Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinwiztom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Your Phone Preference”

• Flip Phone 10 votes
      17%
    • iPhone (Apple) 28 votes
      47%
    • Galaxy (Samsung) 13 votes
      22%
    • Other Smart Phone 9 votes
      15%

(60 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2282 (resized).PNG
    ERWvoG2[1] (resized).jpg
    20170418_144356 (resized).jpg
    DSCN5378 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4070 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

I still have the old style phone, technically it's not a "flip" phone but it's basically the same. It doesn't even take photos. It's super cheap and costs me less than $200 a year.

Honestly, I don't really like phones and I've almost gotten to the point where its a personal goal to see how long I can hold out. I don't like talking on the phone, I don't like be bothered for work stuff when I'm not at work. People who are on them constantly get on my nerves, getting in my way in traffic, or at the store, etc. I go out to eat with my family and I'll see 4 people sitting at another table not talking to each other, all on their phones. These idiots never have anything important to talk about, they're just chatting away with another idiot who's got nothing better to do.

For me, it's just another way for people to ask me to do stuff that I usually don't want to do. Also, when I look back at the money I've saved by not having that monthly bill (well over 10 Gs), it makes it really hard for me to buy one. It's not that I can't afford one, it's just that I sort of despise the concept and I start seeing the phone as a symbol of other things I can spend the money on.

Then there's the fact that the telephone companies royally screwed consumers when they went from pay for what you use to these "plans". I just disagree with that concept, which is why I still use pay-as-you-go prepaid cards.

That being said, texting with those numbers is annoying as hell. LOL. That's probably the main reason I'll eventually buy one. There are also lots of times when smart phones come in handy, but like you said, usually somebody else has the phone to deal with it.

All in all, I just don't care that much about a phone. Everyone around me seems to be super-enthralled with them but I'd rather be doing something else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phone-preference-smart-or-flip?tu=Jam_Burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.