, I liked Rock better. It had more going on on the playfield. Punk is still a keeper, though. Good score!

#16 9 years ago

Pictures added.

So some details. I plan (have to!) have the playfield touched up and cleared. Just too rare not to do this for it. Backglass is NOS. Always makes me nervous to handle something like this because if you bust it, it's game over.

Cabinet needs some serious love due to its back story. Let's just say it was in an auto accident about ten years ago. I'm on it though!

#17 9 years ago

Looks nice! Consider me jealous!

A cheap plug... I am still looking for a punk if anybody had any leads
Shoot me a pm...

Thanks,Chris

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You'd be disappointed - game should really have been called "New Romantic" going by the artwork

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

You'd be disappointed - game should really have been called "New Romantic" going by the artwork

Ya it doesn't look like much of a player, kinda ugly too, but I'd still love to see it flip

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from woz:

haha, different strokes, different folks guys. I think if you're slamming on the art work, you really don't get the time this was built, and how much this game really personifies the early 1980's. It's a true time machine back to 1982.

As far as the gameplay goes, if you're a fan of System 80 pins you'd feel right at home. 3 ball multiball, and the sounds/music beats are fantastic imho.

#21 9 years ago

haha, different strokes, different folks guys. I think if you're slamming on the art work, you really don't get the time this was built, and how much this game really personifies the early 1980's. It's a true Time Machine back to 1982.
As far as the gameplay goes, if you're a fan of System 80 pins you'd feel right at home. 3 ball multiball, and the sounds/music beats are fantastic imho.

Too add on what James said, if you're a fan of drop targets you'll love this game!

I should add I love the artwork for this pin. Kinda reminds me of the Nagel style of artwork
You would see at the barbershops in the '80s.

#22 9 years ago

Artwork reminds me of that animated movie from the early 80's called American Pop. Haven't seen it in decades.

#23 9 years ago

so does this game play "take on me" when you start it up?

#24 9 years ago

Got the backbox together yesterday, it was in 5 pieces!! it came out looking great
did some love to the cabinet today, maybe i'll fire it up tomorrow and see what it's doing.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so does this game play "take on me" when you start it up?

That would be cool.

I have not heard one in more than a decade, but I remember it having a spooky synth track, not a **punk rock** or even **new wave** soundtrack.

#26 9 years ago

Bumping up!

#27 9 years ago

I actually got this all up and running yesterday. To my surprise, all playfield parts and switches work!

Sound does not work, so I ordered a refurbed board.
I ended up losing the displays/+5 volts on the power supply, so I ordered a new power supply and sound board power supply. It seemed like a lose connection and bad solder at the pins, reflowed and all seemed okay, but then it crapped out again.

Coming along though. It really does feel like a special/rare piece to have, it's just something I've never seen anywhere before. If I found another, I would buy it based on the above alone.

#28 9 years ago

oh, and by the way...in case anyone is wondering why or how this game was in this conditon, and a NOS backglass....

It was owned by a very well known pinball collector. It was delivered by NAVL, probably ten years ago or so to said collector. The truck was in an accident, and the driver was killed. The Punk! was rescued and an NOS backglass was somehow found (again, guy is very well known and has mad connections).
When I got this, the backbox was in 5 pieces! I took some time last weekend, wood glue and clamps and it came out sturdy and great. Repeated this process for the cabinet, now they're solid again without any shake. I still need to do some cosmetic to the front leg area. My plan is to get the playfield done up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-gottlieb-punk-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.