7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Spitfiren8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

And while you all are going Ninja, I will be at all your houses Ninja-ing all your machines.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

And while you all are going Ninja, I will be at all your houses Ninja-ing all your machines.

You can borrow my flying guillotine to remove the heads.
It will blow your mind!

#53 7 years ago

I guess my "ninja" skills are sharp, i picked up the Firepower this morning!
I will start a thread on on its clean-up later today.

#54 7 years ago

You should have finished the drive and stink palmed him

#55 7 years ago

I am in PHX and want to buy my first machine...glad I didn't call on Space Shuttle!

(I noticed that Bride of Pinbot is back up on Craigslist, but the seller offers no info, no pictures, that is a huge red flag...)

#56 7 years ago

Never hurts to call and get it straight from the horses mouth. If he sounds shady all it cost was 5 min of your time. BOP is awesome, i picked up a really nice one that Kris from Firebird Pinball restored awhile back. Good luck with your first pin! BOP was my first, im up to number three and the fourth coming this weekend.

#57 7 years ago

I recently was selling a car. I had a buyer come look at it and said he would let me know. He called the later that day and said he would take it and would be out tomorrow with the money. I turned away another potential buyer telling them it was sold. Then the first buyer never showed. From now on it goes to the first person with cash in my hand. If I had 2 buyers coming over I would let them know the situation and let them decide if they want to make the trip knowing its first with cash in hand gets it. But I would not hold anything for anyone anymore without cash in hand.

#58 7 years ago

Bobby Orr Power Play:

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Try try you will see.

+1
I don't even know what Hockey is... but I love that game!

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I won't drive more than an hour for a CL ad, and even that is pushing it. I'd rather wait for it to show up here.

seems to make sense

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

I recently was selling a car. I had a buyer come look at it and said he would let me know. He called the later that day and said he would take it and would be out tomorrow with the money. I turned away another potential buyer telling them it was sold. Then the first buyer never showed. From now on it goes to the first person with cash in my hand. If I had 2 buyers coming over I would let them know the situation and let them decide if they want to make the trip knowing its first with cash in hand gets it. But I would not hold anything for anyone anymore without cash in hand.

^^ This happens all the time. There are shitty sellers as well as shitty buyers. You try to be the good guy and 'hold the game,' but Mr. Flakey says his wife won't let him after you've turned away other buyers. Such is life.

#61 7 years ago

Once you get that SS cleaned up it looks like its time to clean off the drums and play them

Good story and funny both people were on pinside

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Bobby Orr Power Play:

+1
I don't even know what Hockey is... but I love that game!

Try watching a game especially in the playoffs. It is the best intense action especially the games from this past year.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Zappa:

(I noticed that Bride of Pinbot is back up on Craigslist, but the seller offers no info, no pictures, that is a huge red flag...)

That's on route. There's an old couple in Tucson that has a neighbor of theirs putting up the craigslist ads for their games on route. They kept listing a fishtales in Phoenix (on the Tucson CL) as well as some others on the phoenix CL all with just an intersection and no pictures. The only game I know of for sure that sold so far was their MM and that went for $8500 or more.

#64 7 years ago

Hey Kris,
Good info! You may be hearing from me soon, i may need your expertise on the Firepower i just picked up!

#65 7 years ago

Hey, another Firepower just went up on Phoenix Craigslist, looks pretty good, not my favorite machine, but it should go fast.

kbliznick, thanks for the info, I assume that "on route" means it has been moved around a bit from bar to bar, etc?

#66 7 years ago

on route means it's still in the bar or laundromat or wherever, taking in quarters (or with an out of order sign on it).

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

on route means it's still in the bar or laundromat or wherever, taking in quarters (or with an out of order sign on it).

right that was that means I thought it meant rooted as in fucked!

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

......or worse. They could be sitting in a amusement park under a roof with very little protection from the sides getting wet every time a hard storm blows through. Seen this on vacation last year. Half of the games were off. I wonder why. Sad , sad , sad.

