Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by WGPE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

The age old question, trying to choose between these 4

Deadpool
    Guardians
    Star Wars
    Iron Maiden

Thanks for the advice

#2 3 years ago

That's tough. Depends obviously on what you like and the other games you have. If you don't have any keith elwin games and you don't mind the music, I would say iron maiden. If you don't like the music and have one of his other games, I would say guardians assuming you don't have to many fan layouts

#3 3 years ago

I've owned SW & IMDN & SW is still here.

#4 3 years ago

I own both ron Maiden and Deadpool Pro's. Had a Guardians for a short time and would definitely rank that and Star Wars below those to by a good margin. Iron Maiden is the better game in my opinion but Deadpool is also a lot of fun and Pro's on both of these models are really good. Iron Maiden is a good bit harder than Deadpool ball times wise but seems to call you back for just one more game more then Deadpool does. For me if I was picking between those two it would come down to theme as both are really well done, play fantastic, and code and gameplaywise are extremely well integrated. Most likely you'll end up with both at some point as well!

#5 3 years ago

Star Wars comic if you like hard games.

#6 3 years ago

Not Guardians. While I do like the game, I much prefer the other 3 over it.

#7 3 years ago

I purchased on Iron Maiden because the machine I wanted was unavailable. I was not familiar with their music. At first I didn't liek the music but enjoyed the game. I had one song that I kind didn't mind. 10 months later, now I like the music. The game is fun, the call outs are great. At first I expected to tollerate the music and sell the machine when I got my GNR. Now I have both and intend to keep the Maiden.

#8 3 years ago

Iron maiden if you like their music. If you don't get Deadpool....

#9 3 years ago

For me Iron Maiden would be #1. I try to put a bunch of games on a machine before I buy. Iron Maiden Pro, I like the art, music & game design. Always good to play before you buy if you can. I also look at the threads for each game before I buy to see any plus or minus items on the game. I put a lesser value on what I read in the threads as sometimes people exaggerate the good or the bad. But when I play the game I look at things from the thread (pooling, chipping). At the end of day you're the one that needs to enjoy the game the most (bonus if family and friends like it also).

#10 3 years ago

Deadpool
    I still enjoy the shots on DP more than the others

#11 3 years ago

Really depends on the audience. I own everything on your list except Star Wars (and my Maiden is a prem). If I had to pick one it would be Deadpool.

#12 3 years ago

I had a choice between Deadpool and Maiden. Went with DP based on theme preference. Very happy with my decision.

#13 3 years ago

Deadpool, unless you you really like IM music. Personally I think the rules and layout on Deadpool are better, but that’s personal preference.

#14 3 years ago

Owned SW and IMDN and IMDN is still here. That said SW was a great game but if I own it again it will be the premium. IMDN pro is a keeper for me.

#15 3 years ago

Deadpool

#16 3 years ago

Deadpool or Iron Maiden. They are both great pro machines.

#17 3 years ago

I'll echo others and say Deadpool then Maiden. Deadpool just has crazy energy to it - weirdly goofy and hilarious. Modes can run deep enough while still being accessible for newer players, but if you're a stud you might blow it up pretty quickly. Shots are relatively unique to recent Sterns (I know the cross-playfield shot is similar to original Avengers).

Maiden can really yield some long, flowy ball times, but can also kick you in the teeth. I found it a little less accessible for my current skill level, in that I hit a certain wall where I couldn't get a ton further without getting frustrated. That said, the composition of the modes really required me to work on specific skills that I feel have made me better on other machines now.

I rented both for a month and was thinking of buying both. Bought Deadpool and then didn't feel like I needed Maiden anymore, but they do complement each other well.

#18 3 years ago

i'd call it 50/50 between star wars and dp. i'd go with the theme you like better. i think sw pro is under rated. you don't get the hyperloop and a lose a few bells and whistles. but you get a difficult pin that plays pretty well.

#19 3 years ago

Deadpool

#20 3 years ago

Deadpool. This thread needs a poll!

#21 3 years ago

If you are an average to below average player, I’d pick Deadpool. If you are an above average player, pick Maiden. There is more to do at the beginning of Deadpool than at the beginning of Maiden, and more to do at the end of Maiden than in the end of Deadpool. I would skip guardians. Star Wars is a controversial choice but if you are a fan I think it is a solid choice with tons to do. My recommendation would be Deadpool personally.

#22 3 years ago

I’d pick SW pro but it’s a close choice for me of SW, Maiden and DP. I’d pass on GOTG as I’ve already got Iron Man and Met pro that’s too close to GOTG layout.

#23 3 years ago

Dp then sw then nothing...dont really enjoy iron maidn nor gotg.

