Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a Williams pharaoh that has had the sound go out, then come back, then go out. I thought it was tied to the pot inside the backbox. Now it seems pretty random. The sound will be there, then later it won't be there. The game plays great. When the sound is on it sounds great. When the sound is on the pots increase and decrease the volume (including the one in the cabinet). I'm not sure where to start to figure out what might be the issue.

does anyone have any suggestions?

#3 8 years ago

I'll check that tonight.

#4 8 years ago

I tried to push on the components on the sound board. The sound came back on with the next game. I'm thinking you are right that it is a loose solder connection. That is probably why it came on and off when i fiddled with the pot on the board. I probably moved the board enough to reconnect the loose connection. If it goes off again, i'll pull the board and reheat the connections.

thanks for the tip!

6 months later
#6 7 years ago

I wish I could help with this one. My sound never went back off and I sold my machine before I ever got a chance to look into it again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pharaoh-sound-problems?tu=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.