• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_Pharaoh Switch Matrix Chart.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Playing Pharaoh the other night, the ball got stuck in the lower right kick out and wouldn't fire it out on it's own.

I shut the pin off, powered it on and that kickout works now.

I noticed when I start a new game and if I keep adding players till I get 4 players, every time I press START again I get 12,000 points added to the current players score (Player One since I haven't even started the first ball).

Any ideas?

I also took out the balls, lifted the playfield and started a game that way.
I notice that same lower right kickout fires every time I press START with no credits on the game if this clue helps.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sounds like some kind of switch matrix issue. The start button and lower eject are in the same row. Do any of the other switches in that row cause the eject hole to fire?
When you press start in switch test, what switch numbers register?

I'll have to get my manual out to learn how to get in switch test. It's been a long time since I did that.

#4 5 years ago

I also noticed that the other left side kicker that fires the ball to the upper playfield will fire right after the lower right kickout when I press the START button.

#5 5 years ago

So finally getting a chance to revisit this issue.
So the ROW would include the START button (credit button) and the HIDDEN TOMB SHOOTER (see attached PDF)?
I'm going to have to figure out what the HIDDEN TOMB SHOOTER is to test that switch and see if it toggles the others.

Williams_Pharaoh Switch Matrix Chart.pdfWilliams_Pharaoh Switch Matrix Chart.pdf
#7 5 years ago

I'm no System 6 or 7 expert.
But I was able to reset the high score using the coin door buttons! DOH!
Is there a tutorial or video on how to use those buttons to get to switch test mode?
Sorry but all I found on YouTube was an out of focus video with a guy explaining it and all I got was a headache trying to see it.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1778/Williams_1981_Pharaoh_Instruction_Booklet.pdf
Instructions for getting into test modes.
Consider sending a couple of $ to IPDB. They are an invaluable resource!

That was a big help. I have the manual for Pharaoh but none of this info was in it.
I will donate some $$$ to IPDB.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Were you able to get into switch test? If not I could try to make a video of mine showing it

Now that the weekend is "starting" and it's raining, I have some time today and tomorrow to try the switch test.
I'd appreciate a video on it. There isn't really one out there I could find (at least that was clear/concise).
THANKS!
CuJo

#15 5 years ago

Thanks for giving me a little 'push'.
Appears I did not have the complete manual online, just in paper form which I dug out of my bookcase.
So in SWITCH TEST (03), I get stuck switches, in this order on display show up: 21,23,22, all which appear
to be the UPPER CENTER 3-BANK Target(s).
I will visually inspect that now.

Update:
Ok , so all 3 of those targets were in down position.
Reset them all by hand and NO switch errors.
Ran solenoid test (02) and all solenoids fired.
Will put playfield down and see what happens.

#17 5 years ago

Yep...Switch Test works as should ..no open switches.

Lowered playfield. Powered on. No sound..no start..

Make sure two balls in game. There is.

Power on again with both lower balls where they needed to be to start.
VOILA!
No 12,000 point randomness, all good. Weird as I really did nothing to fix this.

I was putting on new post rubbers and some plastics up at top of playfield which is tricky.

You have to have playfield slid back some and lifted to access the top wood screws with a screwdriver.

Thanks for your posts!

Consider this resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pharaoh-start-up-issues?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.