5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-199.jpg
    image-857.jpg
    image-642.jpg
    image-752.jpg
    image-375.jpg
    image-372.jpg
    image-483.jpg
    image-172.jpg
    image-291.jpg
    image-231.jpg
    image-560.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

First was Saturday and couldn't be more pleased. 1963 Williams Major League P&B. Seller was great and and may post or look on here, so thanks again Mike, great meeting you!

Here are a couple of shots. Going to need some cab repair and a repaint which that will be my first time doing, but looks like an easy graphics pattern so that should help. Backglass is really nice and all mechanicals are there. This should clean up and play nice in the end. Real excited and raring to go on this one.

image-291.jpg
    image-231.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-172.jpg
    image-483.jpg
    image-560.jpg

Second pickup was on Sunday. I spot a pinball for sale for $100 in VA so naturally click on it. One picture from a far which was pretty grainy at best, but description reads Sing Along. I shoot the guy a email with "I'll take it and can pickup today" which was around 4:00 pm. The guy emailed me right back, so a few emails and phone call later I was on the road and home around 6:30 with the game. I think the backglass is pretty nice with just a few spots of paint loss. Game is complete and un hacked from what I can see looking thru it. The cabinet has normal wear along with some kind of packing tape glue but should come off with a good careful cleaning. Now the playfield, that's another story. A lot of wear down below and of course around the kick out holes along with some planking. An ugly dog of a playfield for sure, but this being my first 60's 2 inch flipper refurb and never really playing any, it should give me a good comparison to the 3 inch 70's pins I like and play.

Should be a fun winter with a lot to do.

image-375.jpg
    image-372.jpg
    image-199.jpg
    image-857.jpg
    image-642.jpg
    image-752.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Very nice, don't paint the cabinets unless you really have to though as they should look a bit tattered IMO.

#3 5 years ago

Based on your purchase price, and condition of that playfield, a perfect candidate for a Wade Krause Sing Along Repro Playfield!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Based on your purchase price, and condition of that playfield, a perfect candidate for a Wade Krauss Sing Along Repro Playfield!

I agree. Great game. Congrats on both EM's as well!

Ken

#5 5 years ago

Believe me, with my artistic inability, keeping the paint on the P&B cabinet would be my first option but I really think it needs it. One of those looks ok until the lights come on sort of thing

I saw the thread for those Sing Along PF's and had me thinking for sure. Any idea if he has any left and what price range they run?

#6 5 years ago

I believe his playfields run around $600. You will need to contact him directly to find out if he has any left. Here is his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WadeKrausePinballArtist

#7 5 years ago

Love the pitch and bat, nice score!

r

#8 5 years ago

good score on the P&B from mike, he has a nice collection doesn't he?
    you must of beat me to the sing along buy minutes...... I could not pass up a 100 treasure but I am glad a pinsider got not a flipper. wade should still have a few playfields remaining drop him an email well worth the investment.
    if you don't want to drop 600 on a repro my sing a long will be swapped out soon and my pf is in pretty nice shape so I would let you have it for a few bucks

#9 5 years ago

Great find.

I probably emailed after Boiler. I have a friend that was going to run and pick it up for me sight unseen.

Probably a good thing.

Haven't finished my Big Shot yet and the Supreme Commander would have strangled me.

#10 5 years ago

Nice scores on both - good luck with the re-furbs.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks guys and thanks for the link and info CactusJack

Boilerman, as soon as I got there the guy said he got a message from someone in PA, and as god is my witness, I thought of you. Also thanks for the offer on your playfield and shoot me a PM after you swap it out. And yes, it's a very nice collection Mike has.

#12 5 years ago

Certainly a nice grab for the price on Sing Along. I just got mine in March but I absolutely love it. I've had a bunch of great 3" (Jacks Open, Royal Flush, Abra Ca Dabra, JITB) and 2" (KOD, Heat Wave, Teachers Pet) games and I think I like Sing Along more than any of them. Has an unbelievable 'one more game' appeal. Plus the best IMHO back glass art of all time.

Baseball game looks great as well. Would love one of those but don't know if my boss will let me get another game just now (still working on it).

#13 5 years ago

Clean 'em up, make 'em work and enjoy them. Not every game has to be made perfect and needs to be totally restored. Nothing wrong with leaving them a little rustic and battle-worn as long as they play good and you're happy with them. Don't automatically feel the need to pop in a new playfield, etc, etc. It's all up to you, of course.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Clean 'em up, make 'em work and enjoy them. Not every game has to be made perfect and needs to be totally restored. Nothing wrong with leaving them a little rustic and battle-worn as long as they play good and you're happy with them. Don't automatically feel the need to pop in a new playfield, etc, etc. It's all up to you, of course.

+1, I for one feel a nice clearcoat over a slightly worn playfield looks great & stops it from getting worse. Way better than crappy touchup jobs.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from tuffano:

Second pickup was on Sunday. I spot a pinball for sale for $100 in VA so naturally click on it. One picture from a far which was pretty grainy at best, but description reads Sing Along. I shoot the guy a email with "I'll take it and can pickup today" which was around 4:00 pm. The guy emailed me right back, so a few emails and phone call later I was on the road and home around 6:30 with the game.

Great score for $100. Good thing the guy's wife didn't sell the game while you were driving down there to get it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 18.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 135.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 5.00
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside