(Topic ID: 211220)

Phish head Pin heads >>> Summer 2020!!! LFG!

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pedleboy
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B5A3710-07DC-4E2E-AEB5-CA461AD1ED9D (resized).jpeg
    50FB2B36-FF1B-4755-AF08-F3D4B9521F30 (resized).jpeg
    DF2BBDA5-4D45-4136-9082-F2FDB200ADCC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190713_2214449 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_6055 (resized).jpg
    7AD1748E-D9A8-4827-8C2D-115625EE2AB3 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.1222308872_emsn (resized).jpg
    33094468_10215784171253710_2602707029839577088_n (resized).jpg
    Phish Pinball (resized).jpg
    019EA16A-F522-4BE3-8257-EDEF878365FB (resized).png
    IMG_3202 (resized).jpg
    Maze Graphite (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 6 years ago

SSIA.

You in?

#2 6 years ago

? Please explain as I like Phish!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

? Please explain as I like Phish!

Phish is doing a festival this summer.

Tickets went on sale this morning.

Not much else as grand in life as a Phish festival in Aug at the end of a summer tour.
    http://phish.com/news/announcing-curveball-a-3-day-festival-august-17-19-2018/

#4 6 years ago

fair warning... this festival WILL sell out so if you are thinking about it then grab tickets sooner rather than later.

I would guess it sells out by the end of the month.

I went to the last one at this same spot and it was VERY well organized and the band played very well.

#5 6 years ago

I know there are a few other phish head pinballers...

where you at?

#6 6 years ago

We only got tix in the preorder for one of the Atlanta Shows this year. Last tour it was incredible both nights in Atlanta.

Crazy to think I've been listening to Phish for over 25 years now. Man I'm old.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

We only got tix in the preorder for one of the Atlanta Shows this year. Last tour it was incredible both nights in Atlanta.
    Crazy to think I've been listening to Phish for over 25 years now. Man I'm old.

I have heard great things about that Atlanta venue!

Yup, first show for me was 94'.
    After Tom Petty passed away this year, we promised (were reminded) to not miss another big show. I was at Clifford Ball and Big Cypress and Magnaball. Phish festivals are not to be missed IMHO.

#8 6 years ago

Glad to see a phish thread here. Got my Tickets for the fest at noon, and we recently got tickets for the sold out Moe. show in Burlington.

#9 6 years ago

I was going to this tour until I saw that they booked Bill Graham Civic Auditorium instead of the usual Shoreline show.

Gonna probably pass as I hate driving in San Francisco.

#10 6 years ago

Glen Close tickets were sold out by 12:01!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Glen Close tickets were sold out by 12:01!

luckily I have a quick f5 finger

You going Crispin?

#12 6 years ago

Yes sir but wont be camping with the lucky ones in the Glen Close. My friend and I have GA camping but he comes back from a work trip Wed night so we cant hit the road until then. We gotta get together at the show!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Yes sir but wont be camping with the lucky ones in the Glen Close. My friend and I have GA camping but he comes back from a work trip Wed night so we cant hit the road until then. We gotta get together at the show!

for sure!

#14 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

bonnaroo 2009?bonnaroo 2009?

#15 6 years ago

Still up in the air on Curveball. Going to the Gorge and Dicks. I am a teacher with limited days off and school will have just started back. So not sure if I can swing at the Curveball. Atlanta is a great time and the venue is good. Anyone doing the Gorge then Pinsburgh?

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago

Whysnow; Just curious...what are your three favorite Phish studio albums and songs to hear at a show?

For me, the albums are (1) Billy Breathes, (2) A Picture of Nectar, (3) Fuego

The live songs (1) Bouncin' Around the Room, (2) Stash (3) Harry Hood (Just for the mayhem...I got nailed in the forehead with a glow stick the last time I saw them).

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Whysnow; Just curious...what are your three favorite Phish studio albums and songs to hear at a show?
    For me, the albums are (1) Billy Breathes, (2) A Picture of Nectar, (3) Fuego
    The live songs (1) Bouncin' Around the Room, (2) Stash (3) Harry Hood (Just for the mayhem...I got nailed in the forehead with a glow stick the last time I saw them).

That is a tough one. Junta, rift, and picture of nectar are likely tops
    Live, I like it all but my favorite is solid progressive jams that have direction and make songs take on a new character.
    Individual songs I love live are Mound, reba, and lizards. i like the type 1 that goes type 2 live.

