(Topic ID: 194908)

Phantom of the Opera Club - Owners and fans welcome!

By SilverUnicorn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87F32099-4FBB-4ED7-914C-9211631A0661 (resized).jpeg
39A46DE2-B92C-4966-B8D2-AA6FD2382E08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0180 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
output_image1694567056178 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_carl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 3 years ago

Hey - just joined the club. Picked up a project Poto last weekend.

Just curious has a bulb type/ count list for this game? Trying to make a order to shop

#357 3 years ago

Awesome thanks!

Found the rubber list in the manual but no bulb count. I did a quick count last night and had roughly the same for 555 and 47.

Know which flashers it uses?

Bit the bullet and just bought a new/used mpu to replace the battery damaged mess that came with it. I just want to get to making it look and play nice again. Made my big dirty pinball life parts order last night as well.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I cant find the shot map for the game that I usually will take notes on for the colors I want to use, but my Comet LED order when I did mine was for....
65 - 44/47s and 74 - 555s. Mostly whites, but had various colors mixed in for the inserts. And that number might be +/- give or take since i might have ordered a few bulbs for other games.
Titan order consisted of....
1- shooter tip
2 - Flipper rings standard
9 - 5/16" ID
5 - 1"ID
2 - 2"ID
2 - 7/16"OD
2 - 3/8"OD
4 -2 3/4"ID
9- post sleeves
All in red on black posts. Looks sexy as hell

Any pics with the red rubbers?

#360 3 years ago

Nice!

I’m guessing the center post between my flippers is an operator addition as I didn’t see it in the part list in the manual or in any pictures I’ve seen of the playfield

Anyone know where to find the metal ball guides for the in lanes, or if the modern plastic DE/Stern guides will work? Mine are beat to hell.

4 weeks later
#383 3 years ago

Hey - got my flipper and sound issues ironed out and played my first few games this afternoon!

Just a question for you guys...

Is it normal to do a ball search at the start and end of every game?

All my VUKs cycle when the Start button is pressed at the beginning of the game before a ball is kicked out, as well as after the Match sequence.

Other than that everything is working great. Only other issues are some of the targets don’t register when hit hard. I’m assuming that maybe a contact /adjustment issue.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Mine does it at start up and also after a game before it goes into attract mode.

Ok thanks. Good to know.

3 weeks later
#395 3 years ago
Quoted from PurpleTophat:

Anybody know if this brass shooter spring will fit a Phantom?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-149-G
I saw it listed under Phantom for game specific parts but then it directed me to another one in the listing that is out of stock and does not look brass.

I picked one up from pinball life in my order (Marco was sold out) when I was shopping out the game but it didn’t work well.

If I remember right it was too big/stiff and you couldn’t get a good plunge.

1 week later
#405 3 years ago

Nice. I wondered what the speakers would look like lit up red.

I actually designed some led spacers and 3d printed them for the DE dmd era speakers a couple months back and lit my Last Action Hero and my friends TFtC.

I have a new plastic set to put on my PoTO this weekend so I’ll measure them while I have that million plastic out and see if my print bed is big enough, if so I’ll see if I whip something up.

3 weeks later
#412 3 years ago

Ok so this is probably stupid but...

I have my game set on freeplay. The display always shows "Credit 1", is there a way or something in the settings to make it say "Free Play" instead, or were we just not there yet for 1990? haha

My buddy keeps chirping me when he's over playing and keeps asking why I doesn't just say Freeplay. I'd like to change it if possible, so he can get a good night sleep :p

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I think it says 1 credit because you either matched or hit a replay score. Once you use those up I think it says Free Play. Mine does anyway. Or maybe I am mixed up?
Chris

Yeah if you match or get a high a score it adds the appropriate credits but will go back to “Credit 1” after a minute or two in attract mode.

Quoted from Darscot:

Mine has never said Free Play it just always shows one or more credits.

ok good to know. I assume they just hadn’t implemented that yet. I guess I’ll forever be chirped for it whenever we play. Haha

1 year later
#466 1 year ago

Are your standup targets getting hung up on the wiring for the lamps on top of of the organ?

#469 1 year ago

It should fully open. Not just an inch. The metal on the back of the switches inside the Organ can snag on the twist in bulb holders if the roof isn’t mounted right.

The organ opening and closing in small increments in test mode is how mine functions as well. Maybe look at your limit switches or to see if the armature that lifts the door moves freely and that it’s not bent or misshapen.

#473 1 year ago

Can’t comment about the gearbox. I’ve never had mine open.

Does the organ open fully if the roof isn’t attached? Might be worth checking that the ramp isn’t interfering with it as well. I remember running into similar issues when I reassembled my game.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The top piece is to have two nut spacers on to raise the top cover a bit.

Mine didn’t have any spacers when I got it. Didn’t know they were ever there but I assumed something was up. I think I ended up using washers to get my clearance.

3 months later
#492 1 year ago

Check CN8 on the PSU. The connector is most likely toasty brown. You can try reseating it.

Pull and check the GI fuses on the PPB with a meter. Try reseating J5.

Edit
Pinwiki has some good troubleshooting info

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#General_Illumination_Issues

6 months later
#499 7 months ago

It’s likely hung up/rubbing on those rubbers on the sides of the hole.

#504 7 months ago

My game was a mess when I bought it I. The magic mirror section had seen better days for sure. I managed to straighten everything but it still hangs up on the side post rubbers from time to time, but usually drops once the VUK kicks the ball out.

The game currently has traditional style black rubbers on it, which seem to be a different thickness depending on where you source them. I think ended up using smaller zip ties on the side rubbers to cinch them in a bit near the path of the door. You may have better luck with silicone/titan rubbers at those two locations as I think they’re skinnier.

It helps if the door barracks, hinge and spring are all properly aligned and working. There’s definitely some experimenting on the spring portion as I ended up cutting and making my own if I can remember right.

#505 7 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Could someone possibly please take a picture of this area of the backglass? I want to try to make a decal for it since mine has spots that flaked off on the bottom right. Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

There was a decent picture/scan of the overlayed portions of the backglass kicking around the forum (may even be in this thread) that I ended up using to make one for my mask / hangman. I didn’t bother with the display cutout. Forum or Google search will probably help you with that.

1 month later
#515 6 months ago

Has Pinsound released a board that is compatible with this era of Data East yet?

#517 6 months ago

Yeah, last I checked there wasn't any combability for the alphanumeric Data East yet, but that was also a couple years ago so who knows.

Regardless, I love the music and sounds on both my PoTO and Robocop and wouldn't change them if there was an option to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_carl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phantom-of-the-opera-club-owners-and-fans-welcome?tu=mad_carl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.