(Topic ID: 32823)

Phoenix, AZ Pinball/Arcade Con Update 1

By toxicwes

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I posted this in the other Phoenix AZ Con thread, but it got lost in the shuffle, so I've made it into a new topic, because I think it's an important question...

Hey gang,
    Just a quick update... Still trying to nail down a venue and date. It's looking like Spring of 2013, though. I have a question for the AZ pinball community: How many travel to national events or tournaments? If we were to have our event the same weekend as something like Pinburgh, would it effect your willingness to attend or contribute games to our event?

Best wishes, and I'll keep you posted,
    Wes

#2 11 years ago

Ill be there.

#3 11 years ago

Im in for a show here. dont travel to other shows so that wouldnt be a prob for me.

#4 11 years ago

Wouldn't you want as much exposure focused on the event here as you could get? A different weekend would make the most sense to get as many out of towners, vendors, and players from around the country to attend. A lot of pin action takes place on the east coast. Why would they make the trip out here if it was the same weekend? Wouldn't the turn out be better?

#5 11 years ago

I agree with patrickvc. If at all possible keep it on a separate weekend to make attendance as palatable as possible for attendees, speakers, and vendors. That said, I would love to support a local pinball show.

#6 11 years ago

Would not effect me going to the show, but Pat has a good point. I would try to avoid timing it with any other shows. To get the best national draw and avoid conflicting with other shows you should do it during the winter/early spring and get people out here during the nice weather.

#7 11 years ago

The only show I try to make it to each year is CAX. As long as it's not that weekend, pencil me in.

#8 11 years ago

I make frequent trips to Scottsdale every year for business, I will definitely try to schedule a trip around the show.

#9 11 years ago

Finally a big pin convention show in AZ to look forward to after getting my first game.

#10 11 years ago

A lot of the major pinball folks in AZ travel to the national events.

Also, PM sent.

-Wes

#11 11 years ago

We need a event here! and would be willing to help. I do travel to PAPA, etc and that would be a bad mistake to share dates with another event.

#12 11 years ago

Sign me up. I agree with Kris have folks come to AZ when it's cold everywhere else.

1 month later
    #13 11 years ago

The event is a go! Started a new thread. look for Zapcon!

1 week later
    #14 11 years ago

I've been waiting for an event like this .......count me in !!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoenix-az-pinballarcade-con-update-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.