Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Zaxxis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why not have a policy that all games need to remain and be on, regardless if they are sold or not?

so if it breaks it needs to stay on an get more screwed? If someone buys a game the new owner has to agree that can't have it? That won't work, can't force the new owner to leave their game there.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I believe that's how it currently works. For every day that you have a machine there on free play (not for sale), you get free admission to the show. This includes the seminars but doesn't include the banquet.

I thought it was game room only, not the seminars. In that cane I didnt need to preregister for 320 total just to get back 150 for keeping games there.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

It seemed like it was less crowded this year, Not sure what was going on but last year it was close to impossible to wheel my Seawitch over to Gavin's area in the main hall. This year i pretty much could have done this at any time. If ticket sales are an indicator of success then i have to assume that expo made less this year.

-c

actually my wife heard the door guy talking to Mike about the numbers, and Mike didn't believe the number at first, made the guy restate it, it was way high.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

This was my 3rd Expo this year and my 2nd year bringing games. I didn't go last year. I am not sure I will be back next year. Bringing games to Expo compared to MGC is a lot more hassle. I was soaked trying to bring stuff in with the rain through the back dock area on Wednesday. If I wasn't trying to thin the herd this year I wouldn't have brought any games. I feel MGC is more rewarding for people who bring games and Dan has great people helping him organize the free play area. There was nobody to direct things at Expo Wednesday in the game area. I didn't find out until Thursday that I had the wrong wristband to go into game area to work on my games.
    I do like the free play area being open all night. I was up way to late Thursday and Friday.
    I enjoyed a lot of the seminars I went to at Expo this year.
    I left Expo on Saturday around 3pm. I looked at the Expo schedule months ago and said to myself that the Expo pretty much ends at 5pm with the Banquet start and decided not to stay another night.
    Expo Brawl tournament taking over the free play area for most of Friday is also annoying. I feel like there is nothing to do at Expo on Friday when a seminar is not interesting to me.

wait, did you just basically blame Expo for the rain on Wednesday?

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I think he is trying to say that where we had to bring games in this year was less than ideal...especially that it was raining. That NE dock location was a PITA to maneuver and get games into the building.
    The first year was easy. Through the south double doors, 60' to the free play area. Last year was the east dock door, then 60' to the free play area. This year the NE dock area, up the zig zag ramp, go inside while your game sits outside (while it's raining out) to the dock door to wait for it to open, bring it in, close the door and then proceed through 10 doors and 1,500' of back service corridors to the free play area. Great if you brought 1 game that weighed 100#, but what a PITA.
    I know that's not Mike's fault, the hotel workers were the ones telling us where to unload.
    Luckily when I loaded my games up to take them home, we went out the south double doors. Easy Peesy.

I had to drag games in from the NE dock this year and last, it is a PITA, but thats not Expo's call, thats the hotel (and stupid)

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

In the past, the free play area was closed while seminars were open on Friday, regardless of whether or not Expo Brawl was running. This is an Expo policy that has been in effect ever since I've been going, so I'd be surprised if they were to change it now.

in another post Mike just said the hall will be open during the banquet next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/piball-expo-2012-comments-and-suggestions?tu=calvin12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.