Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Need to make one repair on the driver board, but looks good.
Looks like I need to do some research on it, I don't know much about it because it's always been in a way off galaxy (to me) in the pin world. First one I actually played was the one at Allentown- good stuff, CNYpinguy was cool to talk to about it as well.

Time to look around for info

#2 10 years ago

great game I recently added one as well. Congrats, the new new CCC software is something to look into down the road.

#3 10 years ago

Nice pickup!

#4 10 years ago

CC is a great pin. I haven't played it in some years, but I remember it being a lot of fun.

Congrats!

#5 10 years ago

annnnnd now you sold it to me!

Great pickup!

#6 10 years ago

James

any questions shoot me a line

i see the trade went smooth LOL

James

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

the new new CCC software is something to look into down the road.

actually after playing the new software, there is absolutely no reason to even own CC unless you are going to turn it into CCC.

#8 10 years ago

The seller wasn't in Idaho I hope!

Congrats!

Dan

#9 10 years ago

Congratulations! Go ahead and and do the CCC conversion and enjoy your new game!

#10 10 years ago

Threads like this are still very surreal for me.

Congrats on your new CC!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Threads like this are still very surreal for me.
Congrats on your new CC!

Drunk multiball is just plain fun!! Awesom job E!

#12 10 years ago

thanks, yeah, it is surreal. Honestly not sure what i'm doing with it yet, but l do want to jam out on it to get a good feel for it to see if l like it.
lt could be fs or trade at some point. lt really depends on some decisions l need to make with other pins.

#13 10 years ago

Great game. Miss it.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Need to make one repair on the driver board, but looks good.
Looks like I need to do some research on it, I don't know much about it because it's always been in a way off galaxy (to me) in the pin world. First one I actually played was the one at Allentown- good stuff, CNYpinguy was cool to talk to about it as well.

Time to look around for info

This is a Rare Thread to see due to the High $$ CC is Bring-n these day's .. In the video below , the owner wants $ 15K .. Not me .. i want a New Truck

#15 10 years ago

Congrats on your CC purchase!!

#16 10 years ago

Played it for the first time at pinburgh. Fun game. Congrats!

#17 10 years ago

fun game would buy one if one fell into my lap for a fair price

#18 10 years ago

congrats on the new addition, fun game

#19 10 years ago

Congrats. It is on my grail-pin list. I want a CC before I get a MM. Way to go-let me know if you ever decide to sell.

#20 10 years ago

I've played the pinball arcade one a few dozen times and I just don't see the appeal that justifies this titles high price. Great sound and a fabulous looking machine though. I actually have a side art decal mounted in my game room.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I've played the pinball arcade one a few dozen times and I just don't see the appeal that justifies this titles high price. Great sound and a fabulous looking machine though. I actually have a side art decal mounted in my game room.

It isn't a very good game. I had one set up in my gameroom for 6 months and didn't play it for the last 4 months of it being up there! Cactus Canyon Continued, however, makes it a GREAT game! I can't get enough of it now! After PAGG, it's leaving my collection, and I'll miss it! Eric didn't miss a beat with the upgrade. Switching to "Continued" is a no-brainer!

Congrats on your purchase!

#22 10 years ago

wow nice pick up!

#23 10 years ago

Got her going- bad 6a 50v diode on the driver replaced.

So far (one game in) so fun. I'll report back later

#24 10 years ago

Is there any one place that shows how to upgrade to CCC. Especially where to get the upgraded software?

#26 10 years ago

While I don't know of anywhere that "shows" it - here's what's involved:

1. Get a P-ROC from multimorphic ($330)
2. Setup a computer to run it (or contact me, if you want a pre-built ready to run thing)
3. Install the P-ROC board in place of the CPU board
4. Plug in the computer
5. Do something about audio*

Step five gets complicated. You can either hack the existing audio board to have a line-in so that you can run the audio through the included speakers, or you can just use PC speakers. With a P-ROC setup the sound comes from the computer, not the pin, so it has to be dealt with.

Lots more details and info on the wiki (including how to do the audio mod): http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc

#27 10 years ago

6. Mount an LCD for the color display...

That's the part I'm waiting to get nailed down so I can start the conversion on mine!

#28 10 years ago

l honestly don't know, so just asking
where is the issue with adding the extra features to the existing code via the eprom? ls this something someone has tried or it's just not possible? Curious

#29 10 years ago

where is the issue with adding the extra features to the existing code via the eprom? ls this something someone has tried or it's just not possible? Curious

Not easily possible, if at all. CCC was a ground-up recode from the beginning. Even the existing games rules were rewritten from scratch.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Is there any one place that shows how to upgrade to CCC. Especially where to get the upgraded software?

Yes - really quite simple actually...

Everything you need is here (other than the PROC) -> http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=Main_Page

You can pick up a PROC here -> http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/

You'll also need a computer to run it on (your regular PC is fine if it is close enough to the pinball machine) and I'd recommend a set of speakers with a sub as the PROC doesn't do anything with sound and the audio board in your game won't output CCC sound unless you do a mod to it. I picked up some Logitech speakers with a small sub at Best Buy for $25 and attached them to the side rails right in front of the original speakers with that 3M easy remove velcro stuff. That way I can easily pull them off if I need to get into the backbox.

If you like CC, you'll love CCC - it takes the original game content and adds a ton of really fun new stuff.

If you want to pick up a computer that will fit inside your machine, Eric and/or Lanny sell them pre-configured and ready to go. You can also pick up a used Dell Studio Hybrid for <$100 which will also run the game great - that is what I'm using.

Enjoy!!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

You can also pick up a used Dell Studio Hybrid for <$100 which will also run the game great - that is what I'm using.
Enjoy!!

Where did you find those? Ebay?

I love the small form factor and that sounds like a perfect solution. Are you running XP/Win7?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

While I don't know of anywhere that "shows" it - here's what's involved:
1. Get a P-ROC from multimorphic ($330)
2. Setup a computer to run it (or contact me, if you want a pre-built ready to run thing)
3. Install the P-ROC board in place of the CPU board
4. Plug in the computer
5. Do something about audio*
Step five gets complicated. You can either hack the existing audio board to have a line-in so that you can run the audio through the included speakers, or you can just use PC speakers. With a P-ROC setup the sound comes from the computer, not the pin, so it has to be dealt with.
Lots more details and info on the wiki (including how to do the audio mod): http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc

The link Eric provided should have all the info.

The P-ROC is easy to install, and the pre-built from Eric is the way to go. It's easy for me to say step five isn't that complicated because I had someone else do it, but if you have board soldering skills or know someone who does, it takes about 10 minutes to set up the audio through the included speakers.

#33 10 years ago

You can hack the original roms to tweak things like Chad did with DE Star Wars - but that's way above my skill set, and limited on what you can do.

Another option would have been to use "FreeWPC" which does allow for compiling into roms to stick into the machine - but you can't use any new audio that way, and who knows if all the junk I added would even fit.

Bottom line is, I went with pyprocgame because it allowed a lot more flexibility and a language to code in that I was more familiar with.

#34 10 years ago

wow, very very addicting. I love the combo shots, and the train mode is fun stuff. There are some cool multiball modes, and knocking that head for a loop is a blast! So far I'm really digging the shot layout/flow

Only thing is, the mine motor is not working. I see the train motor is availabe at several places but not the mine- are they the same motor? They look the same.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Where did you find those? Ebay?
I love the small form factor and that sounds like a perfect solution. Are you running XP/Win7?

Yeah, search on Google/Ebay for them. I dropped Win 7 on it - working great.

#36 10 years ago

Doesn't look like this one has the CCC upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-cactus-canyon-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.