#69 7 years ago

Thanks! I talked with the guy at Troy Vending when he came in to attempt to fix Monster Bash at a local pub, he said they have stuff for sale, but I have to believe it would be in pretty bad shape. I did show him Pinball Arcade on my Android Tablet, he was amazed. Now he wants to buy a tablet...

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Zappa:

Thanks! I talked with the guy at Troy Vending when he came in to attempt to fix Monster Bash at a local pub, he said they have stuff for sale, but I have to believe it would be in pretty bad shape. I did show him Pinball Arcade on my Android Tablet, he was amazed. Now he wants to buy a tablet...

Monster at Coahouse bar in Scottsdale? I tried to buy a TfTC from Troy but had no luck with them responding.

#71 7 years ago

No, at On The Rocks. Both of them are in so-so shape, the the one at OTR doesn't even give you another ball if you drain right away...

#72 7 years ago

Don't Drain!...LOL...that's why I love Classic Bally's > No Ball Saver, Designed to take your Quarter, and No Mercy on the Outlanes.....

#73 7 years ago

I found a solution to this. I have punching bag next to my Operation Thunder. I bruised my knuckles the other day beating the hell out of it when I had a 2 ball multiball meet in the middle of the playfield and drain simultaneously on opposite outlanes.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Im over it...and on to the next one. The guy who got it seems like a cool cat, hope he brings it back to life.
Oh yeah, the piece of garbage seller sent me an apology email and offered me a sketchy Monte Carlo for $950!?!
Ha! Like thats gonna happen!

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Im over it...and on to the next one. The guy who got it seems like a cool cat, hope he brings it back to life.
Oh yeah, the piece of garbage seller sent me an apology email and offered me a sketchy Monte Carlo for $950!?!
Ha! Like thats gonna happen!

Hey Nate , sorry to hear about this ....cw is one of the coolest persons in Arizona that owns ......you'll meet him one day and will think the same ....

#75 7 years ago

theres some great attitudes here and that doesn't go unnoticed, very impressive!!!

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

and stink palmed him

Didn't think I was gonna learn anything today, and never could have guessed it would be something along these lines.
Leave it to centerflank.

1 month later
#77 7 years ago

Have you checked PHX Craigslist lately? Our seller is back! Selling the whole lot of 45 machines for 19K. Maybe a deal, just remember to bring lots of water, straps and dollys. No pavement, little access, it's in the desert, and it's September in Arizona. I'd spend my retirement on it except I think the divorce would be pretty nasty. Good luck!

phoenix.craigslist.org link

#78 7 years ago

I made contact on a couple of these and the reply back said he was selling the Entire Lot as 1 and would not sell them individule. Also Beware: His eMail address was a Craiglist "hidden" addy so he Does NOT want to be known.....I suspect it's a Bogus Ad....

Stu

Quoted from cwg29:

Have you checked PHX Craigslist lately? Our seller is back!

#80 7 years ago

There are really not too many games on his list worth much at all. If someone were to buy the whole lot they would have a very hard time selling many of them for any profit at all. I think at $19K it comes out to like $422 a game.

#81 7 years ago

Its funny he said he wouldnt sell seperately when he has his Solar Ride and Cue Ball Wizard listed FS in two different ads. I havent heard anything nice to say about this seller so ill keep my mouth shut...

Quoted from Stu:I made contact on a couple of these and the reply back said he was selling the Entire Lot as 1 and would not sell them individule. Also Beware: His eMail address was a Craiglist "hidden" addy so he Does NOT want to be known.....I suspect it's a Bogus Ad....
Stu

#82 7 years ago

Here is what I received:

"Hi At this time I am only trying to sell as complete lot all 45 together. Thank you"
and the email address it came from:
craigslist 4048956156 <crxn2-4048956156@sale.craigslist.org>

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Its funny he said he wouldnt sell seperately when he has his Solar Ride and Cue Ball Wizard listed FS in two different ads.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Here is what I received:
"Hi At this time I am only trying to sell as complete lot all 45 together. Thank you"
and the email address it came from:
craigslist 4048956156 <crxn2-4048956156@sale.craigslist.org>

Guy's name is Dave, good luck dealing with him. If it was anyone else i would try and buy the pinbot but i want zero contact with this guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 81.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 52.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside