(Topic ID: 211220)

Phish head Pin heads >>> Summer 2020!!! LFG!

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pedleboy
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B5A3710-07DC-4E2E-AEB5-CA461AD1ED9D (resized).jpeg
    50FB2B36-FF1B-4755-AF08-F3D4B9521F30 (resized).jpeg
    DF2BBDA5-4D45-4136-9082-F2FDB200ADCC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190713_2214449 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_6055 (resized).jpg
    7AD1748E-D9A8-4827-8C2D-115625EE2AB3 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.1222308872_emsn (resized).jpg
    33094468_10215784171253710_2602707029839577088_n (resized).jpg
    Phish Pinball (resized).jpg
    019EA16A-F522-4BE3-8257-EDEF878365FB (resized).png
    IMG_3202 (resized).jpg
    Maze Graphite (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

SSIA.

You in?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

? Please explain as I like Phish!

Phish is doing a festival this summer.

Tickets went on sale this morning.

Not much else as grand in life as a Phish festival in Aug at the end of a summer tour.
    http://phish.com/news/announcing-curveball-a-3-day-festival-august-17-19-2018/

#4 6 years ago

fair warning... this festival WILL sell out so if you are thinking about it then grab tickets sooner rather than later.

I would guess it sells out by the end of the month.

I went to the last one at this same spot and it was VERY well organized and the band played very well.

#5 6 years ago

I know there are a few other phish head pinballers...

where you at?

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

We only got tix in the preorder for one of the Atlanta Shows this year. Last tour it was incredible both nights in Atlanta.
    Crazy to think I've been listening to Phish for over 25 years now. Man I'm old.

I have heard great things about that Atlanta venue!

Yup, first show for me was 94'.
    After Tom Petty passed away this year, we promised (were reminded) to not miss another big show. I was at Clifford Ball and Big Cypress and Magnaball. Phish festivals are not to be missed IMHO.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Glen Close tickets were sold out by 12:01!

luckily I have a quick f5 finger

You going Crispin?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Yes sir but wont be camping with the lucky ones in the Glen Close. My friend and I have GA camping but he comes back from a work trip Wed night so we cant hit the road until then. We gotta get together at the show!

for sure!

1 week later
    #17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Whysnow; Just curious...what are your three favorite Phish studio albums and songs to hear at a show?
    For me, the albums are (1) Billy Breathes, (2) A Picture of Nectar, (3) Fuego
    The live songs (1) Bouncin' Around the Room, (2) Stash (3) Harry Hood (Just for the mayhem...I got nailed in the forehead with a glow stick the last time I saw them).

That is a tough one. Junta, rift, and picture of nectar are likely tops
    Live, I like it all but my favorite is solid progressive jams that have direction and make songs take on a new character.
    Individual songs I love live are Mound, reba, and lizards. i like the type 1 that goes type 2 live.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Not a chance for Curveball, too old.

you are only too old if you let it happen

'Dont miss a Phish festival' should be a rule for any fan, no matter your age.
    Honestly, it brings out the best in them. I really do think it is the one place that really special stuff still happens.

I love the band, but live they obviously are not playing/practicing as much as they used to/ need to.
    However, a festival at the end of the summer tour means plenty of lead up to make the magic happen and things are firing on point.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from moonduckie78:

Last year at Dick's, I walked past a car in the parking lot with a pinball machine in the back, and LIONMAN license plates. Was that you? Did I already ask this? Sorry....lost my mind just a couple of times.

That was me!

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pedleboy:

Hey Whysnow, is that your handle on PP.com? I always wondered if there were more of us around this site. Curveball will be really great. hopefully the weather is nice.
    D.

Have not been on pp in years. Lurk on .net ocassionally

Seems there are more of us around than i realized.

I will emphasize that any old heads that think they are done w festivals need to get out to curveball! Such a great experience and I put magnaball right up there w clifford and cypress!

#29 6 years ago

Hey whysnow, do you like art? Have you seen this recent work from David Welker? Revisiting his iconic Rift image, 25 years later!

Yup, wife and I are friends with David. Most of our main room is Welker giclees and originals from over the years.

Love his maze piece. Go check out A Walk In The Woods painting. david made that piece for me. I gifted to wife for our wedding anniversary a few years back.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Whysnow doesn't hustle grilled cheese on the lot to afford tour, but rather lugs a pin to shows and tours on coin drop.

