5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RudeDogg1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Phantom 4 (resized).jpg
    Phantom 1 (resized).jpg
    Phantom 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RudeDogg1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I recieved this machine this week on loan. To start with it wouldnt boot I reseated everything and checked all the fuses of which 4 had blown. Now it boots the right sling middle switch doesnt work which im assuming may be the diode. The right pop is working but like the right sling it works but the switch isnt registering but that one looks like it need adjusting.

the pop bumpers and slings are working but none of the others and it wont let me go into the coil test menu so I cant even check the others. The kickback has got very hot at some point. Its a 23-800 I have some williams AE-23-800 can I use that? Also got the standard toasty connector so that will be rebuilt.
    Im totally new to data east so dont even know what I should be looking at so any help is greatfully recieved.

Phantom 1 (resized).jpgPhantom 1 (resized).jpgPhantom 2 (resized).jpgPhantom 2 (resized).jpgPhantom 4 (resized).jpgPhantom 4 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Abit of progress I've buzzed all the transistors (-probe on ground + on tab is this right) all were fine apart from all 3 tip36c on the PPB board they all buzzed does that mean they need changing?

Not sure how to test the ones on the flipper board as there doesn't seem to be a ground point

#4 5 years ago

He lives once again Q5 has done the trick. I reckon it was that kick back coil that had taken it out. I think this because Q5 has been replaced before and the burnt coil was a stern coil which would lead me to believe it's been swapped before.

Still the right sling score switch out and the right pop score switch. What I did notice when testing the right pop was when it fired 2 flashers in the back box faintly lit. Which seems abit odd to me, a potential prob?

A few lights in the backbox I still need to investigate. But I've been through all the insert bulbs and replaced any dead ones, a lot of the flashers were dead.

A question for DE owners how the hell do you get to the bulbs on the back of the pf backboard? I'm used to Williams do DE only pivot up?

I've also sealed the backglass with triple thick

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RudeDogg1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-with-issues-mini-shop-log?tu=RudeDogg1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.