(Topic ID: 295135)

Phantom of the Opera: Weird switch scoring

By BradLinden

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I shopped out my POTO and everything is looking and playing great, but I have noticed one very strange issue: The 3 top lane switches (where the skill shot is) and the spinner on the right are scoring ~9 million points every time they're hit (for context: 2-4 million is a good score for a full game). What's also weird is that when the spinner is lit for "5k", the spinner scores 5k, not 9 million.

When I shopped out the game, I replaced a broken start button (w/ new switch). Other than that, it was pretty much all cosmetic. Having a hard time figuring out what's causing this odd scoring.

#2 2 years ago

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the settings?

I had a similar glitch on my Robocop. Doing a factory reset resolved the problem.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I replaced a broken start button (w/ new switch)

Did you get the wires in the correct spots, silver banded end of diode facing the right direction ?

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

I don’t think the start button is part of the switch matrix, but I would definitely double check that you that the wiring and diode is correct.

Did you try going into the diagnostics to see if it reports any stuck switches?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

I don’t think the start button is part of the switch matrix

It is! They call it the "credit button" (switch #3) in the operator's manual, but the switch test acknowledges it as the start button.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

It is! They call it the "credit button" (switch #3) in the operator's manual, but the switch test acknowledges it as the start button.

Ah! There ya go. Defiantly look into that button

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the settings?
I had a similar glitch on my Robocop. Doing a factory reset resolved the problem.

Factory reset fixed it! Wow that is the most satisfyingly easy repair I’ve ever done. Thank you!

Before trying this, I did also double check the diode wiring but that didn’t seem to make a difference. Thanks everyone for their insight!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-weird-switch-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.