#18 6 years ago

YEM, Nectar, Harpua!

#19 6 years ago

Lawn Boy, Junta. I'm pretty old school, first concert 12/31/90. Back then the ONLY way to buy Junta was to go to a show and get it from Amy at their swag booth! Back then you could hang out with them at intermission/after show. Saw them a ton throughout the 90's. Got a million stories.

Not a chance for Curveball, too old.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Not a chance for Curveball, too old.

you are only too old if you let it happen

'Dont miss a Phish festival' should be a rule for any fan, no matter your age.
    Honestly, it brings out the best in them. I really do think it is the one place that really special stuff still happens.

I love the band, but live they obviously are not playing/practicing as much as they used to/ need to.
    However, a festival at the end of the summer tour means plenty of lead up to make the magic happen and things are firing on point.

#21 6 years ago

Hoist was the album that got me into Phish. I would then say Nectar and Junta.

Now all I listen to are live shows because they are better

#22 6 years ago

I stopped going to the big festivals after Coventry Vermont. I still love the music. my first show was camp phish 1991 at the arrowhead ranch. I doubt there was more than 500 people there and the giant country horns took the band to a level I never thought possible.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#23 6 years ago

I did Cypress and Superball. Even if I never attend another fest, I can still die a happy man, because I WAS AT BIG CYPRESS!!!
    Need I say more? Except maybe one word...

CHEESECAKE!!!!!!
    (saying it like i'm pissed)

I was gonna do Dicks, or maybe Alpharetta, but now I think i'm gonna save a few bucks this summer, and just wait for Halloween in Vegas (a LOCK!) and NYE in Miami (looking good this year!)

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I know there are a few other phish head pinballers...
    where you at?

Last year at Dick's, I walked past a car in the parking lot with a pinball machine in the back, and LIONMAN license plates. Was that you? Did I already ask this? Sorry....lost my mind just a couple of times.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from moonduckie78:

Last year at Dick's, I walked past a car in the parking lot with a pinball machine in the back, and LIONMAN license plates. Was that you? Did I already ask this? Sorry....lost my mind just a couple of times.

That was me!

#26 6 years ago

Hey Whysnow, is that your handle on PP.com? I always wondered if there were more of us around this site. Curveball will be really great. hopefully the weather is nice.
    D.

#27 6 years ago

Hey @whysnow, do you like art? Have you seen this recent work from David Welker? Revisiting his iconic Rift image, 25 years later!

Maze Graphite (resized).jpgMaze Graphite (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pedleboy:

Hey Whysnow, is that your handle on PP.com? I always wondered if there were more of us around this site. Curveball will be really great. hopefully the weather is nice.
    D.

Have not been on pp in years. Lurk on .net ocassionally

Seems there are more of us around than i realized.

I will emphasize that any old heads that think they are done w festivals need to get out to curveball! Such a great experience and I put magnaball right up there w clifford and cypress!

#29 6 years ago

Hey whysnow, do you like art? Have you seen this recent work from David Welker? Revisiting his iconic Rift image, 25 years later!

Yup, wife and I are friends with David. Most of our main room is Welker giclees and originals from over the years.

Love his maze piece. Go check out A Walk In The Woods painting. david made that piece for me. I gifted to wife for our wedding anniversary a few years back.

#30 6 years ago

Ordered Curveball tickets last week! Cannot wait to get back to the Glen! Was surprised to see a Phish thread on Pinside! Nice! Whysnow

#31 6 years ago

Whysnow doesn't hustle grilled cheese on the lot to afford tour, but rather lugs a pin to shows and tours on coin drop.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Whysnow doesn't hustle grilled cheese on the lot to afford tour, but rather lugs a pin to shows and tours on coin drop.

It could be done, lol

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

This made me almost spit out my coffee.
    D.

#34 6 years ago

Either pinball or Phish will be the cause for my divorce. I've already missed TWO of the wife's family reunions due to attending shows and have considered backing out of our family Hawaii vacation(MIL 60th) we've been planning for a year that now coincides with Curveball. I've ultimately decided to keep my mouth shut and continue the unfortunate streak of missing festivals.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yup, wife and I are friends with David. Most of our main room is Welker giclees and originals from over the years.
    Love his maze piece. Go check out A Walk In The Woods painting. david made that piece for me. I gifted to wife for our wedding anniversary a few years back.

