(Topic ID: 104418)

Join Philly Pinball Club (and surrounding area)

By CaptainNavidad

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Calling all pinheads! I'm writing to announce that a new pinball group - Liberty Pinball Club - is launching in the Philly/NJ region. This past winter a friend of mine and Pinside member, TaTa, started a thread on this very site to gauge interest in a possible club for local pinball enthusiasts. Interest abounded. At that point, however, we were unsure as to how to best disseminate information to members and, to be frank, had not defined the exact nature and function of our club. Last month, Tata, I and three other Pinsiders - SpiffyRob, Freddy and Vilant, met to discuss the best way to reconnect with local pinheads who were interested in our group. SpiffyRob, a magnanimous web designer, created www.libertypinballclub.com to serve as our virtual meeting place and discussion forum. We cordially invite all pinball aficionados located in the Tri-State region to visit our site and to register your contact information (name and e-mail). We would implore you too, to please leave comments and constructive feedback on features and benefits you would like to see from the club. Though not exhaustive, a few of the website/club goals discussed were as follows:
    • A collection of information for local pinball resources (distributors, parts, route locations)
    • A directory of local players (bio, location, pins they have, pins they want)
    • A place to plan events (meet-ups, tournaments, league play)
    • A kind of classified section to match people who want to play a table with those who have it available
    Do you have a pin you're looking to sell or trade? Consider extending the offer to the LPC member base before the pinball community at large. Headed to PinCrossing one night to play Jay's gorgeous pins? Connect with other LPC members to plan an impromptu tournament. Rebuilding flippers or troubleshooting a technical issue? Maybe another local pinhead is willing to offer his or her knowledge, expertise and time to remedy your challenge. Let's face it, many of us like talking about pinball and working on our machines as much as we like to play them. Going to York, Expo, or Allentown show? Meet up with other LPC members! In truth, the possibilities for our website and club are virtually boundless, and we want to hear from you. So please -- visit our site, register and let us know your thoughts. On a final note, PinCrossing (the arcade located inside the Railroad Street Bar & Grill) will be the site of our next meet-up - more information to follow on www.libertypinballclub.com

#2 9 years ago

hey Greg, long Live LPC!

#3 9 years ago

It looks like we finally made it! We are looking forward to our first meet up at PinCrossing at RRB&G and meeting like minded pinball enthusiast as yourself. Jay(OP) was instrumental on setting this location up and bringing great ideas that could be implemented into the club. One idea was to hold IFPA and LCP tournaments. We will leave details and updates on LCPs web site as they come in. I have not forgotten all who have contacted me before and will be reaching out to them shortly. I hope you consider us for membership. It will only strengthen your pinball knowledge and the number of people you know who play it!

#4 9 years ago

Really like this idea! I think I remember seeing TaTas message a while back and kind of forgot about it. Marking this so I can find it again!

#5 9 years ago

Come one come all! Drop a note here and send us a message from the contact form!

http://libertypinballclub.com/

#6 9 years ago

South Jersey Pinball League is starting up again on Wed evenings too, although it's in Somers Point (one town in from Ocean City). Might want to let guys out towards Philly know, in case anyone wants to join in.

#7 9 years ago

thanks for the invite but mid week is tough as i get up for work at 4:00 am. but you guys have at it.maybe some other LPC members can attend.Keep those pinballs a banging hope you guys have great time.

#9 9 years ago

this is exactly what i've been wishing we had in philly

#11 9 years ago

Next three people to hit up the contact form at http://libertypinballclub.com/ get a free beer from me at the first meetup!

#12 9 years ago

Wed bump... got keep bumping

#14 9 years ago

Thanks, Matt. Afternoon Bump!

#15 9 years ago

Signing up

#17 9 years ago

Fri. BUMP and join.

#20 9 years ago

I'm in

#21 9 years ago

Nice! welcome. and now you'll get to play the BAD CATS LoL!

#22 9 years ago

Signing up. Yo.

#23 9 years ago

excellent! welcome

#24 9 years ago

I just signed up

#25 9 years ago

Awesome welcome

#26 9 years ago

Welcome all new LPC members! Anyone plan to attend the York show this Friday? I know Matt G will be there as well as TaTa and me. Others...?

#27 9 years ago

signing up

#28 9 years ago

welcome brothers

#29 9 years ago

The Philadelphia "Pin"sylvania Liberty Pinball Club just expanded to southern New Jersey. I joined. Greetings from over the bridges.

#30 9 years ago

sweet! welcome

#31 9 years ago

signup bump! i'm in. any of you guys coming to York? I will be there both days.

#32 9 years ago

I hope all that went to York had a great time... I Did!

#33 9 years ago

when is the next get together?

#34 9 years ago

Bump for the 5-1 Eagles. P.S. - Giants suck!

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

when is the next get together?

Hey Guys. We are having an informal get together, meet and greet at Pin Crossing, Fri. 10/24 from 6-9pm. This will let some of us meet each other and play some pinball. Pin Crossing has great food and drinks as well. Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks, Freddy

#36 9 years ago

Signed up! I don't know if I can make it to pincrossing on Friday, but maybe a Pinball Gallery meetup should be up next!

#37 9 years ago

Welcome! We can do that for sure!

#38 9 years ago

See all of this information presented slightly differently! And join our mailing list!

http://libertypinballclub.com/

#39 9 years ago

Looking forward to Friday night!

#40 9 years ago

Wish I could be there. Enjoy fellas.

#41 9 years ago

Looks like a good idea !!

Brian

#42 9 years ago

First beer is on the house for members

Thanks Jay and RR

#43 9 years ago

bump for all who will be attending and for those who are thinking about going.

#44 9 years ago

Just wanted to confirm, we are offering a free beer selected from our 40+ beers on tap to any registered philly pinball club members that stop by tomorrow night to join us The current beer menu is available here : http://railroadstreet.com/BeerList/beermenu.aspx

-Jay

#45 9 years ago

Thank you for the nice gesture, Jay. I look forward to you smoking me in a game of pinball tomorrow evening....

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrobinso99:

Just wanted to confirm, we are offering a free beer selected from our 40+ beers on tap to any registered philly pinball club members that stop by tomorrow night to join us The current beer menu is available here : http://railroadstreet.com/BeerList/beermenu.aspx
    -Jay

Awsome!

#47 9 years ago

We (Joe and Amy)will be there tonight can't wait!
    Joe

#48 9 years ago

If any of you guys are tournament players, I just made a FB page for my Jingle Balls Holiday Tournament last night. It will be on Saturday Dec 27th. Once the IFPA site gets the bugs from last week worked out, I'll be able to submit it to be listed in their calendar.

https://www.facebook.com/events/596072670514704/

Let me know if you want to compete or if you have any questions!

#49 9 years ago

heading out around 5pm hope to be there by 6pm can't wait to have some good food and some pinball fun!

#50 9 years ago

Good luck getting there by 6 you better leave now!
    Joe

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/philly-sj-pinball-club-20/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.