Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by toxicwes
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_appl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago

As Stu stated earlier in the thread, we've been brainstorming on a Phoenix convention for a couple of years. I go to 3 or 4 shows out of state yearly, and have talked with organizers for other shows on what works, and what doesn't. The pick-up and drop off service for those willing to provide games is a must. Would probably need to budget for 4 or 5 U-haul trucks for the weekend, and need an extra non-public day at the venue for set-up.

The success of a show is largely game dependent, and a minimum of 150 games would be necessary. This is where I've stalled out on this project previously. I run a 32 member league here in town, and have talked to many members about the prospect of doing a show. Trouble is, many of the pins used in the league are highly restored collector pieces that the owners would be hesitant to let the general public knock around for a weekend. Our membership owns 300+ pins, but from talking to members about it, I doubt we could reach 100 games to dedicate to a show. Some say they are willing, but if you want to get serious about this, we need to start a list of game titles committed for the event and by whom.

Personally, I would love to see this happen. I'm sure the APPL members would be willing to volunteer to help out however they are needed.

Mark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_appl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoenix-az-pinball-convention?tu=the_appl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.