Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JBK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2014-04-22.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Cab has seen better days, pretty sure some water was involved in its lifetime. PF is better than most I've seen in this era and the BG seems pretty clean. Pop bumper lights are out, but overall great deal and it plays great.

2014-04-22.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Good glad you scored a pin . This is a link to a thread that may help you clean this machine. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/krud-kutter-and-magic-eraser-did-the-trick-on-this-em-cab

#3 5 years ago

Nice grab. I have a Gulfstream that resides in my buddies man-cave (an old 1-bay auto garage that he uses for his '66 Impala). It's a fun game, very fast and a good combination of replay + add-a-ball elements. I particularly like the ability to win multiple games for getting the 'four corners". That is operator adjustable - check it out. I do think it is a 1973 game.

#4 5 years ago

Sweet Pickup! Playfield looks to be in great shape.
Love me some Gulfstream!

Quoted from jonogo:

Pop bumper lights are out

Note that the lights in the pops do not light until one of the upper standup targets is hit to light them.

#5 5 years ago

Congrats on your 1973 Williams Gulfstream and it should be a keeper pin for you as it is for me. Lots of ways to play and win games and add-a-balls. A very fun, fast, and underrated game IMO. Love the artwork, theme, and colors as well.

Here is a restoration thread I did on mine and hopefully it will help you in some way to fully restore yours.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-williams-gulfstream-restoration-project-done

Enjoy!

Ken

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Note that the lights in the pops do not light until one of the upper standup targets is hit to light them.

Thanks! I pulled the glass and triggered those standups, then verified the points went from 10pt to 100pt on the pops, so the switches work, however the lights do not come on when they should. I've swapped bulbs, but have not done any further investigation.

Thanks Ken! I got it for my dad, I heard him and my son playing it early this morning, so I think they like it!

Quoted from heatwave:

I do think it is a 1973 game.

I noticed my mistake right after you posted that! The PF says Williams 1972 on it, but the game is a 73 per ipdb and here.

The writing is all worn off inside the head for adjustments, so I'm playing with it a bit. I've identified the pin for 3ball and 5ball and believe I found the pin bank for add-a-ball, replay, and score adjustments.

So far the games a player! I have some work to do on the cab, looks like it is splitting at one corner, causing the leg bolts to not sit securely. and give it a good tear down shop job.

#7 5 years ago

Gulfstream was the first pin I purchased. I had it for many years and sadly sold it to a friend. It has since been sold and went out of state. I'm always looking for another gulfstream it's a great pin. If I get another, I won't let it go again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside