(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87F32099-4FBB-4ED7-914C-9211631A0661 (resized).jpeg
39A46DE2-B92C-4966-B8D2-AA6FD2382E08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0180 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
output_image1694567056178 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I'll join the club. I love this game also! I bought mine in October of 2015. I still think it has the best artwork and great sounding music especially for an older pinball but still even today. Fortunately I was able to to find one is really good cosmetic condition with a really nice backglass and playfield.

11 months later
#137 5 years ago

I was playing a game with my POTO and the organ door got stuck half way up while it was raising. It just seems to vibrate softly now as the motor tries to raise the organ. I went under the playfield and the arm that attaches to the motor from the organ seems to be completely jammed. I can't move it at all by hand but when I look I don't see anything blocking the mechanical linkage. Before this happened I could easily move the arm attached to the organ up and down but now it won't budge. I hope the motor didn't go out but it's still trying to move the organ so I don't think thats it. Also it wouldn't explain why the arm to the organ is completely stuck. It should still be able to move even without the motor working. I've moved it before with the game turned off. Thanks for any ideas on where to start.

#139 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I actually got it sorted. The fixtures for the flashers on top of the organ were blocking the organ when it was trying to come up. When I took the top off for the first time I noticed that there was a nut under the screws. I removed them as I didn't know what they were for. I guess they were there to keep enough space. I don't know if that is specific to my game or if they all are like that but the top of the organ can't be flush or the ramp gets stuck when going up.
Also I wanted to ask if you knew which size retention spring I should use for the ramp. The one I just put on I think is too small and the organ struggles for a second or two when closing from the top position.

1 month later
#164 5 years ago

I've got a POTO and the CN1 connector had problems from the day I got the game. It has a bad connection which can cause the game to lose power including the alpha numeric display. I found that by holding the connector to the right it would maintain contact and the game would play fine so I just zip tied it to keep it where it needs to be for continuous contact and my game has been playing fine since. I think if your CN1 connector is bad though you wouldn't have power to anything except the GI lighting. At least that's how it was on mine.
I just read your previous post I it sounds exactly like the problem that I had and if so it is sounds like it is definitely the CN1 Connector. Try wiggling it around and see if the game comes to life. You may need to build a new connector you can get the kits on pinball life.

#166 5 years ago

I’m guessing that this is the battery for the CPU for my POTO. Can someone confirm? I’ve never seen one like this for a Pinball Machine but of course my experience is very limited. I would like to replace it as it must have been on there for a very long time and probably should be replaced. The problem is though that it appears to be soldered in place and I’ve never seen that before so I want to make sure that I know what I’m doing. How does one replace a battery like this? Just desolder and solder in a new one or is there a better way?

C76EC5AD-1418-4ACF-A240-A1AFD42803DA (resized).jpegC76EC5AD-1418-4ACF-A240-A1AFD42803DA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=shelby1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.