Wow...that's f'ing awesome!! As i'm sure you already know, A Walk In The Woods is one of those older prints that never seem to pop up for sale anymore, like Levitator. You commissioned the OG??....that's f'in craaaazy!!!

David is such a nice guy. Took time out of his day to give me & the wife a tour of his studio in NYC when we were there in the summer of 2016. I wound up purchasing this original, which hangs in my home along with most of the Phishy art print heavy hitters like a Rift giclee, The Mound, Lengthwise, Woodpecker Tsunami, Lizard Land, and River Town. Can't wait to hang The Maze in a few months!!!

But jeeeeeeezus.......you own the OG AWITW?!? You win, sir!!

IMG_3202 (resized).jpgIMG_3202 (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago

Badass on the Welkers! I was hoping to hit the Maze drop but didn't get so lucky.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Badass on the Welkers! I was hoping to hit the Maze drop but didn't get so lucky.

That shit was brutal. I went for the full set, but my bank declined the charge for some fraud protection security verification text message BULLSHIT.
    That was NOT a happy day.

#38 6 years ago

That shit was brutal. I went for the full set, but my bank declined the charge for some fraud protection security verification text message BULLSHIT.
    That was NOT a happy day.

Wow, that IS some serious BS. Both ticket releases and print drops are quite stressful these days, lol. Haven't had much luck on either.

#39 6 years ago

I just picked up this poster on eBay. Love the art!

019EA16A-F522-4BE3-8257-EDEF878365FB (resized).png019EA16A-F522-4BE3-8257-EDEF878365FB (resized).png

#40 6 years ago

Was unaware of this... pretty awesome. A pinball lounge at Superball.

#41 6 years ago

I have this poster on the wall.
    D.

#42 6 years ago

Phish Pinball (resized).jpgPhish Pinball (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

I'm about to SOAM trying to find a short in the lamp matrix of a project pin I'm working on if that counts? https://imgur.com/1u1Q8rX

#44 6 years ago

Wow...that's f'ing awesome!! As i'm sure you already know, A Walk In The Woods is one of those older prints that never seem to pop up for sale anymore, like Levitator. You commissioned the OG??....that's f'in craaaazy!!!
    David is such a nice guy. Took time out of his day to give me & the wife a tour of his studio in NYC when we were there in the summer of 2016. I wound up purchasing this original, which hangs in my home along with most of the Phishy art print heavy hitters like a Rift giclee, The Mound, Lengthwise, Woodpecker Tsunami, Lizard Land, and River Town. Can't wait to hang The Maze in a few months!!!
    But jeeeeeeezus.......you own the OG AWITW?!? You win, sir!!

Great collection you have!

Yes, i commisioned AWITW and then asked DW to make the giclee edition so he could make a little more for his efforts and I wanted the art to be shared. I had 7 of the edition at one point but gave most of them to friends and traded a few.

I am alsô looking forward to Maze to put along the others. Wish I had bought 10 rifts when I had the chance back in the day

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

» YouTube video

How in the hell did I miss this! Awesome!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

» YouTube video

It was AWESOME!!!
    Fish was hanging out in there for a bit, talking to people and playing pinball, when they first opened the Ball Square grounds at 6pm on June 30...before it got too crowded.

2 months later
    #47 5 years ago

This thread has been too quiet.

Too early for Halloween predictions? Ok.

How about trying to guess what the new flavor from Ben & Jerry's is going to taste like?

This t-shirt, featuring new art by Jim Pollock, was spotted on employees at a B&J scoop shop. It has been 'unofficially confirmed' that this new flavor WILL NOT be a Curveball-exclusive limited product. It will be available at B&J scoop shops, and for online orders, packed & shipped with dry ice.

33094468_10215784171253710_2602707029839577088_n (resized).jpg33094468_10215784171253710_2602707029839577088_n (resized).jpg

#48 5 years ago

This thread has been too quiet.

what summer and fall shows are you hitting up?

I am doing Curveball and likely Chicago.

Would love to do Vegas again but that is not likely in the cards this year.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what summer and fall shows are you hitting up?

Alpharetta for summer, and i've put in PTBM requests for Chicago and Vegas.

Miami NYE is looking good now!!!

#50 5 years ago

Miami NYE would be grand! Went in 09 and had a good time. Wish it was not so damn expensive to rent a place when there...

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phish-head-pin-heads-curveball?hl=apinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.