Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Spitfiren8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

This post is for all fellow Pinsiders in PHOENIX, AZ. I just spent 3 hours driving time to go pick up a Space Shuttle pin listed on CL. I contacted the seller "Dave" a day prior and had arranged a time to meet the next day. I contacted him in the morning to confirm the time and also called him when i was on route 1 hour out. He said he looked forward to seeing me. I then get a call from this human piece of garbage 5 MINUTES from arriving at his house that he had just sold the pin to someone else!!! What a clownshoe! This guy is located in Queen Creek, Az. His name is Dave and he has a few pins including a broken Miami Heat for $400 on CL. Please dont deal with this SHI@HEAD!!!

Sorry I had to vent, 3 hrs in phoenix traffic for nothing!!!

#2 10 years ago

My sympathies. I would be heated if that happened to me. What a douche!!

#3 10 years ago

I've heard of other people having similar issues here and probably everywhere. My guess is the person who ended up with it gave the seller some extra cash to persuade him. she got the goldmine and you got the shaft

#4 10 years ago

BS.... Nuff said

#5 10 years ago

Man that sucks...
Another CL speshul deal for the history books.
(On a Space Shuttle too? What an ASStronaut!)

#6 10 years ago

sucks...thanks for the heads up

#7 10 years ago

I just had to vent, 3 hrs round trip in rush hour traffic in a dodge ram 6L Hemi. Gas is not cheap!!! Hopefully this will get the word out as he has a few pins for sale? phoenix.craigslist.org link

#8 10 years ago

What a shaft.Same thing happened to me on a piece of Audio Equipment.Drove 2 hours and the dude sold it to someone else while I was in transit, and told me when I got there.
They must be related to each other somehow....(the A**hole clan...)

#9 10 years ago

Hate to hear that happen to you. Some people are so inconsiderate.

#10 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Idiots suck.

#11 10 years ago

Wait a minute, he also has a Hollywood Heat. He is forgiven.

#12 10 years ago

Should have showed anyway to ask for reimbursement for time and fuel. Good chance the buyer was still there.

#13 10 years ago

I ended up with it and was totally unaware anyone else was on their way. That's until after I paid him and started loading. I had basically the same conversation with him on the phone. Apparently he doesn't think there is a problem with his business ethics. I was there when he told me someone else was on their way after I gave him the cash at the posted price. He did say the person was pissed and I replied that "I would be too!". I do understand your anger and it does leave a stain on my purchase, but I would in no way undermind another buyer intentionally. I'm just glad you didn't show up and go postal!

#14 10 years ago

Interesting post. Posts like these give me tips to be a better seller and try to screen flaky buyers better.

I think If I were the seller and I had two people coming over, I would let both parties know that was the case. But then you run into the dreaded problem of a potential bidding war. Which no one wants.

I guess the truly best way is to tell person two that person one is en route. That if person one does not buy you will call them.

But if both are on the way, I personally would tell whomever showed up first that there is another person coming and that I will wait X minutes for that person to get here and you can both look at it the same time. If they don't show up in that time frame, you get first crack.

But scheduling two people at the same time is not cool.

#15 10 years ago

This seems to be the norm in the Phoenix area. Not alot of great sellers around here.

#16 10 years ago

Here's the trouble maker. Found buried under beer signs, but after a little troubleshouting, batts, 3rd pinball added, she runs. Reminds me of the ghostbuster mobile Ecto-1. All it needs is breaks, shocks, tires, carberator, exaust, transmission, and motor and it will be great! Great Ray!

// Error: Image 115367 not found // // Error: Image 115368 not found //

#17 10 years ago

Believe it or not, that's actually not that bad (given the playfield). The center PF on mine is worn to hell. I just need to take the plunge and buy a new PF for it... I'm glad I nabbed mine for $250 back in '09.

Crappy situation, but a pin still managed to find a worthy home, so best of luck and enjoy the game!

#18 10 years ago

Let's flag that sucker!

Quoted from Spitfiren8:I just had to vent, 3 hrs round trip in rush hour traffic in a dodge ram 6L Hemi. Gas is not cheap!!! Hopefully this will get the word out as he has a few pins for sale? phoenix.craigslist.org link

#19 10 years ago

CWG,

Hope she cleans up good and that CPR will make a translight for it soon! Nice pickup even if it was at my expense! Not your fault, but the guy actually laughed a little after he said "sorry, i just sold it." That stuck in my craw!

