11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Stu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was able to visit Castles & Coasters in Phoenix last week while visiting relatives for Easter.

It's been awhile since I was able to visit an arcade. The games there were set for a liberal free game & match settings which was nice. Some of the flippers were very weak (TAF right flipper was shot, TSPP was weak). I was able to get a good feel for/play/see a bunch of games I have been reading about here. IM, SM and BDK were definitely my favorites and they were in better condition than most of the others.
    It's truly sad to see top titles with filthy playfields (IM) and machines generally put out there to be run to the ground. I got a TON of free play games from people who walked away not realizing they got a free game/match. There were also people who just walked away after the 1st ball..I guess that's arcade life..
    All & all I would go back here because of how many games I was able to play for cheap (and free) and the variety. But if it was stingier on matches & replay scores it might be a different story..

#2 11 years ago

Should have contacted me for a visit to the 69 Pin Emporium.....

Stu
    CPR Art Director

#3 11 years ago

Thx for the invite! Next time I'm in Phoenix I'll give you a shout. It was a whirlwind trip to visit my brother & I'm surprised I got to play any pinball at all. The only reason I even got to play was the amusement park that's attatched to it kept the kids busy

#4 11 years ago

Glad you had a good time. Too bad you weren't here a year or two ago when there were three times that many titles and the games were almost always working top-notch. Castles and Coasters also does a thing most Mon-Thursday nights where you can pay $10 and play for three hours.

The thread below has a pic of the old pin section.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-back-from-castles-n-coasters

#5 11 years ago

Wow...they look like they had some lineup, it's about half that now. I did see that 3hrs for $10 deal, great deal...

#6 11 years ago

Wow that lineup WAS epic. Still not horrible. Will be visiting this christmas and will be interesting to see what the lineup looks like by then...

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Wow that lineup WAS epic. Still not horrible. Will be visiting this christmas and will be interesting to see what the lineup looks like by then...

Unfortunately it probably will be the same as they hardly change out games anymore. See pinballrebel.com for updated games at various locations and pinside map.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Wow...they look like they had some lineup, it's about half that now. I did see that 3hrs for $10 deal, great deal...

For the player. Helped kill the location. They were likely trying anything they could to get players in, which apparently wasn't successful.

LTG : )

3 weeks later
    #9 11 years ago

I am going to Phoenix tomorrow, bummer to hear about the condition of some of the games, as I am planning on going there tomorrow afternoon and/or Saturday morning.

#10 11 years ago

PM Sent....

Stu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoenix-castles-coasters-trip-report and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.