(Topic ID: 154315)

Pharaoh's curse..or cursed Pharaoh. Not sure. Micro switch help, diagnostic mode

By KnoxPins

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KnoxPins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnoxPins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've been reading all the Pharaoh threads. No dice to my issues.

I bought one for $200 that I refuse to say die on, the former owner did. It was working a few months ago.

I don't know all the right terms, so be gentle.

On the MPU board on the right edge towards the top, there are two sets of small red switch boxes with 8 switches each (circled in red in the pic). I have no doubt that the switches are set incorrectly. I read on one thread that those switches have to be a certain way for certain Series 7 games.

So.. Does anyone know the proper Open/Closed sequence?

FYI... I had good batteries. I took them out to mess with it.

Separately,

I turn it on, it shows what is shown in the pic, where it shows "2504 2" in the display. I know that's diagnostic mode. I can't get the diagnostic switch to advance, only go backwards (yes, I depressed the middle switch). I actually replaced the switch thinking it was bad and it works just the same (before I messed with the micro switchestoo. I was trying to set the thing to free play mode then to "game over"from function 50. No dice.

When I depress the switch highlighted in yellow, it goes into what I think is attract mode ( shown in the pick with a score of 2,300,000), but won't start. I even dropped quarters into it.

Any help is appreciated!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on the switches?

1 month later
#9 8 years ago

John Wart Jr. got my boards up and running. I'm working on the lighting now and am struggling to decide what to do with it. Thanks for the advice. I learned a great deal about all this in the past month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnoxPins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pharaohs-curseor-cursed-pharaoh-not-sure?tu=KnoxPins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.