You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

091_IMG_1196_1_1.jpg
090_IMG_1195_1_1.jpg
091_IMG_1196_1_1.jpg
090_IMG_1195_1_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

ahh the phantom of the opera magic mirror...the ball is screaming off the flipper up the center of the playfield and then poof! its gone where did it go? I just saw it a second ago! oh wait, it just popped out of the playfield hmmmm that was cool.

then my torsion spring broke on the magic mirror so that the ball would hit him and he would just stay open... kinda takes the "magic" out of the magic mirror. Marco is out of stock (again) and this needs to be fixed... no problem.

you can go to the hardware store and buy 2 medium sized toggle bolts (you know, the ones with the metal wings that spread out to grab the drywall) using a pair of needlenose you can dis assemble toggles and remove small spring (I used 2 springs, one on each side of magic mirror door) remove magic mirror assembly from game, slide one spring on each side. reinstall and use needlenose to bend one end of the spring to remain stationary and bend the other end to fit behind magic mirror door and your back in business... not only is this fix done for less than $1, but no need to wait for parts to arrive.

sorry I cant add pictures because I traded out my phantom a few weeks ago.

hope this helps someone

10 months later
#3 10 years ago

are you missing the entire mirror with brackets, just the mirror, or just the springs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-magic-mirror-quick-repair-tip?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.