Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asnatlas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

There are places that make glass in the US, can the process be sourced and done here in the US?

My guess would be cost... I would think you can get it done in the US but it would prob cost more. I called around for starphire glass quotes (I believe what phoog is selling). One place wanted $88, another wanted $140. Seems like a big difference in price for the same thing... When you start adding extra crap onto it, it adds up fast. I asked for a quote on a beveled edge and the $88 shot up to $176.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

One thing on coated products, is if you clean it alot, is if the coating starts to wear over time ( my eyeglass's usually last 2 years, but I clean them everyday ) it looks like total shit. PDI is chemically ETCHED into the glass with an acid base......

Hmm, So PDI and JJP glass will only last 2 years before it looks like total crap (with daily cleaning) ??

1 week later
    #28 11 years ago

alot is not a "word"... It should be a lot. You can add it if you wanted

1 year later
    #34 10 years ago

markmon, any updates on PDI vs Invisiglass ?? I know in your first post you said something about PDI having it embedded where Invisiglass is coated ??

2 months later
    #36 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Roman won't sell to anyone but Joey, They have a man bond. LOL so Roman said. We tried to buy direct from Roman to get the cost down, But he was more interested in sending my e-mails to Joey. Joey and I got into it, but I think things are better. We have a contact in Germany that we are working with to get the glass cost down. We gave Roman a chance, but slammed the door in our face so we will just have to see what happend's to his sales in the US after we start with the new company over seas. (Paper work, Paper work) LOL we are close to getting it all in order. We can drop the cost and get it in to every ones hands. FYI: Love you JACK! but PDI glass is better hands down. FYI: PDI is not the real name of the glass. We love pinball and want to bring more products to the table and keep cost down. Plus, we can bring it to shows and save people shipping cost. There is one flaw with the PDI glass scratches really easy. Also, it can be cleaned with 60% alcohol 40% water and your good to go. Yes, I buy things from Joey he is not my enemy.

Any updates ??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asnatlas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoogs-pinball-glass-vs-pdi-vs-invisiglass?tu=asnatlas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.