I look forward to a thread on your SS restoration!

#20 10 years ago

haha nice touch showing hose pics, prob just rubs salt in to the wounds more.......lol

#21 10 years ago

Im over it...and on to the next one. The guy who got it seems like a cool cat, hope he brings it back to life.

Oh yeah, the piece of garbage seller sent me an apology email and offered me a sketchy Monte Carlo for $950!?!

Ha! Like thats gonna happen!

#22 10 years ago

haha send him to Monte Carlo, what a douche bag

#23 10 years ago

WOW!! That's really RAW, what a BOS. Good to see another Space Shuttle was saved. Thinking about a new playfield for mine but dreading the swap...never done one before. When??? I start in on it I know it's gonna be...well as long as I have it apart I might as well replace this , this, this and oh yes this.

#24 10 years ago

wtf!

#25 10 years ago

CPR dosen't make Translites.....

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

and that CPR will make a translight for it soon

#26 10 years ago

cwg how much more did you offer him to get it? Had to be more then he wanted to get it out from under spitfire.

#27 10 years ago

Been there several times, it's infuriating.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Oh yeah, the piece of garbage seller sent me an apology email and offered me a sketchy Monte Carlo for $950!?!

Ask him to deliver it and you will take it and then give him a fake address to let him know how it feels to have your time and money wasted!

#29 10 years ago

Brtlkat, I didn't offer anymore, didn't know he was double dealing. I honestly think the seller just wasn't too bright. I know from now on I will ask the seller to hold the item until I get a chance to see it. As I've always done even though some interested buyers take along time to come over and view the item and therefore hold up the line. The seller did seemed surprised at the high volume of calls on this one. It seems the PHX area is classic pinball machine deprived. I see lots of potiental projects on the east coast. Makes me want to relocate, but snow sucks.

#30 10 years ago

26 Classic Bally Pins here in Scottsdale....

Quoted from cwg29:

It seems the PHX area is classic pinball machine deprived

#31 10 years ago

So Stu, so your selling now?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Ask him to deliver it and you will take it and then give him a fake address to let him know how it feels to have your time and money wasted!

^^^^

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Im over it...and on to the next one. The guy who got it seems like a cool cat, hope he brings it back to life.
Ha! Like thats gonna happen!

I'd say, "Sure!", but he has to deliver it.

#34 10 years ago

LMAO...Ummm NO...but I am buying, I'm looking for a Nitro Groundshaker, Whirlwind, Earthshaker, Space Invaders, and Congo......

Quoted from cwg29:

So Stu, so your selling now

#35 10 years ago

Here is my Current Classic Bally Line-Up ( With My "want" List )

1. Wizard! 1975 Being Restored
2. Captain Fantastic 1976 Restored
3. Evel Knievel 1977
4. Lost World 1977
5. Playboy 1978 Restored
6. Six Million Dollar Man 1978 Need
7. Mata Hari 1978 Restored
8. Strikes & Spares 1978
9. Star Trek 1979
10. KISS 1979 Restored
11. Miss World 1979 Being Converted Now
12. Harlem Globetrotters 1979
13. Voltan 1979
14. Paragon 1979
15. Mystic 1980
16. Viking 1980
17. Skateball 1980 HUO
18. Silverball Mania 1980 Restored
19. Nitro Ground Shaker 1980 Need
20. Space Invaders 1980 Need
21. Xenon 1980 Restored
22. Rolling Stones 1980 Need
23. Dolly Parton 1979 Need
24. Embryon 1980 HUO
25. Elektra 1981
26. Eight Ball Deluxe 1981 Restored
27. Medusa 1981
28. Flash Gordon 1981 HUO
29. Centaur 1981
30. Fathom 1981
31. Spectrum 1981
32. Vector 1982 HUO

