• HD DVD 23 votes
    6%
  • Blu-Ray 79 votes
    22%
  • 4k UHD 35 votes
    10%
  • Other 11 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 367 votes by 93 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220613_155429 (resized).jpg
20220609_104409 (resized).jpg
20220608_233357 (resized).jpg
20220608_160524 (resized).jpg
catinthebrain.jpg
20210710_232041 (resized).jpg
20210710_211529 (resized).jpg
20210707_170735.jpg
6195C73A-AED7-49E1-974E-8A610D53D444 (resized).jpeg
E6BBF164-E712-4418-807C-A8F637FC17AF (resized).jpeg
20210511_115846 (resized).jpg
bf1a13e099398793312e550c030aa62a7182a85b (resized).jpg
20210421_172635 (resized).jpg
20210421_172626 (resized).jpg
20210329_163243 (resized).jpg
20210327_073042 (resized).jpg
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Damn this movie kicks ass. John Woo style 80s military action. Heres the trailer for those who havent seen this.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Damn this movie kicks ass. John Woo style 80s military action. Heres the trailer for those who havent seen this.

Heroes Shed No Tears does look awesome. The Golden Harvest logo at the beginning of the trailer alone was enough to make want to run out and see it.

I have that Jodorowski box set you have. Glad I picked it up when I did! I hadn't seen those flicks since the VHS era. I love that twist ending to Holy Mountain and had forgotten all about it. Oh what a practical joker that Jodorowski is. hahah

#103 3 years ago

I went to visit a friend over the weekend who is also into horror movies. He had a copy of A Cat In The Brain on his shelf and let me borrow it. Great flick! It's different from what I'd usually expect from Fulci, but also possibly his most gory movie at the same time. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the absurd deaths. It may be the closest he came to capturing that Romero movie feel.

catinthebrain.jpgcatinthebrain.jpg
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The main downside of streaming for me is that you’re at the mercy of their contract and schedule. I have the Criterion service, and I always start browsing with the “Leaving This Month” section. I wanted to stream “Strange Days” on New Year’s Eve and it wasn’t available anywhere.
I always buy CDs for music. I like having a physical backup, and I like the way my Onkyo CD player sounds so I use it a lot. I have a wall full of CDs behind my office chair, and my young coworkers get a kick out of that on Zoom calls. I used to hide it, now I embrace it.

And Criterion is EXPENSIVE! The Kurosawa stuff is worth it for sure, but I was kind of hoping they had a deeper catalog. I always find stuff to watch, but I get what you mean. Another thing that drives me crazy is how many places have the same movies to stream.

10 months later
#105 2 years ago

As a tribute to Norm Macdonald, im watching the Frank Stallone film, Savage Harbor.

Edit: I have already watched it since I left this text sitting in this box whenever ago.

It was glorious.

20220608_160524 (resized).jpg20220608_160524 (resized).jpg
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I went to visit a friend over the weekend who is also into horror movies. He had a copy of A Cat In The Brain on his shelf and let me borrow it. Great flick! It's different from what I'd usually expect from Fulci, but also possibly his most gory movie at the same time. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the absurd deaths. It may be the closest he came to capturing that Romero movie feel.
[quoted image]

Cat in the Brain is AMAZING and one of the best endings of all time.

#107 2 years ago

Anyone buy The Northman 4K? Looking for the digital copy.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

As a tribute to Norm Macdonald, im watching the Frank Stallone film, Savage Harbor.

Edit: I have already watched it since I left this text sitting in this box whenever ago.

It was glorious.

It's never a Frank Stallone movie. It's a STALLONE movie... (frank) STALLONE. Will have to check that one out. This one is good for some laughs. There's a fight scene where (frank) STALLONE and bad guy take orderly turns punching eachother in the face with no blocking, dodging, or other movement. Also features the legendary Cameron Mitchell looking like he wandered onto the set by accident in between drinks, and he has some incredible dialogue, including where he starts cursing at a plane flying overhead during the shoot.

20220608_233357 (resized).jpg20220608_233357 (resized).jpg

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Cat in the Brain is AMAZING and one of the best endings of all time.

It was great. My friend was nice enough to let me keep the dvd copy, since he picked up the new blu ray while I was borrowing it. He also gave me a copy of Ken Russell's 'The Devils', which I had never seen before despite having copies of Altered States and Lair of the White Worm. It's definitely not a movie that you forget the next day.

20220609_104409 (resized).jpg20220609_104409 (resized).jpg
#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's never a Frank Stallone movie. It's a STALLONE movie... (frank) STALLONE. Will have to check that one out. This one is good for some laughs. There's a fight scene where (frank) STALLONE and bad guy take orderly turns punching eachother in the face with no blocking, dodging, or other movement. Also features the legendary Cameron Mitchell looking like he wandered onto the set by accident in between drinks, and he has some incredible dialogue, including where he starts cursing at a plane flying overhead during the shoot.
[quoted image]

I gotta see this!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:It was great. My friend was nice enough to let me keep the dvd copy, since he picked up the new blu ray while I was borrowing it. He also gave me a copy of Ken Russell's 'The Devils', which I had never seen before despite having copies of Altered States and Lair of the White Worm. It's definitely not a movie that you forget the next day.
[quoted image]

Adding to the que. I have only seen Altered States. Some really good performances in that one.

#112 2 years ago

With Frankenhooker available again from Synapse, I was finally able to complete my Frank Henenlotter collection.

20220613_155429 (resized).jpg20220613_155429 (resized).jpg

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Adding to the que. I have only seen Altered States. Some really good performances in that one.

The crazy visuals from Altered States carry over into his other movies too. Lair of the White Worm has a few funny parts, but The Devils is pretty damn dark.

1 year later
#115 10 months ago

Thanks for the link on this. As a steelbook collector, I found out about this and got super excited. Those steelbooks, especially the Mando ones, look awesome and I can't wait to order these for my collection.

Also, they're releasing Prey on Blu-ray as well. As soon as I heard about it, I kept hitting the Best Buy web site searching for the steelbook until I finally found it to pre-order. The steelbook looks great, but it's a little bit higher than what they usually are. Typical Disney, but I'm glad they finally got enough common sense together to start releasing these streaming shows and movies to the public. Maybe they finally started to wake up.

#116 10 months ago

I think the streaming revenues are down compared to covid. I'm glad to see more releases on 4K disc.

#118 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

I think the streaming revenues are down compared to covid. I'm glad to see more releases on 4K disc.

Basically what happened is 330 million Americans got stuck at home with $1600 of free money from "the government" and all registered for dirt cheap streaming services. Now 2 years later all those new dollars printed out of thin air came home to roost and prices of everything went up 40%, including those same streaming services. Now the Hollywood pedophiles are on strike so higher prices plus less content equals mass numbers of people cutting their subscriptions, as their gas/food/rent all went up the same amount.

#119 10 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

Basically what happened is 330 million Americans got stuck at home with $1600 of free money from "the government" and all registered for dirt cheap streaming services. Now 2 years later all those new dollars printed out of thin air came home to roost and prices of everything went up 40%, including those same streaming services. Now the Hollywood pedophiles are on strike so higher prices plus less content equals mass numbers of people cutting their subscriptions, as their gas/food/rent all went up the same amount.

I got a good chuckle out of this

#120 10 months ago

I know right, so predictable.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.