Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by QuarterGrabber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Only have enough money to buy one. If you had to pick , Gateway High Speed 2 or Judge Dredd.
if both were in the same condition. Tell me why!

#2 4 years ago

Edit. Just read your line up.
JD is deep not fun IMO slow clunky and did I say slow. The rules are great but the play killed it for me. If you go that route jack it up to a 7 pitch and wax it well.

HS2 owned it a few weeks and sold it...fun fast shallow. You have that in FT already to me very similar= simple rule sheet and and speed.

Bride...that is on your wish list and in the same price range...I say fulfill your dreams...played her last weekend- fun and will fit your collection well.

#3 4 years ago

You gotta play both and figure it out... two totally different games.

#4 4 years ago

play both .. walk away ..wait a few days .. buy the one you want to go back and play again

#5 4 years ago

Owned both for a long time. Still have Dredd. Sold friend my HS2.
There you go!
D

#6 4 years ago

I'd vote JD as well...your current collection has simpler rule sets & HS2 is pretty simple as well...JD has a ton going...lost of modes, 2 multiballs, 4 flippers...great playfield & backglass art...JD all the way!

#7 4 years ago

Ive owned both...Getaway HS2 all day long and twice on Sunday...actually picked up another HS2 because I missed it, yet have no desire to get another JD. However I like ZZ Top, fast cars, and Steve Ritchie games for speed and flow so Im probably bias. Best bet is to get some time on both and go for the one that keeps you hitting the start button.

#8 4 years ago

Would go with JD. Set up right it is a ton of fun and I have not got bored yet. Getaway just doesn't have the staying power and while fun, I would not seeing it be played as much as Dredd.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishmugger:

Only have enough money to buy one. If you had to pick , Gateway High Speed 2 or Judge Dredd.
if both were in the same condition. Tell me why!

JD. There is so much more to do and that is especially important in a home environment. I love a deep, challenging game. 4 flippers with orbits, ramps and shots everywhere and even multiple game varieties with the super game. Getaway is fun, but there isn't much to it and would get repetitive quickly for me.

#10 4 years ago

Getaway by a mile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Boards
PinSound
$ 16.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Sale Pending!
Phoenixville, PA
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside