(Topic ID: 211220)

Phish head Pin heads >>> Summer 2020!!! LFG!

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pedleboy
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B5A3710-07DC-4E2E-AEB5-CA461AD1ED9D (resized).jpeg
    50FB2B36-FF1B-4755-AF08-F3D4B9521F30 (resized).jpeg
    DF2BBDA5-4D45-4136-9082-F2FDB200ADCC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190713_2214449 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_6055 (resized).jpg
    7AD1748E-D9A8-4827-8C2D-115625EE2AB3 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    il_570xN.1222308872_emsn (resized).jpg
    33094468_10215784171253710_2602707029839577088_n (resized).jpg
    Phish Pinball (resized).jpg
    019EA16A-F522-4BE3-8257-EDEF878365FB (resized).png
    IMG_3202 (resized).jpg
    Maze Graphite (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

Getting excited for tour! Only hitting Raleigh and Curveball. Whysnow we will have to meetup, I owe you a beer for verifying my pinside account

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Miami NYE would be grand! Went in 09 and had a good time.

Miami '09 WAS grand! One of my favorite gags ever!

Now, Miami '14......THAT one....well.....lets just say it left something to be desired.

#53 5 years ago

We have tix for one of the Atlanta shows I think. Not sure which one. Only one of the nights came through with the Phish Online tickets method this year.

Paul

1 week later
    #54 5 years ago

Anyone get any holds today? I am still waiting to see if I got Vegas or not.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Anyone get any holds today? I am still waiting to see if I got Vegas or not.

I got nothin..

Shut out for everything I requested.

Mainly ISO allstate if anyone has any extras.

#56 5 years ago

I started on phish years ago also.. like early 90s small clubs and venues and seen Halloween shows, red rocks, Clifford ball, nye at Madison square gardens and all over the states... always a different show every night and tons of fun. I thought i read a statement from trey that phish was over for good..a graceful bow out while they are on top.. anyone else here this news? And if so are shows cancelled?

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

I started on phish years ago also.. like early 90s small clubs and venues and seen Halloween shows, red rocks, Clifford ball, nye at Madison square gardens and all over the states... always a different show every night and tons of fun. I thought i read a statement from trey that phish was over for good..a graceful bow out while they are on top.. anyone else here this news? And if so are shows cancelled?

Ummmmm, yeah? That was like 18 years ago...

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

My first Phish show was at the Cincinnati Zoo in 93.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ummmmm, yeah? That was like 18 years ago...

14 years actually. Last week was the anniversary.
    But yeah, @brazy....umm....they've been back together and touring regularly since 2009, brah.

#60 5 years ago

Got my Vegas PTBMs. Shut out of Hampton and Chicago, though.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from moonduckie78:

But yeah, brazy....umm....they've been back together and touring regularly since 2009, brah.

I was thinking the Hiatus in 00'?

"Break up" was 04'?

I skipped all of 2.0 era and was fortunate enough to see my first show in 94' and a bunch during 1.0
    I think I have gone to another 40 since 3.0 era.

I dont think I missed much during 2.0

#62 5 years ago

Well I got shut out as well. The search for Vegas passes begins. Anyone going to the Gorge or Dicks this year?

My first show was 9.29.99

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was thinking the Hiatus in 00'?
    "Break up" was 04'?
    I skipped all of 2.0 era and was fortunate enough to see my first show in 94' and a bunch during 1.0
    I think I have gone to another 40 since 3.0 era.
    I dont think I missed much during 2.0

Yes, breakup was '04.
    I skipped MOST of 2.0, but there were a few highlights. 'The Return' at MSG....IT....Miami NYE Run.....to name a few.

#64 5 years ago

I'm super salty they aren't playing the NE. My wife is in graduate school with an internship this summer, so we can't travel. How do you have a summer and fall tour with no NE show? And Albany is not the NE, BTW.
    D.

#65 5 years ago
    il_570xN.1222308872_emsn (resized).jpgil_570xN.1222308872_emsn (resized).jpg
    #66 5 years ago

Phan checking in. On the fence about Curveball. It's a guaranteed good time, I just need a break from tour every now and then I think. Plus, I want a few more pins right now and can't afford both hobbies. I went to Magnaball and if any of you haven't been to that venue I highly recommend going, it's great and that area of NY is God's country.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from chaosrooster:

Phan checking in. On the fence about Curveball. It's a guaranteed good time, I just need a break from tour every now and then I think. Plus, I want a few more pins right now and can't afford both hobbies. I went to Magnaball and if any of you haven't been to that venue I highly recommend going, it's great and that area of NY is God's country.

