D783D772-CC44-4B45-AA9C-00A1EC44142B (resized).jpeg
11547848-F6B5-4060-90E0-019D9FB41090 (resized).jpeg
E82B3AC6-57FD-4DEE-9262-4E98EFFBA01F (resized).jpeg
64EB3E57-F6D6-4636-AF4F-30B755B1B0BE (resized).jpeg
18C27A62-7CB6-4A5B-B302-D409E99E4015 (resized).jpeg
C4E279E0-9FE1-4D5A-AFB6-0AF980207FF2 (resized).jpeg
18DD5C42-476E-430B-8020-9496A85A8A8F (resized).jpeg
D7C33595-765A-4C70-A902-C19FAE983903 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.
#201 8 years ago

Ok I kind of see what's left of the middle reaper at the bottom and will go off of that

#203 8 years ago

that looks closer. Thought you asked me for scans of certain areas of this?

#204 8 years ago

I did. I think the cowl needs changed too

#205 8 years ago

Hood I mean

#206 8 years ago

did you email me direct? did i give you what you needed?

#207 8 years ago

I never got your email.

#208 8 years ago

well you should have sent me another. May have went ot junk or your email cut it off because it was to big. Send me again.

#209 8 years ago

Walked into this at work today

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I just bought a copy of the manual, I could scan the pages, but the fold out schematics wont fit in my scanner.

Hey, that would be great! Sorry, I've been tied up. My wife wrecked our car 2 days ago and now I'm crying..Got to pay for that. I would love a manual copy when you get the time. [email protected]

I'm having problems with Trough 2 switch. It does not work when activated. Multimeter is not reading any flow through it. The game is down now and says Ball Missing. UGH! I got a friend coming over FRIDAY to see it! UGH! Anyone know what that switch is called? Microswitch? Not sure what to order.

#211 8 years ago

OK. found it in the online manual fragment listed on IPDB. Says Trough #2 switch is a 180-5009-00. Got it! I think switches that will fit that are at Radio Shack..for emergencies!

#213 8 years ago

It's only a partial manual on ipdb

#214 8 years ago

I have a NOS POTO playfield that I can take some digital pics of if you want. I don't have any way to scan it.

No, it's not for sale.

#216 8 years ago

But those pics would be great.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

But those pics would be great.

OK, will do later on this afternoon.

#218 8 years ago

no proper POTO switch replacement at Radio Shack. Ordered 2 correct ones from Marcos Pinball today ($3.99) along with new flipper bushings (mine are weak) and a VUK spring ($3!!!!). Have a new badass soldering iron coming to fix several wires that have fallen off their spots. Got me a good one to last forever. This machine will be great soon. I found about 4 pins on the numeric display that are broken off.. I think that may be why my display has commas and lines everywhere. I might solder a piece of jump wire across to connect them. I wonder if that would work? THey really bashed this Phantom to crap at the arcade. It was destroyed, but looking nice now with my hand paint job and LED makeover.

#219 8 years ago

Thanks to DARSCOT for scanning the manual and schematics for me!!!! You rock!

#220 8 years ago

Anyone know how to upload a manual to ipdb? Now that I have the complete pdf it would be get it out there.

#221 8 years ago

Let's see if this helps you out. If you need any other pics, let me know.DSC00304.JPGDSC00304.JPGDSC00305.JPGDSC00305.JPGDSC00306.JPGDSC00306.JPGDSC00307.JPGDSC00307.JPGDSC00308.JPGDSC00308.JPGDSC00309.JPGDSC00309.JPG

#222 8 years ago

Damn.gifDamn.gif

Look at that playfield!!

#223 8 years ago

Oh my god that is so damn beautiful

#224 8 years ago

I seriously would drop an easy $1000 or more on that

#225 8 years ago

But I respect that it's not for sale. It belongs in a museum!

#226 8 years ago

Or at least given to CPR so they can make a repro

#227 8 years ago

LMAO! Nope, not for sale. I actually have 2 fairly nice POTO pins. My plan is to someday send that NOS playfield out to be cleared and then make 1 really nice POTO out of the 2.

#228 8 years ago

I hope that's your camera that makes it so washed out. Looks like the inserts are fogged? was there a clearcoat put on this back in the day? Never seen so much fogging in this era of DE. I bet this was a test sample to tryout some clearcoat. Most NOS fields out there, are either tests, or defected ones in some way, and why they didnt' use them. Or in some cases, they stopped production of the game after the fields were all made.

#229 8 years ago

The artwork is not washed out. Turns out it was the camera making it look that way. As for the inserts, without light shining through them, they don't look like the vivid colors that yours have. Some of that appears to be from the sanding scratches from when they ran the playfield through the belt sander after they installed the inserts, before they did the artwork and clearcoated it. When light is shown through them, the color is very nice. Here are a couple more pics with a different camera that show the colors better.phantom3.jpgphantom3.jpgphantom4.jpgphantom4.jpg

#230 8 years ago

Wow. I just realized your nos playfield doesn't even have the pilot holes in it.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Wow. I just realized your nos playfield doesn't even have the pilot holes in it.

