(Topic ID: 12413)

Phone Call from a Local Op

By BillinIndiana

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pier.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billinindiana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I was hoping to hook up with the only local operator in my area to maybe get a deal on some machines on route here in my town... He finally called me back and said he didn't really have anything that he thought I would be looking for.. Mostly he had pins in the $4500 + range that are machines collectors would like to have.. I knew the conversation was all but over right there..

I asked what are some of the titles of these $4500+ machines .. He said he'd have to look into , but he thinks he has a Scared Stiff, Adam's Family and a Simpson's Pinball Party.. Just to name a few..
    I know where all these machines are in town and have played them.. Definitely abused routed machines.
    So I asked about the TSSP.. told him something like that is what I'm looking for. I then told him the one on location here in town is in rough shape.. Oh he said , you consider that rough? I said yes, the GI's are out the upper PF doesn't work and the display is going out... He comes back with , oh I can get a Display for $150 I think.. I said yes, I know .. How much are you looking for on something like that.. He said he would have to check and see what they're are going for and I should check EBAY for the prices!
    I just kinda chuckled and said those prices are unrealistic... but Thanks... Click !!

Unbelievable... These machines are beat to death and he wants EBAY prices for them..!!

Just Fuming, Bill in Indiana

#13 12 years ago

Yea the guy kinda insulted me from the beginning also.. I had called and left an message on his voice mail that I was a Hobbyist and was looking for some machines that were coming off route and maybe needed fixed up some..
    I guess by saying that I automatically couldn't be a "Collector" as he said the $4500 machines are more of something a collector would want and he didn't have anything I would be looking for??.. Said all of those are all Mid 90's stuff when they were making good pinball machines.. I guess meaning needs fixed up = older EM's or smotheing... What A Douchebag the more I think about it...Ha

Bill in Indiana..

PS.. Not that there is anything wrong with EM's, I do have one of those and would own many more if the right ones come along... I love them all... Well maybe except for the one DMD game " Vacation America" I still remember hating that from my childhood..Ha!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billinindiana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phone-call-from-a-local-op?tu=billinindiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.