It could be done, lol

#44 6 years ago

Wow...that's f'ing awesome!! As i'm sure you already know, A Walk In The Woods is one of those older prints that never seem to pop up for sale anymore, like Levitator. You commissioned the OG??....that's f'in craaaazy!!!
    David is such a nice guy. Took time out of his day to give me & the wife a tour of his studio in NYC when we were there in the summer of 2016. I wound up purchasing this original, which hangs in my home along with most of the Phishy art print heavy hitters like a Rift giclee, The Mound, Lengthwise, Woodpecker Tsunami, Lizard Land, and River Town. Can't wait to hang The Maze in a few months!!!
    But jeeeeeeezus.......you own the OG AWITW?!? You win, sir!!

Great collection you have!

Yes, i commisioned AWITW and then asked DW to make the giclee edition so he could make a little more for his efforts and I wanted the art to be shared. I had 7 of the edition at one point but gave most of them to friends and traded a few.

I am alsô looking forward to Maze to put along the others. Wish I had bought 10 rifts when I had the chance back in the day

2 months later
    #48 5 years ago

This thread has been too quiet.

what summer and fall shows are you hitting up?

I am doing Curveball and likely Chicago.

Would love to do Vegas again but that is not likely in the cards this year.

#50 5 years ago

Miami NYE would be grand! Went in 09 and had a good time. Wish it was not so damn expensive to rent a place when there...

1 week later
    #55 5 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Anyone get any holds today? I am still waiting to see if I got Vegas or not.

I got nothin..

Shut out for everything I requested.

Mainly ISO allstate if anyone has any extras.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I started on phish years ago also.. like early 90s small clubs and venues and seen Halloween shows, red rocks, Clifford ball, nye at Madison square gardens and all over the states... always a different show every night and tons of fun. I thought i read a statement from trey that phish was over for good..a graceful bow out while they are on top.. anyone else here this news? And if so are shows cancelled?

Ummmmm, yeah? That was like 18 years ago...

#61 5 years ago

14 years actually. Last week was the anniversary.
    But yeah, brazy....umm....they've been back together and touring regularly since 2009, brah.

I was thinking the Hiatus in 00'?

"Break up" was 04'?

I skipped all of 2.0 era and was fortunate enough to see my first show in 94' and a bunch during 1.0
    I think I have gone to another 40 since 3.0 era.

I dont think I missed much during 2.0

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from chaosrooster:

Phan checking in. On the fence about Curveball. It's a guaranteed good time, I just need a break from tour every now and then I think. Plus, I want a few more pins right now and can't afford both hobbies. I went to Magnaball and if any of you haven't been to that venue I highly recommend going, it's great and that area of NY is God's country.

My honest opinion/rule in 3.0 is "NEVER MISS A PHISH FEST!"

esp at end of a summer run when the dust is knocked off.

Magna/Superball was the tits and I am super pumped to be heading back to the Glenn for the Curve ball. To me, these fests are still some of the best musical offerings (Phish or other) that really capture the magic. If anyone is thinkin of only doing 1 set of shows this whole year, Curveball should be it!

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Is it odd that I LOVE the Dead, but can't get into Phish? I like a couple of their songs but haven't been able to get into them.

not really. It is very different music and I think the association has always been more about the subculture and the desire for deadheads to want something new once Jerry died. The drug culture was similar between both fan bases and of course there is lots of cross pollination.

I like both, but gotta be honest that the Phish scene/culture took a sharp down turn post July 1995 when it was overrun by the lot rats from dead tour.

#76 5 years ago

Superball was tons of fun, but the way I see it......I was there for Big Cypress, so....worst case scenario, I can pass on ALL subsequent Phish Fests and still die a happy man, knowing at least I was there for THE BIG ONE!!!

IMHO, Clifford Ball was the big one and BC a close second.

I was at both, but there is no doubt about it that 3.0 fests are all worth being at! Seriously the best Phish to be had each year! Get to Curveball and lets party!!!!!!

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I haven't been to a Phish show in so many years, but The Great Went in 1997 was the highlight for me. Still have all my old live bootleg cassettes from the 90's shows. After Round Room came out, I basically thought they changed too much and drifted away from them. Still adore their early stuff though. Maybe I should give their newer stuff a try again...

there is some great stuff (both albums and live) happening now. 3.0 phish is more similar to 1.0 (the 90s) than 2.0 (the drug fueled 2000s) since the band is sober and firing on all cylinders post the 04' break up when Trey got sober and became a good human again.