Yeah. I know. I have several NOS playfields that aren't dimpled. I have envisioned building a giant pantograph to transfer the dimples. I don't know if I can build it with enough precision to be accurate. I think if you used ball bearings for the pivots, it might work. I have heard of people just laying paper over the old playfield and poking the holes in the paper and then using the paper to transfer the dimples to the new playfield. I find it hard to believe that that could be precise enough for the various assemblies to line up exactly as they need to be.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

I have heard of people just laying paper over the old playfield and poking the holes in the paper and then using the paper to transfer the dimples to the new playfield. I find it hard to believe that that could be precise enough for the various assemblies to line up exactly as they need to be.

If you have registration marks in both that are the same it should be perfect.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

I seriously would drop an easy $1000 or more on that

I would pay $1500!!!! We need this to get to Stew so he can scan it

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Let's see if this helps you out. If you need any other pics, let me know.

Wish I could have looked at these when I was handpainting my POTO. The one I used for reference on IPDB is different from yours..I believe. The ball drain area is different..so mine is painted different than your spare PF.

#235 8 years ago

I got my switches, flipper bushings, spare diodes, and new VUK spring (needed badly to play game at all) from Marcos overnight. They are about 60 miles from me so I get most packages overnight with regular standard shipping. I also received my new Soldering Iron ordered from Amazon with killer reviews. Going to do my first soldering job ever today and install my Trough #2 switch on POTO. Wish me good karma. ha. I want this game working today! I only have one machine working for goodness' sake!!! My Eight Ball Deluxe is a 6 month overhaul job not ready till 2016!

#236 8 years ago

I did my best with my flat iron and heat gun to flatten out the phantom insert. His face browned a little, but I know I'm gonna lose it all anyways when I pull the Mylar and will have a decal ready for it. It's 98% flat or below playfield level, with one tiny bubble still above that I will level out by sanding, and will fill in the rest and level with coat on top, and clear epoxy underneath to strengthen it

#237 8 years ago

OK, see what you think of this.
phantom5.jpgphantom5.jpg

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

I did my best with my flat iron and heat gun to flatten out the phantom insert. His face browned a little, but I know I'm gonna lose it all anyways when I pull the Mylar and will have a decal ready for it. It's 98% flat or below playfield level, with one tiny bubble still above that I will level out by sanding, and will fill in the rest and level with coat on top, and clear epoxy underneath to strengthen it

Please document all of that in pictures. I need to know what you are trying/doing. My phantom face is destroyed from below and is severely bubbled, burned, and knotty. Post any pics/tips etc you can!

#239 8 years ago

i soldered on the new Trough #2 switch and the game started right up! What a relief! Added a new mini spring in the second VUK that feeds from Organ into the red wire track. working now for the first time. Now on to my terribly weak flippers..replacing the plastic bushings tomorrow..hope it works without an all new kit or coils.

#240 8 years ago

NOS main ramp came!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#241 8 years ago

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#242 8 years ago

I've got to figure out a way to transfer the ramp decals. I don't have a decal printer, and it's like $100 to have them printed from scans.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

I've got to figure out a way to transfer the ramp decals. I don't have a decal printer, and it's like $100 to have them printed from scans.

I am interested in your solution

#244 8 years ago

I'd love to buy the decal printer that prints white and gold. Heck printing white on transparent decal paper would be awesome. But the cheapest one I found was $500. Hell, with the cost of all this repro stuff it may pay for itself. For now I'll stick with the laser printer. I'm thinking of maybe "gently" removing the glue from these and finding some way of sticking them back on and maybe clear coating over them.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Yeow! And there's a bunch of them. As much money, love, and time as you have in that pin, I would just bite the bullet and have them reprinted. Have you tried Kinko's?

I just noticed that there's no ramp flaps on that ramp. Do you have a rivet press? I'm about to look into buying one. Would sure be nice. They can't be that expensive, right?

#246 8 years ago

I have a pop rivet gun, but not a rivet press. I know I need to use the blind rivets with the press

#247 8 years ago

I wouldn't use pop rivets. You don't have any control over how much clamping force you're exerting. I would be afraid of cracking the plastic.

#248 8 years ago

Oh god I wouldn't want to do that for sure

#249 8 years ago

arn't the decals printed on plastic? for the bally ones, I just cleaned off all the glue and cleaned them up, sprayed 3M spray adhesive on them and restuck them on.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

I have a pop rivet gun, but not a rivet press. I know I need to use the blind rivets with the press

I have this and it works great http://www.arbortime.mountainminded.net/html/the_better_tonka_rivet_tool_-_.html. It's no longer for sale though.
With some encouragement, Vid might be able to pull out some magic yet again and come up with a $40 alternative that does not require buying a press and set of dies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
3,395 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-restoration/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.