Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Age 81, due to Cov-19 complications.

A very flawed genius we won’t see the likes of again.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

A very flawed genius we won’t see the likes of again.

I think we have a winner for Understatement of the Year.....he died in jail after being convicted of murder.....

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I think we have a winner for Understatement of the Year.....he died in jail after being convicted of murder.....

Yup, He was a piece of shit.

#5 3 years ago

Not dead enough

#7 3 years ago

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

My thought was that the initial announcement for someone like this should ideally be made in an unemotional, objective manner (Notice the absence of any “RIP” nonsense.)

But now that we are into the body of the thread, I’ll affirm that he was indeed a depraved POS who is only now finally receiving the ultimate justice he deserved so long ago.

The only reason he was even worth a mention in the first place is solely due to the musical contributions, which were and are significant.

#9 3 years ago

I studied his "Wall of Sound" techniques when I was trying songwriting/recording. It works very well but would not fly this day in time of recorded beats.
Paul Mcartney never liked the lush orchestrations on Let it Be so released Let it Be..Naked where he stripped out Phil Spector. I liked both versions.
I think old Phil killed several people, a few he was never convicted of.

#10 3 years ago

Brilliant producer and crazy bastard.

He spent decades pointing guns at people it was only a matter of time.

Every holiday season I spin his Christmas album a few times, and his Back to Mono box set is amazing.

#11 3 years ago

Didn't he also have an under age fling??

#12 3 years ago

Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy!

#13 3 years ago

Well... he did have some very interesting inventions in the world of sound, produced one of my favorite Ramones albums with Marky, and was a total, utter waste of human life. May he RIP and get bent.

#14 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15 3 years ago

you missed the best one

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16 3 years ago

How messed up do you have to be to scare The Ramones?

#17 3 years ago

I have to quote my favorite uncle for this one, so don't blame me.
" He's been Officially added to my piss on grave list"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phil-spector-is-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.