#36 10 years ago

Hey Stu. Finally getting a chance to play Metlica tonight. I'll let you know my thoughts.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Here is my Current Classic Bally Line-Up ( With My "want" List )
1. Wizard! 1975 Being Restored
2. Captain Fantastic 1976 Restored
3. Evel Knievel 1977
4. Lost World 1977
5. Playboy 1978 Restored
6. Six Million Dollar Man 1978 Need
7. Mata Hari 1978 Restored
8. Strikes & Spares 1978
9. Star Trek 1979
10. KISS 1979 Restored
11. Miss World 1979 Being Converted Now
12. Harlem Globetrotters 1979
13. Voltan 1979
14. Paragon 1979
15. Mystic 1980
16. Viking 1980
17. Skateball 1980 HUO
18. Silverball Mania 1980 Restored
19. Nitro Ground Shaker 1980 Need
20. Space Invaders 1980 Need
21. Xenon 1980 Restored
22. Rolling Stones 1980 Need
23. Dolly Parton 1979 Need
24. Embryon 1980 HUO
25. Elektra 1981
26. Eight Ball Deluxe 1981 Restored
27. Medusa 1981
28. Flash Gordon 1981 HUO
29. Centaur 1981
30. Fathom 1981
31. Spectrum 1981
32. Vector 1982 HUO

No Bobby Orr Power Play? For shame!

#38 10 years ago

not a hockey fan, sorry....

#39 10 years ago

this thread just goes to show that pinball collectors can be civil (seeing how the real buyer is on here showing pics). It's the a-hole sellers that make this hobby difficult.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Try try you will see. I do do like these green eggs and ham that Sam I am.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

Brtlkat, I didn't offer anymore, didn't know he was double dealing. I honestly think the seller just wasn't too bright. I know from now on I will ask the seller to hold the item until I get a chance to see it. As I've always done even though some interested buyers take along time to come over and view the item and therefore hold up the line. The seller did seemed surprised at the high volume of calls on this one. It seems the PHX area is classic pinball machine deprived. I see lots of potiental projects on the east coast. Makes me want to relocate, but snow sucks.

I talked to another pinsider today that bought a few pins from this guy a few years ago. He said this guy has 4 trailers full of garbage pins. Probably won't be long till we see another angry buyer thread about this guy!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Pity, it is a really fun and beautiful game.

#43 10 years ago

you were 5 minutes from his house and you turned around???
Why not finish the drive and tell him how you really feel.....
Seriously, I am not saying go bat crazy on him, but a little face to face... "whats the deal, I drove this far, and you promised me this...." goes a long ways.
1. It helps keep your sanity in getting it off your chest
2. Helps the other side realize and think what they did.
3. maybe a better solution/better deal may come out of it...

I dont know, but you have every right to have a calm conversation on what just transpired.
Phone is to easy, get it off your chest, say what you have to say, stop, and see what he has to say.

if this was Karlzona, I would highly Not recommend this approach )
(a little inside joke for the collectors who have been around for a while)

I have shipped quite a few games from different collectors in Arizona, and it is a great area/ people to do business with.
good luck,
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#44 10 years ago

I won't drive more than an hour for a CL ad, and even that is pushing it. I'd rather wait for it to show up here.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

you were 5 minutes from his house and you turned around???
Why not finish the drive and tell him how you really feel.....
Seriously, I am not saying go bat crazy on him, but a little face to face... "whats the deal, I drove this far, and you promised me this...." goes a long ways.
1. It helps keep your sanity in getting it off your chest
2. Helps the other side realize and think what they did.
3. maybe a better solution/better deal may come out of it...
I dont know, but you have every right to have a calm conversation on what just transpired.
Phone is to easy, get it off your chest, say what you have to say, stop, and see what he has to say.
if this was Karlzona, I would highly Not recommend this approach )
(a little inside joke for the collectors who have been around for a while)
I have shipped quite a few games from different collectors in Arizona, and it is a great area/ people
to do business with.
good luck,
Scott
Detroit Pinball

I think i did the right thing by just heading home. I was pretty heated, not alot good could come, especially since the pin was already sold. I had no beef with the buyer. Its over and done with now, gong to look at a Firepower in the am. Hopefully karma swings my way!

#46 10 years ago

Dont tell people what your are going to look at. Someone will see this and rush over and grab it before you get there. Already saw the $500 Firepower on craigslist.

#47 10 years ago

I swear, I'm not going to grab it this time Too busy making it up to the wife for the last one I bought at the spur of the moment. Good Luck!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Dont tell people what your are going to look at. Someone will see this and rush over and grab it before you get there.

You must learn the way of the ninja. You must be agile and fast, but most importantly, silent on pinside...

-Wes (who is now tempted to go ninja that firepower)

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

You must learn the way of the ninja. You must be agile and fast, but most importantly, silent on pinside...
-Wes (who is now tempted to go ninja that firepower)

And a Metallica too!

#50 10 years ago

Wes could ninja the FIREPOWER, and I could ninja his WHITEWATER!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoenix-buyers-beware/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.