(Topic ID: 140730)

Photo of how cash box/coin tray is mounted?

By Trooper11040

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jadziedzic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0470.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

#1 5 years ago

Can anyone provide me a photo of the inside of a bally machine and show me how the cash box should be mounted? Mine has two post mounted inside the machine, and when I bought my TOM, it came with a plastic coin tray...every time i open the door, and then close it, the tray gets in the way...i just want to mount it properly and how it should be in an arcade setting...thanks much!

Dan

#2 5 years ago

Can you post some photos of yours?

It's also possible that it is the wrong coinbox for the game.

#3 5 years ago

Here is the inside of my game

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#4 5 years ago

anyone?

#5 5 years ago

lose that bracket on the bottom. thats for a euro style coin box (i assume your game is an import). US games should have a tab on that cross brace for the coin box top to fit over and then a bar that mounts under the coin door to keep the tray from moving sideways (not on all games).

-c

#6 5 years ago

Looks right to me. The sloped bottom of the box goes towards the coin door and the box just sits on the bottom of the cabinet. There is no 'mounting' involved. Not sure what's hitting your cash box but check the switches on the bottom of the coin door. Sometimes there are plastic shrouds around those switches that can cause clearance issues.

#7 5 years ago

that would make sense...the guy who i bought it from said the game was originally slated to go overseas, but never did. Hence why that bar is in there...i will remove it and just leave the coin tray inside...thanks much!

Dan

#8 5 years ago

I found the other bracket for sale on Marco...but issue is i don't have the holes there...so i wont be putting the correct one in..oh well..and i really don't want to drill any new holes into my cab

#9 5 years ago

The cash box nest bracket for domestic games mounts to the inside of the cabinet front using the lower coin door bolt (plus a couple of 1/2-inch long hex sheet metal screws); no additional holes are needed.

#10 5 years ago

Inside view of cabinet showing domestic cash box nest bracket installed; the bolt in the center is the lower coin door bolt, and the two screws on each end are the typical 1/2-inch long hex head screws used to secure things to the playfield:

IMG_0470.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside