• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi there,

I have a Pharaoh pinball machine, bought quite a while ago. More recently I had to replace the MPU and Driver boards. I got replacements from Kohout, those didn't work so they replaced those. Sadly it's beyond warranty now. The power supply, sound, and display boards are stock.

Symptoms: no solenoids work, except flippers and relays. IC1 gets very warm. In solenoid test almost all leds in array for "solenoid driver 1/2" blink for each failed solenoid tested, when a relay is activated, only the correct led on array lights. The LEDs for flipper driver stay on. Background music stops after 5 seconds. It forgot settings, although doesn't require battery. Knightside witnessed this too.

Dx: I triple checked the DIP switches. nReset and blanking LEDs are on as they should. Board dx will return a "0" although on occasion has returned "9". Switches seem to work.

I think the MPU board is bad.

Thanks,
Mattwesterville

#2 1 year ago

Your post reads like you have very little knowledge of electronics and pinball machines in general?

Perhaps you need to have someone experienced look at it rather than just shotgun replacing boards - very wasteful and very UNLIKELY to ever result in a fix.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4u:

Your post reads like you have very little knowledge of electronics and pinball machines in general?
Perhaps you need to have someone experienced look at it rather than just shotgun replacing boards - very wasteful and very UNLIKELY to ever result in a fix.

pins4u

I have depression and memory issues as I get shock therapy. It took nearly an hour to write that. You are correct I do have little knowledge, thats why im seeking help.
I don't make any claims to be smart, an expert, or better and I'll admit when I'm wrong freely. I am wrong often.

I could drop insults here but I deleted them, and it would be nice if everyone would pause before posting something derogatory.

Anyhow I got a guy looking at it tomorrow morning who is a professional. He is also looking at my #high speed machine, so I wanted maybe to save $ and get an answer here.

#4 1 year ago

None of this would have happened if Pharaoh would of let the Israelite's go.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from MattWesterville:

pins4u
I have depression and memory issues as I get shock therapy. It took nearly an hour to write that. You are correct I do have little knowledge, thats why im seeking help.
I don't make any claims to be smart, an expert, or better and I'll admit when I'm wrong freely. I am wrong often.
I could drop insults here but I deleted them, and it would be nice if everyone would pause before posting something derogatory.
Anyhow I got a guy looking at it tomorrow morning who is a professional. He is also looking at my #high speed machine, so I wanted maybe to save $ and get an answer here.

Your original post was fairly clear, and you seem to have more knowledge than you may realize. Pinball repair is always a learning experience. I had no knowledge at first, and now know more than I ever thought possible and also much less than the professionals. I wish I knew more about Williams systems to offer help. I’m glad someone is coming to take a look. Please post back the resolution as it will help others like yourself. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pharaoh-is-sick-help-him?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.