7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TimberOne
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimberOne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am really stumped on this one... My desw is registering phantom switch actions. There are at least 3 actions happening by itself. I have checked connections and all are good/open with no chance of accidental contact connections. Slam tilt, right slingshot, ramp entrance have been regularly noticed. So while the ball is sitting in the cradle, the ramp entrance will periodically activate which causes the skill shot to activate. There is no rhyme or reason to when ths happens, sometimes within 10 seconds sometimes 10 minutes. Then while game play, the slam tilt activates killing the game. That contact is over 1/8" and no way that is accidental. Looking at the matrix chart, these switches are not in the same column or rows so doesnt seem like a miswire. The board was sent in for repair and told 100% good condition. Any idea what to look for?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I read often that a screw can come loose in the trough area and touch a switch where the wire is soldered to. I think it may have been the one close to the outhole switch.

Hmm, Ill take a look, but wouldnt that just cause one switch activation? There are at least 3 switches I am seeing activate mysteriously.

1 month later
#5 7 years ago

Still stumped. I located that screw on the pinwiki and no thats not it. I did more research and traced the issue to 2/5 which is the center trough. If i pull the green/red wire from the switch, everything works perfect, as soon as i reconnect it has the issue. So... Am i correct in concluding there must be a short somewhere in either the green/red or white/yel wires? I have visually traced and see no issues. I also checked cpu and no issue. How in the world to i figure this one out??? I tried testing the ground for a short, nothing. I also replaced the diode in the switch btw. Could the switch itself be bad?

I really appreciate your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimberOne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-switching?tu=TimberOne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.