My honest opinion/rule in 3.0 is "NEVER MISS A PHISH FEST!"

esp at end of a summer run when the dust is knocked off.

Magna/Superball was the tits and I am super pumped to be heading back to the Glenn for the Curve ball. To me, these fests are still some of the best musical offerings (Phish or other) that really capture the magic. If anyone is thinkin of only doing 1 set of shows this whole year, Curveball should be it!

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

My honest opinion/rule in 3.0 is "NEVER MISS A PHISH FEST!"
    esp at end of a summer run when the dust is knocked off.
    Magna/Superball was the tits and I am super pumped to be heading back to the Glenn for the Curve ball. To me, these fests are still some of the best musical offerings (Phish or other) that really capture the magic. If anyone is thinkin of only doing 1 set of shows this whole year, Curveball should be it!

I hear ya but I caught the pinball bug last year. My first pin is looking kinda lonely and was hoping to get a 2nd and 3rd this summer. You are absolutely correct though, a 3.0 festival is kind of obligatory. I skipped 2017 completely so if there was ever a time to jump back in and see the boys it would be Curveball. Maybe you'll see me up there!

#69 5 years ago

Is it odd that I LOVE the Dead, but can't get into Phish? I like a couple of their songs but haven't been able to get into them.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Is it odd that I LOVE the Dead, but can't get into Phish? I like a couple of their songs but haven't been able to get into them.

not really. It is very different music and I think the association has always been more about the subculture and the desire for deadheads to want something new once Jerry died. The drug culture was similar between both fan bases and of course there is lots of cross pollination.

I like both, but gotta be honest that the Phish scene/culture took a sharp down turn post July 1995 when it was overrun by the lot rats from dead tour.

#71 5 years ago

My Phish Tee 2011 tour.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #72 5 years ago

Ummmmm, yeah? That was like 18 years ago...</blockquote
    Well that's good! Yeah i remember the break along time ago so i guess what i read was maybe just someone posting that from before. Obviously didn't look that hard into it and i haven't seen them for awhile so i thought it may have been true since they've done other projects. Trey is a madman on that guitar! Maybe should check them out again

#73 5 years ago

But yeah, brazy....umm....they've been back together and touring regularly since 2009, brah.

I knew they were back at it for awhile but thought out might have happened again... I'm going to find my last stub and see what year it was but I'll bet it was around when my oldest was born!... geez.. trying to raise good people really cuts into your party time! 3 kids and 20yrs later....

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sodacrack:

My first Phish show was at the Cincinnati Zoo in 93.

I remember the zoo... we're you at the music hall show when the fire alarm went off and they almost cancelled the show? They came back in and trey was saying how they loved the venue and wanted to respect it and don't smoke until after the show! Then came back on with Hendrix Fire and took no break and played straight through... awesome

#75 5 years ago

Superball was tons of fun, but the way I see it......I was there for Big Cypress, so....worst case scenario, I can pass on ALL subsequent Phish Fests and still die a happy man, knowing at least I was there for THE BIG ONE!!!

#76 5 years ago

Superball was tons of fun, but the way I see it......I was there for Big Cypress, so....worst case scenario, I can pass on ALL subsequent Phish Fests and still die a happy man, knowing at least I was there for THE BIG ONE!!!

IMHO, Clifford Ball was the big one and BC a close second.

I was at both, but there is no doubt about it that 3.0 fests are all worth being at! Seriously the best Phish to be had each year! Get to Curveball and lets party!!!!!!

#77 5 years ago

I haven't been to a Phish show in so many years, but The Great Went in 1997 was the highlight for me. Still have all my old live bootleg cassettes from the 90's shows. After Round Room came out, I basically thought they changed too much and drifted away from them. Still adore their early stuff though. Maybe I should give their newer stuff a try again...

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I haven't been to a Phish show in so many years, but The Great Went in 1997 was the highlight for me. Still have all my old live bootleg cassettes from the 90's shows. After Round Room came out, I basically thought they changed too much and drifted away from them. Still adore their early stuff though. Maybe I should give their newer stuff a try again...

there is some great stuff (both albums and live) happening now. 3.0 phish is more similar to 1.0 (the 90s) than 2.0 (the drug fueled 2000s) since the band is sober and firing on all cylinders post the 04' break up when Trey got sober and became a good human again.

Go listen to Magnaball (the most recent festival) for a great taste of what is happening now. If you liked the 94-97 era then I am guessing you will like at least 80% of what is happening currently.