#24 3 years ago

The front runners are clearly IMDN and DP. Both great Pros, and OP should decide based from those based on preference if he were to listen to all the advice. But I think we can all agree on something...

Quoted from Deyanks98:

Had a Guardians for a short time and would definitely rank that and Star Wars below those to by a good margin.

Quoted from ectobar:

Not Guardians.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I would skip guardians.

Quoted from rai:

I’d pass on GOTG

#25 3 years ago

Im going to say GOTG. I’ve owned all and Guardians has challenging shots, non repetitive modes, excellent scoring strategies, killer/attainable mini wizard mode (Cherry Bomb) and an amazing soundtrack with Cleland mod. I consider it more of a music pin...
    All the titles you mentioned are awesome and you can’t go wrong with any of them, but don’t sleep in GOTG.

#26 3 years ago

GOTG is great with Cleland. Never liked Iron Maidens music. Deadpool.. wife doesn't like it but loves the theme. I guess no love for JP? I'd say don't sleep on Stranger Things either. The newest code and cleland overwrite will continue to elevate it. Saw bullshit mode for the first time and we couldn't stop laughing. And no TMNT? 2v2, co-op, multiball modes. Code keeps getting better too. Great thing is that Stern has been putting out some great pros. Keep em coming!

#27 3 years ago

I really enjoy GOTG. Not even a fan of the movie, its just a good pin. That said, I would take DP or GOTG. Really, you cant go wrong with any of them.

#28 3 years ago

Deadpool is my favorite layout of the four, with Maiden a close 2nd.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from ilovegames:

Iron maiden if you like their music. If you don't get Deadpool....

Quoted from RonSwanson:

I had a choice between Deadpool and Maiden. Went with DP based on theme preference. Very happy with my decision.

Quoted from riggy469:

Deadpool, unless you you really like IM music.

I concur with all of the above.

#30 3 years ago

For me it is DP slightly over IM and then SW over GOTG.

I agree with someone above stating more to do early on in DP and more at end with IM and DP being easier shooter than IM. Great comments. I love DP's humor, music and video game like feel. The shots feel smooth and are unique. It just puts a smile on my face and I love sarcastic humor. IM gives me a rush - no toys on PF but the adrenalin from the music fits pinball perfectly. I also like the uniqueness of the shots but it just feels like there is a bit more to do in DP. However IM is on my wish list and I will be getting one eventually.

SW was my 1st pin I bought from someone on Pinside. I liked the shots and the straight forward modes, however I do not like Star Trek the series or movies that much. So although it was fun for a while the lack of liking the theme overtook the nice shots.

Many have said it already - I am not into the superhero pins so any of them are a hard pass. The only one that had a chance was Stern Batman but did not like how it shot.

Like others on here said also don't fret too much over the decision, especially going pro. You can pick any of these up and have fun for a few months and sell and get one of the others on your list. I was a little nervous at first buying and then selling games, but it is actually a lot of fun and you get to meet a lot of great people on here. Good luck with your decision!

Cheers!

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

The age old question, trying to choose between these 4
    Deadpool
    Guardians
    Star Wars
    Iron Maiden
    Thanks for the advice

I'm guessing the pinside top 100 would be closely aligned with amongst the responses.
    If I'm picking, deadpool would be the choice. I'm sure many would pick IM though.

All are good games, but different. What type of games are you into?

#32 3 years ago

My vote would be Deadpool, then Star Wars.
    I enjoy my Guardians a lot, but understand that more experienced collectors don't dig it.
    I feel like Iron Maiden is difficult in an aggravating way, rather than a good challenging way. But that's just my opinion

#33 3 years ago

Iron Maiden.

#34 3 years ago

Jp.

#35 3 years ago

Iron Maiden for sure. Then followed by Deadpool, Guardians and Star Wars last. I love Star Wars and they decided to put nothing on the playfield.

#36 3 years ago

Owned 3 of them at one point. Star Wars for the win.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSwanson:

I read this in Ron Swanson voice. Although he would never buy a pinball machine

#38 3 years ago

I dont have Guardians but when I’ve played it, it feels like I’m playing Metallica.

#39 3 years ago

The best choice is Star Trek

#40 3 years ago

Maiden ALL DAY. Star wars and guardians aren't even in the same league as the other too. Deadpool's humor and that little dead pool started to really both me, although cool art and shooter.

Maiden is stern's best pro period. Yes the music sucks but that's what pinbrowser is for. Now its Metallica, Ozzy and Megadeath maiden!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Maiden ALL DAY. Star wars and guardians aren't even in the same league as the other too. Deadpool's humor and that little dead pool started to really both me, although cool art and shooter.
    Maiden is stern's best pro period.

There you have it folks. Shut this thread down.

1 for Deadpool

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pick-a-pro- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.