Go listen to Magnaball (the most recent festival) for a great taste of what is happening now. If you liked the 94-97 era then I am guessing you will like at least 80% of what is happening currently.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They ever release Magnaball on CD or spotify? Thanks for the tips

not sure, but they now give you a free download code on very ticket for shows you attend. Since wife and I both went to magna, I will look for my stubs at home and get you a code to download form live phish.

2 months later
    #84 5 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

Heading to see Phish tonight in Atlanta. Interestingly, Phish just got their own Sirius Radio station, and it will launch with a live broadcast of tonights show for anyone that's interested.
    Last years shows were both incredible sets. It will be hard to top them tonight, but who knows what we can expect.
    Paul

have fun and party safe!

Can hardly wait for curveball!!!!

1 week later
    #86 5 years ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

Only a few more days to Curveball! Cannot freaking wait!

will be in glennclose on Wed afternoon! Looking forward to it, but base don the weather... bring the rain gear and gumboots!

#90 5 years ago

I don't care about all the money we blew, but the blown week of pto sure does hurt. Been pullin 100+ hour weeks just to make things fall in place for this week. 26 hrs of driving for not a single note of music hurts.

I hope they rebook for next year and honor our tickets and then the band blows it up with something special for us. A simple refund aint gonna cut it and i am guessing the band knows that.

Safe travels to all my pinball brothers heading back home.

2 weeks later
    #95 5 years ago

I just hope you don’t believe EVERYTHING you read on PhantasyTour. LOL! Because you really shouldn’t believe ANYTHING.

seems plausible to me and would have been awesome!

#97 5 years ago

meh, after a week wasted and 27hr drive for nothing I am going to imagine it was going to be pinball, glorius pinball music jams the whole weekend.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Whysnow, I hope you haven't had any trouble with the refund process from Curveball.

still no refund here.

I have gotten 1 email about it but nothing else. Really poor communication and delay is honestly like salt in the wound at this stage.
    I am amazed at how badly this has all been handled.

2 months later
    #104 5 years ago

Was not there, but wish I was. Honestly still a bad taste in my mouth from curveball that kept me from going this year.

1 month later
    #108 5 years ago

summer tour announced!

3 months later
    #111 5 years ago

Dammit. This thread should NEVER go more than 46 days without a post!
    How about them Ghosts of the Forest, eh?

I have not listened at all. Worth checking out?

I am looking forward to Fenway with the dude crew this summer. Also, doing AV of course.

1 month later
    #112 4 years ago

anyone doing any shows this summer?

Sounds damn good already for early tour!

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Did both nights St Louis, doing Alpine valley and then Dick's

nice run over the summer!

I am so pumped for Fenway. 5 good friends and good fields both nights

Then I get to do AV with my awesome wife and PITs!

1 week later
    #124 4 years ago

I am really liking most of what I am hearing this tour so far.

Looking forward to Fenway and friends!

1 week later
    #127 4 years ago
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #129 4 years ago

Great time! Post show we did some pinballin. Looking forward to next night!

1 week later
    #130 4 years ago

If you missed the last two nights at AV, I am sorry. It rocked!

#132 4 years ago
    50FB2B36-FF1B-4755-AF08-F3D4B9521F30 (resized).jpeg50FB2B36-FF1B-4755-AF08-F3D4B9521F30 (resized).jpegDF2BBDA5-4D45-4136-9082-F2FDB200ADCC (resized).jpegDF2BBDA5-4D45-4136-9082-F2FDB200ADCC (resized).jpeg
    #135 4 years ago

Amazaballs!!!

#137 4 years ago

anyone that is a phan, do yourself a favor and grab all 3 nights and listen to them in the entirety.

Well worth it.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Ruby Waves lyrics which REALLY caught my attention:
    "When I die I'll turn into a tiny ball of energy
    And I'll go flipping and floating up into the sky
    And bounce off the stars like a pinball machine
    Look around
    All the lights on the machine are flashing"
    Followed by a 38 minute jam... WHAT A NIGHT!

Being a Bday show, and an epic jam song... I have to say it felt pretty cosmic to be there

#141 4 years ago

I’m happy for all the 3.0 kids that are ranting and raving about having been at this show. It was fantastic, certainly.
    But NOTHING Phish EVER does will even remotely compare to BIG CYPRESS. That was the big one. That was the one to be jealous of.
    There are only two types of Phish fans. Those who were AT Big Cypress, and those who can only WISH they had been there.

I was at all of the big ones. Clifford, Big Cypress, the balls, etc...