#79 5 years ago

They ever release Magnaball on CD or spotify? Thanks for the tips

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They ever release Magnaball on CD or spotify? Thanks for the tips

not sure, but they now give you a free download code on very ticket for shows you attend. Since wife and I both went to magna, I will look for my stubs at home and get you a code to download form live phish.

1 month later
    #81 5 years ago

And giving your kids and yourself Phish Food ice cream while in New England on Summer vacation is a must!

Maine rocks with Arcadia National Bar and Coast City Comics for on location pins.

7AD1748E-D9A8-4827-8C2D-115625EE2AB3 (resized).jpeg7AD1748E-D9A8-4827-8C2D-115625EE2AB3 (resized).jpeg
    #82 5 years ago

There's a new drug hittin' the street, kids!!
    Watch out. It's potent stuff.

IMG_6055 (resized).jpgIMG_6055 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #83 5 years ago

Heading to see Phish tonight in Atlanta. Interestingly, Phish just got their own Sirius Radio station, and it will launch with a live broadcast of tonights show for anyone that's interested.

Last years shows were both incredible sets. It will be hard to top them tonight, but who knows what we can expect.

Paul

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

Heading to see Phish tonight in Atlanta. Interestingly, Phish just got their own Sirius Radio station, and it will launch with a live broadcast of tonights show for anyone that's interested.
    Last years shows were both incredible sets. It will be hard to top them tonight, but who knows what we can expect.
    Paul

have fun and party safe!

Can hardly wait for curveball!!!!

1 week later
    #85 5 years ago

Only a few more days to Curveball! Cannot freaking wait!

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

Only a few more days to Curveball! Cannot freaking wait!

will be in glennclose on Wed afternoon! Looking forward to it, but base don the weather... bring the rain gear and gumboots!

#87 5 years ago

If anyone is in need of a single three day pass to Dicks(stands) for face value, let me know. I have a friend that is unable to attend.

Tickets are PTBM tickets and can next day ship them to you.

#88 5 years ago

Sorry to everyone headed out to or already at Curveball. I can't imagine how the band feels having to be told that the event must be cancelled.

#90 5 years ago

I don't care about all the money we blew, but the blown week of pto sure does hurt. Been pullin 100+ hour weeks just to make things fall in place for this week. 26 hrs of driving for not a single note of music hurts.

I hope they rebook for next year and honor our tickets and then the band blows it up with something special for us. A simple refund aint gonna cut it and i am guessing the band knows that.

Safe travels to all my pinball brothers heading back home.

#91 5 years ago

The next fest will be something special for sure, but aren’t they all?
    The band OWES us nothing beyond refunds. This was nobody’s fault.

#92 5 years ago

Ended up flying from Montreal to LGA to find out in the cab line it was cancelled. Stayed at my friends for the weekend.

Huge bummer. Some of my friends drove from Atlanta and turned back around at the gate!

Still haven't received any emails saying it was cancelled or anything about a refund.

2 weeks later
    #94 5 years ago

I just hope you don’t believe EVERYTHING you read on PhantasyTour. LOL! Because you really shouldn’t believe ANYTHING.

#95 5 years ago

I just hope you don’t believe EVERYTHING you read on PhantasyTour. LOL! Because you really shouldn’t believe ANYTHING.

seems plausible to me and would have been awesome!

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

seems plausible to me and would have been awesome!

Sure, it’s plausible. But it’s also 100% fantasy.
    Seems to me like the “theme” of Curveball was related to mathematics, as the campgrounds were named after different kinds of curves.
    Furthermore, the big silver ball was already used at Superball IX, where they ALSO already had a Pinball Lounge!

Sure, it would have been awesome. But it’s also just some dude’s pipe dream.

PhantasyTour is a complete and total SEWER. Now THAT is a cold, hard FACT!

#97 5 years ago

meh, after a week wasted and 27hr drive for nothing I am going to imagine it was going to be pinball, glorius pinball music jams the whole weekend.

#98 5 years ago

Just remember....THE OCEAN IS LOVE..... but it’s also contaminated.

#99 5 years ago

The curveball t-shirt did have a very pinball/goldpall vibe going.

Hope everyone that was at Dick's had a good time. Always love Dicks, because it's not too often that I get to spend the day playing pinball and the night seeing Phish. Great weather, made the walk to back to the hotel each night easy.

Whysnow, I hope you haven't had any trouble with the refund process from Curveball.

Anyone else attending the Vegas run this year?

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Whysnow, I hope you haven't had any trouble with the refund process from Curveball.

still no refund here.

I have gotten 1 email about it but nothing else. Really poor communication and delay is honestly like salt in the wound at this stage.
    I am amazed at how badly this has all been handled.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phish-head-pin-heads-curveball/page/2?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.