Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by teekee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Looking for a game to be transported from Philly area to Canton, Ohio area. Its actually an arcade game. A little longer than a pin. Maybe coming for Football Hall of Fame festivities?

#2 4 years ago

Check with fast Eddie.

#3 4 years ago

Checked with Eddie... nice guy! But Ohio is just too far. He usually only gets over this way if he has multiple pickups/deliveries.

#4 4 years ago

I just used STI to ship from Philly to Portland. Wasn't the best in terms of communication or smoothness but it got done in the end. STI partners with a moving company in the suburbs: the first time they sent a truck (26' I think) they said there was nowhere to park it and would have to send a smaller truck. Then they quoted me an additional $500 surcharge in order to use the smaller truck, which I balked at. Ultimately they agreed to meet in a shopping parking lot near me and send the full size truck, no surcharge. Well... that never got communicated to the driver I guess because he pulled up around the corner (which worked out better for me anyways).

Cost $500, but I haven't had confirmation of delivery (possibly today). I would imagine to Ohio would be less.

If there's not a big rush to get it done, plenty of people are heading to Pinburgh from the Philly area.

#5 4 years ago

Yep, I've used STI several times and overall they do a nice job but a little on the high side price wise. I always like to check to see if anyone might be making the trip. You have Pinburgh and if you're a football fan the Hall Of Fame festivities start that weekend as well here in Canton. I am in no rush but the guy in Philly would like it out of there in a couple weeks max.

#6 4 years ago

Transportation found!

1 week later
    #7 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

I just used STI to ship from Philly to Portland. Wasn't the best in terms of communication or smoothness but it got done in the end. STI partners with a moving company in the suburbs: the first time they sent a truck (26' I think) they said there was nowhere to park it and would have to send a smaller truck. Then they quoted me an additional $500 surcharge in order to use the smaller truck, which I balked at. Ultimately they agreed to meet in a shopping parking lot near me and send the full size truck, no surcharge. Well... that never got communicated to the driver I guess because he pulled up around the corner (which worked out better for me anyways).
    Cost $500, but I haven't had confirmation of delivery (possibly today). I would imagine to Ohio would be less.
    If there's not a big rush to get it done, plenty of people are heading to Pinburgh from the Philly area.

As a follow up to my post: they did indeed deliver the machine that day. Came in good condition, no obvious damage, but the machine was palleted oddly, laying on the bottom of the cabinet, instead of standing on it's back, and the backbox was laid on top, glass up. It was delivered without the legs and bag of goodies I had handed to the pick up crew. They had not wrapped it in front of me, which I guess is the usual procedure, so the bag and legs got separated. To their credit, they shipped the bag and legs with FedEx and it arrived a few days later, but until it arrived both myself and the receiver had no idea where the stuff was, neither of us were contacted by STI or their local partners.

1 week later
    #8 4 years ago

SSMTransport picked up and delivered my machine for a very fair fee. Very happy with Dan and will definitely use them again!

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

SSMTransport picked up and delivered my machine for a very fair fee. Very happy with Dan and will definitely use them again!

Post the contact information for SSM Transport. . .never heard of them.

#10 4 years ago

Teekee, With your avatar, I'm surprised that you didn't post your inquiry in this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-good-bad-amp-ugly-of-delivery-services-pinball-amp-arcade

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Post the contact information for SSM Transport. . .never heard of them.

Dan Scott... he can be reached at 864-903-1324

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/philadelphia-to-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.