Outside of the festivals, safe to say the Alpine trio was pretty epic (no 3.0 noob here as my first some was in 94'), for sure some of the top stuff in 3.0 and the most cohesive and fun playing I have seen since they returned in 2009.

#144 4 years ago

Didn’t mean to imply that YOU are a 3.0 kid. But I know a lot of them, and their ranting and raving about Sunday’s show makes me roll my jaded old 1.0 eyes.

so you are saying... you were not there

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Alpine Valley was a blast. I saw a couple pinball shirts over the weekend.
    Anyone see 'Between Me and My Mind' last night? I thought it was a great look into the Trey and the band. Very candid and fun. Loved the credit sequence that was added.

hoping it comes to netflix at some point.
    unfortunately nothing around me was showing it

I have a rip of it but it is pretty poor quality so not worth watching in that format.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Not Phish, but seeing Moe. and blues traveler this weekend which should be a frigan blast

have fun!

I heard BT is rocking hard lately!

4 months later
    #155 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Fall Tour definitely had its moments but on the whole didn't leave a lot behind that'll be talked about for years to come. Here's hoping MSG helps them close out the year on a high note! I certainly had a great 2019 of Phish between Camden and Alpine Valley, and I'm hoping that MSG on the 28th and 29th will be the icing on the cake for me.

I agree!

Will be my first visit to MSG and only doing the Sat/Sun shows. Hoping for some fun times, a few treats.
    No matter what it will be a blast.

Side note: Anyone have a pair of Floors or good 100s for the 12/28 show? We are still on the hunt.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Treats" huh? Well you won't have to go far. THere's usually a couple tanks rolling up and down 8th avenue.

no thanks. I meant treats as in rare song bust outs.

Really? First visit ever? That's AWESOME. You are gonna have a great time.
    When the band really gets goin', and everybody in the room is having the time of their lives, take a moment and just try to stand perfectly still. That's when you can really feel the building itself dancing. It's an incredible feeling!!!

what is the jump zone specifically? floor or anywhere in the 100s?

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't understand how he does it sober.

best way to do it IMHO!

Phish is great sober! So much to experience that drugs are just a distraction for me.
    Get ripped at home on couch tour. In person shows are sober affairs for me.

#167 4 years ago

Levi > if I have time to visit one pinball place when in town... where do I go?

also, you want to have drinks and pinball on Dec 27th, (lunch time)

#169 4 years ago

I will be staying in Brooklyn FWIW

#171 4 years ago

Just scored a pair of GA for N1 on a re-re

1 week later
    #173 4 years ago

Almost time to rock!

#174 4 years ago

Fun first set

5B5A3710-07DC-4E2E-AEB5-CA461AD1ED9D (resized).jpeg5B5A3710-07DC-4E2E-AEB5-CA461AD1ED9D (resized).jpeg
    #177 4 years ago

12/30/19 Set II was amazing.
    And RESCUE SQUAD FTW!
    Other than that, meh.

While run was really good stuff IMHO.

N1 and 2 were really well played with just the right amount of everything.

#179 4 years ago

I was there. In front row. What a show!
    Hard to believe it was 20 years ago

2 weeks later
    #180 4 years ago

Well... what are you guys hitting for summer?

#182 4 years ago

Nothing.
    First baby is due June 28.
    Hoping for maybe Vegas Halloween.

congrats!

We are contemplating Nasheville. Drivable and looks like a cool outdoor venue.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

The AC dates have been rumored for months, and I've had a friend's wedding scheduled for that weekend the whole time. Sucks that's the weekend, but can't win 'em all. Outside chance I try to make the Sunday show for that, but I'll most likely hit the two Hershey shows and that will be my summer.

AC on a beach does little for me. Sounds cool till I realized sand everywhere and not cheap.

1 week later
    #186 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Scored 100s for both nights of Hershey in the lotto. Very pleased with that.
    A friend of mine is trying to talk me into going to Gorge and I think he's going to succeed.

nice!

We git snunked on both Dicks and Nasheville.

Fingers crossed for onsale Dicks today

#188 4 years ago

Dicks only for us.

Unable to secure Nasheville so the decision was made for us.

1 month later
    #191 4 years ago

This love debut of the album is awesome!

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Their strongest album of 3.0 IMHO. Among their major releases I don't think there's a better jam than the one from Everything's Right.

agreed! so good! and so needed!!!!

3 months later
    #195 3 years ago

If you are not watching dinner and a movie tonight... you should be!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phish-head-pin-heads-curveball?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.